Is it confirmed (DirecTV)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're clearly responding to an earlier post of mine where I mistakenly believed the players were still getting paid if they boycotted game 1, which would have been ridiculous because they are paid to play, not boycott. Let me know if you disagree. Kudos to you though for twisting my words to mean that I think black athletes have to pay for equal treatment, which is not at all what I said. But whatever furthers the narrative, I guess. Clearly, you're time spent watching MSNBC has paid great dividends.
This was suppposed to be a DirecTV thread. There are two other threads "above the line" for posting social-political content.

I realize expressing views on hot non-football topics is awfully tempting and hard to resist, but please try to operate within the guidelines. (The issue is important, but referring back to it on a FB thread 24/7 is a bit unrelenting).

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with you. I would think/hope the mods would come in here and clean it up. Get rid of the offending posts. But, that is just my opinion.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don’t fall for this scam. I got a call from direct/att offering me 50% of my bill for 2 years, free premium channels, and free Sunday ticket for 2 years.
Only catch was they wanted me to pay for the first 6 months today.

I may have been born at night, but it wasn’t last night. Told them I’d get back to them. Called actual Directv. It’s a scam.

You’d think a con artist would at least give a realistic offer. When they threw in the 2 years of free Sunday ticket, I knew it was a hoax.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t fall for this scam. I got a call from direct/att offering me 50% of my bill for 2 years, free premium channels, and free Sunday ticket for 2 years.
Only catch was they wanted me to pay for the first 6 months today.

I may have been born at night, but it wasn’t last night. Told them I’d get back to them. Called actual Directv. It’s a scam.

You’d think a con artist would at least give a realistic offer. When they threw in the 2 years of free Sunday ticket, I knew it was a hoax.

I got that call as well. They said it was for a Gift Card something or other and that I had to use a promo code and had to go buy this "Gift Cards" within the next two hours. Hung up on them and wife called DTV and confirmed it was a scam.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So you're clearly responding to an earlier post of mine where I mistakenly believed the players were still getting paid if they boycotted game 1, which would have been ridiculous because they are paid to play, not boycott. Let me know if you disagree. Kudos to you though for twisting my words to mean that I think black athletes have to pay for equal treatment, which is not at all what I said. But whatever furthers the narrative, I guess. Clearly, you're time spent watching MSNBC has paid great dividends.
Actually, when you say the players be should spending their earned salary to further causes like equal rights that’s EXACTLY what you’re saying.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
just got another letter from direct tv confirming I get nfl sunday ticket max for the 2020 season for free.... this letter is like a post card.. been watching all the games...

maybe it has to do with what package I have? but it has never said anything about that...just "thanks for being a direct tv customer"

those of you with directv should check the sunday ticket channels on game day, cant hurt

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I got billed the $69 on my recent statement so obviously your lucky as fudge lol
just got another letter from direct tv confirming I get nfl sunday ticket max for the 2020 season for free.... this letter is like a post card.. been watching all the games...

maybe it has to do with what package I have? but it has never said anything about that...just "thanks for being a direct tv customer"

those of you with directv should check the sunday ticket channels on game day, cant hurt

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I canceled it before 2019 season and I clicked over just for the heck of it and lo and behold the game was on. What was weird was I had flipped back and forth between the game and Redzone but with about 2 min left it gave me some message about not available in my area even though the audio was on, just no picture... huh? I dunno, I watched most of it for free though.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm just curious if there's any chord cutters/streamers in here that are like me that uses an APK with provided m3u links from a provider....if you get my drift LOL

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm just curious if there's any chord cutters/streamers in here that are like me that uses an APK with provided m3u links from a provider....if you get my drift LOL

No...I'm actually on my 3rd season of Sunday Ticket on my ROKU...You just pay for the 4 months of Sunday Ticket Mobile and I can stream across multiple devices...I don't do the MAX, because I'm not the type to go back and rewatch or get into the different camera angles...but it's always an option

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Exactly. This is my understanding as well. If your house is in an area that is able to get DirecTV, then the only way you could stream is if you had DirecTV satellite service.
The only way you can get it otherwise, is to be in an area or apartment that makes it unavailable to have a sat dish or clear line of sight for signal.
Those people saying it is available are stretching the truth. For most it is not.

My house is in a DTV area, but I don't have DTV and stream Sunday Ticket...Never been an issue for eligibility. We used to have DISH, years ago.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
No...I'm actually on my 3rd season of Sunday Ticket on my ROKU...You just pay for the 4 months of Sunday Ticket Mobile and I can stream across multiple devices...I don't do the MAX, because I'm not the type to go back and rewatch or get into the different camera angles...but it's always an option
Oh nice, I'm on the Nvidia Shield with a slightly different setup lol

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
855 235 3982

This is a customer service # that connects you to true DTV customer service group that worked for DTV back before ATT.

They are nice and helpful and appreciate customer loyalty.

I'm getting NFL Ticket, redzone, fantasy zone and HBO for free.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Had ST Max since its inception. And ST since 2003. Because of me calling in, I haven't actually paid for it in 5 of 6 years now.

And yes, I did get the free ST Max bonus this year and never needed to call in. #A+Customer