Is it confirmed (DirecTV)

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by oaken1, May 21, 2020.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Cool. Things change so quickly. Looked like YouTube TV was on top for awhile. IIRC, some streaming sites had dropped dropped FSAZ over a contract dispute.

2. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

The only thing I miss with Hulu Live is NFL Network but it's not worth $1000.

3. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Yeah I would have put up with Direct TV if I lost both NFL Network and FSAZ.

I watch about every Suns and DBacks game

Mainstreet likes this.
  4. phillycard

phillycard Registered

Me and you both fam. I've had it since 2007. They have me and my wife over a barrel because she's a Bucs fan.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  5. phillycard

phillycard Registered

Ducks?? Who's your b-ball and baseball team Solar?

6. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Basketball: Suns
    Baseball: (loosely) Angels

I didn't pick my teams to be regionally relevant to Vegas, but kinda ended up splitting the difference.

My dad told me to pick one team and always stick with them as a kid, and when the Cardinals moved to AZ, I was living in Tucson with my dad based down there in the Air Force. Kinda adopted the Suns not too long after given the ties. I was well out of AZ before the D-Backs began playing.

My mom's from LA and the Disney marketing probably got to me, explaining the other two.

phillycard likes this.
  7. MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey Thank You Paul!

I got the letter about free Sunday Ticket Max.

I always call and negotiate, so this saves that call.

However, I had a credit from my negotiation last August that was supposed to run all year drop off my bill..... So I'm going to have to call them anyway.....

8. CFLredzoned

CFLredzoned Registered

I finally ditched them after 10+ years. I don't even care if they give me free Sunday Ticket. My bill went up to $165 after the 1 year move-in price. And that's pretty much just basic cable on two TVs. So I decided to stop the bleeding once and for all.

Of course they might ding me $20/month for early cancellation. When I cancelled, I selected the "moving" option, then gave them a story about losing my job and moving back in with my parents. I'll see what happens there.

I'm loving Sling though on a Roku stick. I can't believe I didn't do this a long time ago. $30/month for most of the cable channels with NFL Network. Another $15 for ESPN, which I decided I can live without for now. Another $5 for the Science Channel, which I wouldn't be able to live without. And $5 more for DVR. $40 for everything I really need. The big gotcha is that you don't get the network channels. But I can live without them too. If you watch alot of documentaries, this is really great.

For the Cardinal games, I'm going to take my chances on the NFL Game Pass for $99, hoping they actually post the games on time after the 4:00 games end. As far as the live buffering issue, there's a workaround I tested that worked really well on a random past game. If you login to your account from a desktop computer, you can dowload the game as an MP4 file using Video Download Helper in Firefox, then take the file wherever you want. I have a fast internet connection, so a full game took about 20 minutes to download in 720P. The shortened, no commentary version took about 10 minutes. I was shocked that the NFL didn't close that loophole on their site, because they could block those types of downloads if they wanted.

9. azcardsfan1616

azcardsfan1616 Fist Pumping With Arians

I’ve done the streaming Sunday ticket option it works great. I use it on my firestick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC likes this.
  10. DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan Registered User

Unfurtanetely you gotta call and get bill lower all the time, ita just how they do it. I call and call, you get 800 dollar credits Free Sunday ticket, call and get to retention. Not Philippines

11. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I haven’t gotten the letter!!!

12. POISON

POISON Formerly known as Okieguy

Me either. I've had the ticket since the 1st day, in 1994

13. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Knew it was bound to happen.

Trees finally blocked satellite signal and I dropped DirecTV last week.

14. SoCal Cardfan

SoCal Cardfan Registered

I've mentioned it in least a dozen other threads...

I have had DTV since day one, I haven't paid for Sunday ticket in almost a decade.

Just keep calling customer retention until you get someone who is not an A-hole, I can usually tell if I have the right person on the line, by the tone of their first sentence.

15. BurqueCardFan

BurqueCardFan Registered

I had DirecTV for about 15 years and used to play the retention call song and dance. Finally got tired of it and having subpar equipment. They would never upgrade me.
    Finally cut the cord early last year. First year with no Sunday Ticket. We just have firestick/roku. Mainly Sling TV, Prime and Disney+. Over the air antenna.
    I did miss Sunday Ticket last year but I had Redzone/NFL Network and Pac-12 Network (which I could never get with DTV).
    I just hope that Sunday Ticket gets brought into one of these other platforms one of these days. If it's available for streaming only, I would be interested.