Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just on the O we need a #1 WR, LG, LT, and #1 or #2 RB at the very least. That’s some big holes needing filled. IF we can fill those holes with some starting caliber players and fill the #1WR with a PB caliber player (MHJ) then you can evaluate KM better.
The above implies Kyler needs a Pro-Bowl level team to be evaluated.

When you’re laid 50 million per season, you’re supposed to elevate the talent around you, not need that to be the other way around.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s no secret really, like the fact that he is surrounded by poo. Of course he’s not gonna be playing at an elite level after a year off and in a new system surrounded by trash and getting little protection! But hey feel free to judge him like the other haters…
We're not looking for elite. We're looking for somewhere between competent and solid. 2 out of 3 games, he hasn't been that. Still some games to go, however. We shall see.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
lol… I think we found Humps number 1 fan if you think that screenshot meant something good about our most expensive OL
It means more than anything you’ve posted, yes. As I’ve said before Hump is the best option unless they draft another OT in the first round. Please, explain your solution for the tackle positions?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s no secret really, like the fact that he is surrounded by poo. Of course he’s not gonna be playing at an elite level after a year off and in a new system surrounded by trash and getting little protection! But hey feel free to judge him like the other haters…
I’m so sick of hearing this. Dobbs play 3 THREE games in two years prior to coming here. He was in many ways just as effective as Murray has been so far.
He’s had all year to study this offense. Dobbs 3 days of practice.
I didn’t expect Murray to take this offense and score 35 pts. a game. But I do expect him to not throw into triple coverage, make a rb dive to catch a 5 yard pass and consistently under throw deep balls.
Next week is game 4. Dobbs after lighting up the Giants in a loss beat the Cowboys in his 3rd game. With the same crap offensive line and lack of weapons.
He needs to start doing the thing deemed “easy” for a competent NFL QB. Until then he is going to have detractors.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
It’s a performance based business. I notice you downvote anything negative relating to Murray. Murray stans are cousins to Ayton stans. There will always be blame placed elsewhere, but their preferred player will never own any of the blame themselves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a performance based business. I notice you downvote anything negative relating to Murray. Murray stans are cousins to Ayton stans. There will always be blame placed elsewhere, but their preferred player will never own any of the blame themselves.
Made this comparison a while ago. There’s a ton of crossover there too. It took the Ayton fans forever to finally see who he really was after laughing and bashing fans who could see it from early on. Some people just don’t see or hear the train coming on tracks until it runs over them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just on the O we need a #1 WR, LG, LT, and #1 or #2 RB at the very least. That’s some big holes needing filled. IF we can fill those holes with some starting caliber players and fill the #1WR with a PB caliber player (MHJ) then you can evaluate KM better.
This is wrong. There is enough talent on the offense to evaluate Kyler. Kyler is as much of the issue as Brown. He throws late which causes pass breakups and contested catches. He can't throw in rhythm so every mistake theline makes is magnified.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever not even remotely comparable Ayton was surrounded by talent and quality coaching and just simply didn’t put the effort into being what he could be, entirely different situations! Like I said I hope he freaking leaves and the Cards get stuck with some trash at QB since ungrateful fans in AZ don’t want to forget the trash Kingsbury years, where Murray was treated to subpar college coaching at best… And still did more than a lot of Cards past QBs. When people say Arizona sports fans suck I don’t even argue with them because a majority of them do. 3 games in after a year out with injury fans are wishing injury on him again and saying how bad he sucks lol it’s ridiculous.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, Murray is going to be criticized based on the amount of money we’re forking over to have him occupy a roster spot. Elite quarterbacks are supposed to elevate the team around them. After 3 games can we say that’s what Murray has done so far?
No absolutely not, but it’s 3 freaking games and people are expecting elite it’s beyond absurd. Surrounded by trash, protected by trash, but supposed to be elite got it….

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray, another vet, a high draft pick rookie.... I think nobody succeeds with this steaming pile of crap we have at skill positions and the interior line. We have a TE, a RT and a number 2 WR. The rest is garbage.

