Is Jaylen Hurts' success concerning?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hurts at it again. Also, realizing I screwed up his first name. Very unlike me.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want him? Latest air raid system phenom

P S. It is Kansas and this ain't basketball.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hurts returns to the big stage next week in the Cotton Bowl.

Half the stadium in burnt orange, the other half wearing half crimson and cream. 92k screaming lunatics watching the best rivalry game in sports. We're going to see what Jalen is really made of.

But Ehlinger will have murder in his eyes on Saturday. He is Mr. Longhorn, and he doesn't want to end his college career 1-3 vs. the Sooners (pending a potential match up in the CCG). He's the most underrated college QB in America right now, and I hate how he's flying under the radar going into the RRR game.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You want him? Latest air raid system phenom

P S. It is Kansas and this ain't basketball.
Do I want him? No. Do I worry that Oklahoma is running one of the most quarterback friendly offenses of all time, and we might have blown our wad on someone who can't function optimally outside of it? Yeah.

The more I watch Baker Mayfield have marginal games, the more I watch our QB fail to put up touchdowns, and the more I watch Hurts outperform them both in the same offense, the more concerned I get.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hurts returns to the big stage next week in the Cotton Bowl.

Half the stadium in burnt orange, the other half wearing half crimson and cream. 92k screaming lunatics watching the best rivalry game in sports. We're going to see what Jalen is really made of.

But Ehlinger will have murder in his eyes on Saturday. He is Mr. Longhorn, and he doesn't want to end his college career 1-3 vs. the Sooners (pending a potential match up in the CCG). He's the most underrated college QB in America right now, and I hate how he's flying under the radar going into the RRR game.

He's not Mr. Longhorn, or even remotely Mr. Young... but I appreciate your enthusiasm lol
You must be registered for see images attach

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
16/24 (67%), 2 TDs, 1 INT, 92 QBR against Kansas. Kansas! Yikes. Feeling better about Kyler after that stinker by Hurts.

On a serious note, no, what Hurts is doing does not impact what I think of Kyler.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just goes to show how awesome a QB can be if he has a OL that gives him time. Put Hurts on a team with a crap OL and see if they are talking about him like they are now.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do I want him? No. Do I worry that Oklahoma is running one of the most quarterback friendly offenses of all time, and we might have blown our wad on someone who can't function optimally outside of it? Yeah.

The more I watch Baker Mayfield have marginal games, the more I watch our QB fail to put up touchdowns, and the more I watch Hurts outperform them both in the same offense, the more concerned I get.
:grabs:
:)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think this is a legit question. Oklahoma runs a good college offense with superior athletes. Every QB has played phenomenally in it. Does it translate to the NFL? Jury is still very much out on that one.

Jalen Hurts couldn't throw the ball at all while at Bama but he was playing against SEC caliber defenses. Many are on the Joe Burrow bandwagon from LSU. He's looked great but let's see what he does in the coming weeks against Florida and Bama.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is a legit question. Oklahoma runs a good college offense with superior athletes. Every QB has played phenomenally in it. Does it translate to the NFL? Jury is still very much out on that one.

Jalen Hurts couldn't throw the ball at all while at Bama but he was playing against SEC caliber defenses. Many are on the Joe Burrow bandwagon from LSU. He's looked great but let's see what he does in the coming weeks against Florida and Bama.
You can say this for Ohio State as well.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score

Couldn’t throw the ball at all at Alabama? As a freshman and sophomore he threw for almost 5,000 yards with 40 TDs and 10 INTs. What does throwing the ball look like as a fresh/soph against SEC defenses?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t throw the ball at all at Alabama? As a freshman and sophomore he threw for almost 5,000 yards with 40 TDs and 10 INTs. What does throwing the ball look like as a fresh/soph against SEC defenses?
Meh.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

How many of those were against inferior or FCS teams? He wasn’t not a great thrower of the ball againsy SEC teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
How many of those were against inferior or FCS teams? He wasn’t not a great thrower of the ball againsy SEC teams.

So kind of like Kansas and the other teams he has played so far? And he was younger at Alabama. And most of those stats are against SEC teams. Not sure what you are trying to say in the second sentence.

Anyways, I would judge Kyler on what he is doing in the NFL, and not worry about what Hurts is doing.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

So kind of like Kansas and the other teams he has played so far? And he was younger at Alabama. And most of those stats are against SEC teams. Not sure what you are trying to say in the second sentence.

Anyways, I would judge Kyler on what he is doing in the NFL, and not worry about what Hurts is doing.[/QUOTE]

That’s the whole point lol jaylen isn’t that good and he’s throwing up crazy numbers because he’s playing bad teams in a scheme designed to throw up huge offensive numbers. The point is at Alabama in the big games against Auburn, Florida and Georgia he couldn’t move the ball through the air.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Just to point it out in 2017 which was his best year he averaged 18 pass attempts per game for 149 yards per game. His passing numbers were real bad. He had one game where he threw 3TDs and it was against Mercer.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saban does not develop NFL qbs, yet somehow he attracts every top rated 5* high school QB. Go figure.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Just to point it out in 2017 which was his best year he averaged 18 pass attempts per game for 149 yards per game. His passing numbers were real bad. He had one game where he threw 3TDs and it was against Mercer.

Yet Oklahoma, one of the best programs in the nation, wanted him as their QB. Interesting.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yet Oklahoma, one of the best programs in the nation, wanted him as their QB. Interesting.

If you follow college football you know Oklahoma doesn’t recruit QB. They pick up a kid in the transfer portal and know they can turn him into a star with their scheme. KK is no Lincoln Riley he could/can not do the same thing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If you follow college football you know Oklahoma doesn’t recruit QB. They pick up a kid in the transfer portal and know they can turn him into a star with their scheme. KK is no Lincoln Riley he could/can not do the same thing.

Oklahoma doesn't recruit QB? Come on man. We've got five star kids lined up around the block waiting to play for Riley.

Don't make me go find all the info about Spencer Rattler, and the guys in the 2020 class.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Oklahoma doesn't recruit QB? Come on man. We've got five star kids lined up around the block waiting to play for Riley.

Don't make me go find all the info about Spencer Rattler, and the guys in the 2020 class.

Spencer Rattler is an Arizona kid, super highly recruited. He does have a point though--the last 3 QBs who have had massive success at Oklahoma have been transfers--Mayfield--Murray and now Hurts--but it also ignores the fact he doesn't shy from recruiting highly sought after HS QBs.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Spencer Rattler is an Arizona kid, super highly recruited. He does have a point though--the last 3 QBs who have had massive success at Oklahoma have been transfers--Mayfield--Murray and now Hurts--but it also ignores the fact he doesn't shy from recruiting highly sought after HS QBs.
Jaylen and Kyler were very highly recruited. Yes, they transferred, but they were 4/5 star recruits.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose