Is Jaylen Hurts' success concerning?

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
If you follow college football you know Oklahoma doesn’t recruit QB. They pick up a kid in the transfer portal and know they can turn him into a star with their scheme. KK is no Lincoln Riley he could/can not do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. Why didn’t he pick someone else from the transfer pool then? Why not just go with the QBs he already had on the roster? I like that in your mind Lincoln Riley targets kids who can’t throw.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
LOL. Why didn’t he pick someone else from the transfer pool then? Why not just go with the QBs he already had on the roster? I like that in your mind Lincoln Riley targets kids who can’t throw.

He picks guys who are highly touted and either were in a bad situation or sees that they can thrive in his scheme. If you asked jaylen hurts to run an offense like bama or most NFL teams he would be pedestrian at best just like he was at bama.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you follow college football you know Oklahoma doesn’t recruit QB. They pick up a kid in the transfer portal and know they can turn him into a star with their scheme. KK is no Lincoln Riley he could/can not do the same thing.

They got Spencer Rattler.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had more rushing attempts than completions. Impressive runner. Passing stats were good, not great. Not sure what the purpose of this thread is.
Gotta strengthen his Anti-Kyler agenda at all costs.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Had more rushing attempts than completions. Impressive runner. Passing stats were good, not great. Not sure what the purpose of this thread is.
The purpose, as we watch Baker Mayfield struggle in the NFL, and Kyler play respectably but not "great," is that we might have invested a ton into a guy who was the beneficiary of a system that can make anyone look great.

We're talking about three consecutive guys who got ran out of town from other schools and might potentially not be objectively as great as their time at Oklahoma seemed to show.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
The purpose, as we watch Baker Mayfield struggle in the NFL, and Kyler play respectably but not "great," is that we might have invested a ton into a guy who was the beneficiary of a system that can make anyone look great.

We're talking about three consecutive guys who got ran out of town from other schools and might potentially not be objectively as great as their time at Oklahoma seemed to show.
I’d focus more on how he plays in the NFL.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’d focus more on how he plays in the NFL.
It's an overall indictment of Keim's ability to be a good talent evaluator, or Michael Bidwill's direction of the franchise.

It's my personal opinion that SK and MB got way too envious of the Rams' success and Browns' offseason hype, and actively sought out their own Sean McVay and Baker Mayfield even if it wasn't the best available coach or player.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah Jalen looking fairly pedestrian as a passer today.

He's probably a bigger running threat than Murray, because he can get yards in traffic that Murray is unable (or unwilling) to get.

But his accuracy, decision making, and ball velocity, are all a notch below Kyler's.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the original question.... "no"

Do you even watch football?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Name one qb taken in the last 2 yrs besides Lamar who youd rather have than Kyler....easy answer ...none

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
None but I take Murray instead of Lamar every day and night

Lamar is a very good player.

But in the NFL, when it's 3rd and 10, you need a QB that can fire a 12-yard rocket into a small window. That's more K1 than Jackson. IMO, by a fair amount.

K1 is a very effective runner at the pro level. But I would have never, ever, voted that we take him #1 if he wasn't also the best pure QB that I've ever seen play at the college level (Tua is right there with him).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose