Is anyone worried about Justin Upton?

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez..... This guy is just awful, and has been for the last 6 weeks. For May and June, he's hitting a whopping .191, with 52 k's, almost every other time at bat. He's even worse for just June, where's he's hitting .111. He has been drawing some BB's, but some of those are intentional.

As I said earlier, this guy needs to "get injured," and spend some time in the minors figuring stuff out. He's hurting the team and himself right now. Barring a major miracle from him, maybe his injury should occur when Byrnes comes back on Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
It is not only Upton but the whole team.
We know Justin has talent. He may just need to sit down or go back to Tucson for a while. It seems like there is a common problem of a lack of discipline. They need to learn the concept of walks. Maybe they need to get a new hitting coach again

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not only Upton but the whole team.
We know Justin has talent. He may just need to sit down or go back to Tucson for a while. It weems like there is a commont problem of a lack of discipline. They need to learn the concept of walks. Maybe they need to get a new hitting coach again

I wasn't suggesting we throw the kid away. We actually agree on this... a few weeks (or more, if needed) in the minors is going to do nothing but good for this kid.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
Each at bat I keep hoping that this is that at bat that he breaks out of it. It's been a six week slump. Now I'm starting to think an assignment to trip.A is not a bad idea. Bring up Trot Nixion for a few weeks. Take some pressure off Jup

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score