Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely! If we were able to sign Pittman I’d STILL draft MHJ. Pittman would be a great start IF somebody moved ahead of us and took MHJ.
I love Pittman.. but he’s not a #1. I am worried at this point if we can get MHJ. A few decent Fields performances and I’d have to assume they will target him. They need OL help as well, but Fields can’t throw.. MHJ can make those throws look a lot better. He hasn’t thrown a pic for back to back games for the first time this season… they’d rather make Fields work as I doubt he has any trade value even if he plays OK through year end.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Pittman.. but he’s not a #1. I am worried at this point if we can get MHJ. A few decent Fields performances and I’d have to assume they will target him. They need OL help as well, but Fields can’t throw.. MHJ can make those throws look a lot better. He hasn’t thrown a pic for back to back games for the first time this season… they’d rather make Fields work as I doubt he has any trade value even if he plays OK through year end.
He wouldn’t have to be with MHJ. His size and blocking would be perfect for us.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bears fans definitely seem to be wanting to position themselves for MHJ as well.
He wouldn’t have to be with MHJ. His size and blocking would be perfect for us.
Wouldnt we want stylistically different Wrs? Although I will say there was a time I slightly favored Jeudy over Lamb because I worried Lamb was too similar to Hopkins. Yikes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bears fans definitely seem to be wanting to position themselves for MHJ as well.

Wouldnt we want stylistically different Wrs? Although I will say there was a time I slightly favored Jeudy over Lamb because I worried Lamb was too similar to Hopkins. Yikes.
I see MHJ as a Ferrari with great hands. I see Pittman as a Hummer with good speed.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. If we're going with another big WR I'd rather get Evans or Tee Higgins.
Eh. If we're going with another big WR I'd rather get Evans or Tee Higgins.
Evans is older, Higgins has had the luxury of Chase and Burrows. Pittman has not had the luxury of a great qb or wr group and still has been darn good.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know if we can land MHJ. Its possible the Cards win 2 more games. With 5 wins, they could be out of the running at that point.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an ongoing process evaluating Murray. The Steelers game was definitely a positive in that evaluation.

To me it was the first time that Murray has looked like a more traditional QB. He looked like a game manager vs an elite athlete just making plays. That 99 yard drive that ended in a McBride TD was a thing of beauty.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
From same article (Jason La Canfora - Washington Post):

You must be registered for see images attach

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Kyler the quarterback I hate reading that “the owner is ready to move on” as if he should be the final decision-maker on this.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These anonymous quote stories are stupid. First of all, why is any GM going around right now and discussing their draft strategy with people who work for other teams? Does that make any sense?

I think stories like these are more likely to be people who want to plant information for their own interests. Or, it's legitimately their opinion. But, it is just that, opinion.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Kyler the quarterback I hate reading that “the owner is ready to move on” as if he should be the final decision-maker on this.
The owner is always the final decision-maker on the star quarterback, or blowing a past investment to move forward.

It's worse when one gets the impression the owner is ready to move on because Kyler is too all-ball for him and doesn't understand that you have to shmooze the boosters even when you're a pro.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The owner is always the final decision-maker on the star quarterback, or blowing a past investment to move forward.

It's worse when one gets the impression the owner is ready to move on because Kyler is too all-ball for him and doesn't understand that you have to shmooze the boosters even when you're a pro.
Bo Callahan will be the son I never had

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully in the off-season, Kyler will look at working with a QB guru to help him with his footwork and throwing mechanics.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully in the off-season, Kyler will look at working with a QB guru to help him with his footwork and throwing mechanics.
Not just that. He needs to work on things to overcome his physical limitations. I sometimes think his dad just works on stuff any 6'2" QB would do.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
These anonymous quote stories are stupid. First of all, why is any GM going around right now and discussing their draft strategy with people who work for other teams? Does that make any sense?

I think stories like these are more likely to be people who want to plant information for their own interests. Or, it's legitimately their opinion. But, it is just that, opinion.

Kind of like sideline reporters. :)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Owner generally decides whether a GM can eat a cost or not. He doesn’t decide football matters as it relates between the lines or at least shouldn’t.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Owner generally decides whether a GM can eat a cost or not. He doesn’t decide football matters as it relates between the lines or at least shouldn’t.
I agree with shouldn't. But you don't think Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick had a conversation before trading Jimmy G? I think it was reported they had a lot of them.

Same with Stan Kronke before moving Goff for Stafford.

You don't have to be Jimmy Johnson to want to have some understanding of what's going on with your quarterback as an owner.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Hollywood can be a fine WR2 and would provide a good compliment to MHJ. Would not be disappointed at all in MHJ/Brown/McBride as the top pass catching trio. Get the heck rid of Rondale Moore though. Keep Dortch and add some journeymen. Draft a young stud RB. And we already have Pittman at home.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Hollywood can be a fine WR2 and would provide a good compliment to MHJ. Would not be disappointed at all in MHJ/Brown/McBride as the top pass catching trio. Get the heck rid of Rondale Moore though. Keep Dortch and add some journeymen. Draft a young stud RB. And we already have Pittman at home.

LOL! Pittman hasn't missed many games in his career.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the coaching staff wants to move on from KM, Michael will have to approve. If they want to stay with him MB would not overrule them in my opinion. He would be happy to hear it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake