Is it confirmed (DirecTV)

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just checked. My address isn't eligible. This is not an option for most people. Thanks anyway.

Exactly. This is my understanding as well. If your house is in an area that is able to get DirecTV, then the only way you could stream is if you had DirecTV satellite service.
The only way you can get it otherwise, is to be in an area or apartment that makes it unavailable to have a sat dish or clear line of sight for signal.
Those people saying it is available are stretching the truth. For most it is not.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a letter from direct tv
Free Sunday ticket max for everyone

I have never purchased Sunday ticket before so I am very excited at the prospect of seeing every game

yay direct tv!!!

can you copy and paste the letter for us?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm about ready to drop them as soon as this months watching is up. Looking around now for other options.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knowing how the death star operates...... We are getting screwed somewhere.
Pleasant surprise after quitting DIRECTV. My local NJ cable company (Comcast/Xfinity) has a direct menu-link to You Tube, and I was able to use my remote to click directly onto the COX Training Camp Specials, Cardinal Underground etc.

I was bummed out about losing DirecTV Sunday Ticket (Trees vs. Dish: Tree growth won) but IMHO, the Cox programs do a better job of filling in missing Cardinal roster info and providing visual content than do the various available Internet sources.

Now, if we could get the NFL to cut the Sunday Ticket cord with AT&T...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Pleasant surprise after quitting DIRECTV. My local NJ cable company (Comcast/Xfinity) has a direct menu-link to You Tube, and I was able to use my remote to click directly onto the COX Training Camp Specials, Cardinal Underground etc.

I was bummed out about losing DirecTV Sunday Ticket (Trees vs. Dish: Tree growth won) but IMHO, the Cox programs do a better job of filling in missing Cardinal roster info and providing visual content than do the various available Internet sources.

Now, if we could get the NFL to cut the Sunday Ticket cord with AT&T...
Agreed. If the NFL had a direct 4k feed of the broadcasts online I would drop the dish immediately. Even DirecTV's sunday ticket apps and online experience suck. It's truly a disgrace for a company once considered an innovator.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Agreed. If the NFL had a direct 4k feed of the broadcasts online I would drop the dish immediately. Even DirecTV's sunday ticket apps and online experience suck. It's truly a disgrace for a company once considered an innovator.

I hear AT&T is looking to sell DirecTV as it hasn't worked out they way they expected. If it wasn't for the NFL package DirecTV would probably already be dead in the water.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not completely on topic but FYI Youtube TV has made a deal, and now has the NFL channel and NFL redzone available for an additional 10.99 a month.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish I could stream the Sunday Ticket.....we watch NFL redzone, but Scott Hanson is unbearable. Plus, half the time they show replays of scores you missed or replays of a play that happened earlier in the drive....Might as well call it the ReplayZone!!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not completely on topic but FYI Youtube TV has made a deal, and now has the NFL channel and NFL redzone available for an additional 10.99 a month.

I've been buying the same type of deal from Verizon. You can only watch on your cell phone though. Can't cast it. 2 years ago it was only $1.99 a month. Last year I think it went up to $5 if memory serves. I've got Directv so I have NFL channel but dumped Sunday Ticket last year.

I put Redzone on my phone, NFL on my tablet, whatever is on the local channel and read the game day thread here all at the same time... btw, game day threads are an abomination and your brain hurts from reading it..lol. Lots of times someone here posts a link to a site that's reputable and I can usually stream it for free courtesy of a poster.

Diverdan

Reaction score
Been following the NFL since 1968. I hated doing this but I called Directv and cancelled the ticket. Been with them since 1998. I don’t care to watch accused felons names on the back of helmets or BLM stenciled in the end zone. Hurts but I’ll find something else to do.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been following the NFL since 1968. I hated doing this but I called Directv and cancelled the ticket. Been with them since 1998. I don’t care to watch accused felons names on the back of helmets or BLM stenciled in the end zone. Hurts but I’ll find something else to do.

I guess only black lives matter when they are trying to help your team win a SuperBowl, but only if they don't talk about it? Don't let the door hit ya.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buh-bye now...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
11 years on the site and only 14 posts? I would encourage you to let some time pass before making an ultimate decision.

god speed.

Diverdan

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
11 years on the site and only 14 posts? I would encourage you to let some time pass before making an ultimate decision.

god speed.

Dr. Jones

I have given it a lot of thought. The kicker was seeing Drew Brees and the other players taping the name of an accused rapist on the front of their helmets. This is lunacy.
I have enjoyed reading this board over the years, even if I posted infrequently. I wanted to express my sadness and not start a political discussion. Sports have always been a diversionary hobby for me. It is no longer that as a misguided movement is ruining sports for many Americans. I’m not the only one. The Directv retention Person told me people were cancelling in droves.

God speed to you as well-

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You don’t deserve to be entertained by these guys anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be the dumbest post I've ever read. Congrats.

says the guy who think Black athletes need to PAY for equal rights. Hell... you think they need to pay just to TALK about getting equal rights.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
says the guy who think Black athletes need to PAY for equal rights. Hell... you think they need to pay just to TALK about getting equal rights.

So you're clearly responding to an earlier post of mine where I mistakenly believed the players were still getting paid if they boycotted game 1, which would have been ridiculous because they are paid to play, not boycott. Let me know if you disagree. Kudos to you though for twisting my words to mean that I think black athletes have to pay for equal treatment, which is not at all what I said. But whatever furthers the narrative, I guess. Clearly, you're time spent watching MSNBC has paid great dividends.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Back to the topic, is Sunday ticket free this year?
Do I have to call?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to the topic, is Sunday ticket free this year?
Do I have to call?

It’s definitely not free I called to ask them to take me up monthly payments so I could do a lump sum and they didn’t mention poo about it being free just set me up for the lump sum