Is it confirmed (DirecTV)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I ditched DTV 3 years ago and haven't looked back, I stream everything including Sunday Ticket and the college football package
I just got so irritated calling and calling and calling , by the way AT&T may be selling DTV which would be great since they are horrible, that's another reason I ditched em

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I had DirecTV for about 15 years and used to play the retention call song and dance. Finally got tired of it and having subpar equipment. They would never upgrade me.
Finally cut the cord early last year. First year with no Sunday Ticket. We just have firestick/roku. Mainly Sling TV, Prime and Disney+. Over the air antenna.
I did miss Sunday Ticket last year but I had Redzone/NFL Network and Pac-12 Network (which I could never get with DTV).
I just hope that Sunday Ticket gets brought into one of these other platforms one of these days. If it's available for streaming only, I would be interested.
You can just stream it, I’ve been doing it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can just stream it, I’ve been doing it for years.

For some reason I was always under the impression you had to have DirecTV satellite service in order to steam content. Sunday ticket is the only real reason I kept DTV all the years. I'll have to look into it.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For some reason I was always under the impression you had to have DirecTV satellite service in order to steam content. Sunday ticket is the only real reason I kept DTV all the years. I'll have to look into it.
How are you getting pac 12 network? From what I've seen sling, YouTube nor Hulu have it.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ditched DTV 3 years ago and haven't looked back, I stream everything including Sunday Ticket and the college football package
I just got so irritated calling and calling and calling , by the way AT&T may be selling DTV which would be great since they are horrible, that's another reason I ditched em
Me too

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ditched 'em too. Will probably listen to non-NYC aired games on SIRIUS (I'm still clueless when it comes to streaming, guerilla Internet channels etc.)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to love DirectTV.

I move around for work and my new spot they won’t let me have a dish. Ok fine I suspended my account till October this was in Jan. It’s June and I still keep getting billed. I get the bill call they give me a run around for an hour or so then it goes away and repeat. It’s really starting to piss me off on some next level type stuff.

The NFL needs to take a look at what the NBA is doing. The NBA app has everything you could ever want. You want League Pass you can get it, but if you just want all the Suns games you can choose that option to. It’s awesome

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
I've been on DTV since 1998. I'll pay or sometimes I get a special. I don't play the complaint game because I make the $$ to buy the things I need.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic but I have DirecTV as well and they (AT&T) are always emailing me that I can watch free movies on DirecTv channel 1000.

The trouble is, I do not have a channel 1000, at least that I know about.

Does anyone know what they are talking about?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A bit off topic but I have DirecTV as well and they (AT&T) are always emailing me that I can watch free movies on DirecTv channel 1000.

The trouble is, I do not have a channel 1000, at least that I know about.

Does anyone know what they are talking about?
I thought it stops at 999? Lol
That's rather odd.
Maybe they added it?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it stops at 999? Lol
That's rather odd.
Maybe they added it?

If channel 1000 is out there I can't find it. I even went through the DirecTV schedule online and through the receiver.

Yet they keep emailing me about it. o_O

Edit: Checked again. It's apparently only available by streaming and called HBO Max.

So they want me to stream. Seems contradictory. If I switch to streaming, why do I need them anymore?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cancelled my Direct TV yesterday. They didn't even mention this so I wouldn't count on it.
I canceled mine a couple of weeks ago (possibly creating a phenominon called the "Sanders & Gollin Curse).

My reason for cancelling had nothing to do with price, service or technology - Instead, Mother Nature caught up with me. i live in a wooded area, and tree-growrh killed the satellite signal. (It was either cut down trees or lose the signal. The trees won).

Looks like I'll have to get my non-broadcast "live" Cardinal coverage online via SIRIUS.​

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
HBO Max is free with DirecTV. If you subscribe to HBO that is. You also get Showtime Anytime, and all the other paid for premium channels streaming channels if you have them in your DirecTV package.

Also..... Many channels have a streaming version of that channel on your Roku, AppleTV or FireTV. FX, Starz, AMC, ESPN, HGTV, CW, etc. Some parts of those channels will have commercials though so be aware. And some will have limited or zero commercials if it is part of your subscription on DirecTV.