I also have next to no confidence that if we got Williams or Maye we have people in place who can develop them.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Whatever not even remotely comparable Ayton was surrounded by talent and quality coaching and just simply didn’t put the effort into being what he could be, entirely different situations! Like I said I hope he freaking leaves and the Cards get stuck with some trash at QB since ungrateful fans in AZ don’t want to forget the trash Kingsbury years, where Murray was treated to subpar college coaching at best… And still did more than a lot of Cards past QBs. When people say Arizona sports fans suck I don’t even argue with them because a majority of them do. 3 games in after a year out with injury fans are wishing injury on him again and saying how bad he sucks lol it’s ridiculous.
Ungrateful fans? Dude, do you know what our all time winning percentage is as a franchise? We’ve always sucked with a couple outliers once a decade. Fans are tired of losing. I have little time to waste on a Quarterback who is getting paid elite QB money and providing mid tier at best performance. It’s nothing personal but your boy has sucked the past two games with the same old bad habits carrying over from the previous regime. We have every right to be pissed off and critical.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ungrateful fans? Dude, do you know what our all time winning percentage is as a franchise? We’ve always sucked with a couple outliers once a decade. Fans are tired of losing. I have little time to waste on a Quarterback who is getting paid elite QB money and providing mid tier at best performance. It’s nothing personal but your boy has sucked the past two games with the same old bad habits carrying over from the previous regime. We have every right to be pissed off and critical.
Omg he’s had two games where he didn’t look great on a new team not playing for a year oh mom the sky is falling whatever will we do. Yeah let’s draft a rookie QB and throw him back there with all this trash that will fix it right? Fans are dumb and want the flavor of the moment the same people that think Dobbs is all of sudden gonna become something after 7 years of nothing. But yeah let’s trade away our pro bowl QB because he can’t elevate a team full of trash, or apparently even stop the other team from scoring at will. Yes it’s all Murray’s fault ship his ass out of town…

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is wrong. There is enough talent on the offense to evaluate Kyler. Kyler is as much of the issue as Brown. He throws late which causes pass breakups and contested catches. He can't throw in rhythm so every mistake theline makes is magnified.
In my opinion, Murray plays scared. He gets happy feet in the pocket. He feels pressure that isn't there, and stares at the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes up field. Any pressure at all and his mechanics fall apart causing him to misfire even the easiest of throws.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, Murray plays scared. He gets happy feet in the pocket. He feels pressure that isn't there, and stares at the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes up field. Any pressure at all and his mechanics fall apart causing him to misfire even the easiest of throws.
I so agree with you. There was one play today when Kyler threw into triple coverage to Dortch. The d-back broke on the ball as Kyler was winding up to throw. Obviously late. Throwing off his back foot half the time, missing receivers badly and seemed truly confuse sometimes. Not something I would expect from him at this point in his career.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve Sax/Chuck Knoblaunch syndrome

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This isn’t some study habit conspiracy theory, Kyler just might not be physically capable of having a long NFL career. Not his fault someone drafted him so high and gave him all that money when not many others in the game would have.
It’s not his fault. But I’m a Cardinals fan, not a Kyler Murray fan. Kyler certainly seems a lot more like Davis Mills than CJ Stroud in this one.

Dobbs had the Cards leading the Rams 9-6 at halftime at SoFi. OOF.

Some of the ducks Kyler is throwing out there are inexplicable. The deep ball to Hollywood was basically end-over-end.

Kyler is probably broken. He’s not a rhythm passer, and I don’t think he’s that interested in becoming one.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. One play today he ducked down, then looked to his left then right while dancing and nobody was close enough to touch him. Eventually dragged down but he never looked downfield. The opposite of a guy like Warner who would hang in looking for his receiver even with the pocket collapsing.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching whatever that was today I am being called ungrateful? A glutton for punishment maybe or a total sap possibly but ungrateful? Hardly.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
There is nothing to support this as of now. The offense has enough talent on it to support a decent offense. Kyler looks no better than Dobbs in it. Can't excuse that away.
No, the reason he looks no better than Dobbs in the Cardinals offense is because they don’t have a good Oline or receivers. That’s why Dobbs is winning games in Minnesota.