P.S. HBO Max is a Cine-file's wet dream. I have never seen such an amazing movie portfolio since I got rid of my Criterion channel subscription. Truly an immense portfolio of new, recent, & classic movies from all generations & genres.

Part 2:
Most channels have an On Demand version of that channel in the 1000's IF your DVR is connected to the internet. I have always found it to be slow even though my internet connection is basically lightning, so I blame that on the DVR interface personally.

With that being said there are some free movies up in some of those areas, but I have never really dove in.

For example, Channel 501 is HBO. Channel 545 is Showtime. Channel 1501 and 1545 are the On Demand channels for both.

FX, Starz, HBO, Showtime, AMC, HGTV, and many more all have On Demand Channels in the 1000's.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO Max is free with DirecTV. If you subscribe to HBO that is. You also get Showtime Anytime, and all the other paid for premium channels streaming channels if you have them in your DirecTV package.

Also..... Many channels have a streaming version of that channel on your Roku, AppleTV or FireTV. FX, Starz, AMC, ESPN, HGTV, CW, etc. Some parts of those channels will have commercials though so be aware. And some will have limited or zero commercials if it is part of your subscription on DirecTV.

P.S. HBO Max is a Cine-file's wet dream. I have never seen such an amazing movie portfolio since I got rid of my Criterion channel subscription. Truly an immense portfolio of new, recent, & classic movies from all generations & genres.

Part 2:
Most channels have an On Demand version of that channel in the 1000's IF your DVR is connected to the internet. I have always found it to be slow even though my internet connection is basically lightning, so I blame that on the DVR interface personally.

With that being said there are some free movies up in some of those areas, but I have never really dove in.

For example, Channel 501 is HBO. Channel 545 is Showtime. Channel 1501 and 1545 are the On Demand channels for both.

FX, Starz, HBO, Showtime, AMC, HGTV, and many more all have On Demand Channels in the 1000's.

I appreciate the breakdown. It sounds like free is only free if one buys something.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I can't wait for the NFL to go a different route. Praying one day we'll just be able to stream the Sunday Ticket so I can get rid of DirecTV once and for all. Absolutely the worst customer service, ever. Especially since AT&T acquired it.
You can already stream the Sunday ticket without being a directv user.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You can already stream the Sunday ticket without being a directv user.

In real time?
In 4k?

I don't those are options yet. NFL Gamepass allows you to watch stuff at a later time but that's all I have seen.

My personal preference:
NFL Sunday Ticket via the NFL App or a new dedicated app.
4k broadcasts.
Shortcuts available the next day
All 22 film available quickly as well
On Gameday all games live with redzone and fantasy.

Also they should be able to give us the 4k versions of prime-time games so we don't have to rely on our cable subscriber.

I'd pay a crapload per year for that.

Can you imagine how many people would also subscribe if they offered specific team, division, or conference options? I bet that there are a few million out there who would be all over it. Hell, it could be as big if not bigger than Disney+ IMO. Especially if they add their old games to the catalog. This could be a game changing thing if done right.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
How's that?
I’ve been doing it for about 5 years now you sign up and pay for the season and you just download the Sunday ticket app on your fire tv Roku or Xbox. The website is nflsundayticket.tv. It’s through directv but you don’t need to be a customer for the streaming service. All games stream in high def with no buffering. I don’t even think the network games are broadcast in 4K yet. It’s the same quality as watching Netflix.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I’ve been doing it for about 5 years now you sign up and pay for the season and you just download the Sunday ticket app on your fire tv Roku or Xbox. The website is nflsundayticket.tv. It’s through directv but you don’t need to be a customer for the streaming service. All games stream in high def with no buffering. I don’t even think the network games are broadcast in 4K yet. It’s the same quality as watching Netflix.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I thought that was only possibe in areas where DirecTV is unavailable. If this works for me, I'll owe you a beer.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

Just checked. My address isn't eligible. This is not an option for most people. Thanks anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone subscribing to Dish? They keep sending me credit card offers for $400. to sign up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA