OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iron Man 2

Release Date: May 7, 2010 (conventional theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Jon Favreau
Screenwriter: Justin Theroux
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of intense action violence and some language)

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling, John Slattery, Kate Mara, Clark Gregg, Olivia Munn

Plot Summary: Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the highly anticipated sequel to the blockbuster film based on the legendary Marvel Super Hero "Iron Man," reuniting director Jon Favreau and Oscar nominee Robert Downey Jr. In "Iron Man 2," the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is the armored Super Hero Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) and James "Rhodey" Rhodes (Don Cheadle) at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ok folks..... I need reviews asap! I might be hitting this one up tomorrow.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Average reviews so far--mostly decent, but nowhere near as good as the original.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems odd that they'd make Whiplash Russian...it sort of takes Crimson Dynamo off the table for a future movie.
Maybe they're doing a nationality swap.
Make Whiplash a Russian (and rundown looking, not outside the national image of that country).
Dynamo becomes something else. Like a French wine-salesman with a penchant for armored-roleplay or an Iraqi dignitary who, on the surface wants to only help in an event (like the accelerated training of the national police force) while subversively trying to sink the whole thing by stealing, then equipping, Stark's armor. They've already openly acknowledged the military presence in Afghanistan. Let's go globe trotting.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're doing a nationality swap.
Make Whiplash a Russian (and rundown looking, not outside the national image of that country).
They combined the two. It was Vanko that they used as Whiplash.

Chaplin said:
Average reviews so far--mostly decent, but nowhere near as good as the original.

I just saw it, and I thought it was better than the first.

I'm ready for the Mandarin in #3, though. I'm tired of tech on tech, I want to see the dichotomy of tech vs mysticism.

Oh, and there is a short teaser at the end of the credits. It's fairly disappointing, though. For those who don;t want to sit still through 5 minutes of scrolling names:
Shield finds Thor's hammer in a smoldering crater in New Mexico.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
We're doing a customer appreciation for our clients tomorrow. We rented out an auditorium for Iron Man 2...I can't wait!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw it, liked it a whole lot.
During Tony's drunken birthday, I kept flashing back to the "Twisted Toyfare Theater" version of Ironman. I kept half-expecting him to melt a hot blonde chick with the repulsor beam.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought it was excellent. It probably got panned by the shoot-'em-up fans that can't stand an action movie with a real story attached to it.

Oh, and how much better is action that you can, you know, follow with the eye, as opposed to the shaking-camera crap that's become so popular?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How sweet was the scene where the black widow was ripping through the building while Happy was just trying to get that one guy down? Awesome fight scenes and hilarious finish to Happy's fight.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I liked it. Most definitely not better then the first one though.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We saw the movie in one of those super-high resolution theaters.
It's an interesting experience.
You can really see what the actors look like.
One thing I noticed? The color of Sam Rockwell's palms stood out. Looks like a spray-tan thing.
Oh, and that Scarlett Johnansson chick seems to be perfect in every conceivable way. Hard to believe that's the same girl from Ghost World.
It's a little unsettling.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I really liked the movie. It just confirms for me that Scarlett Johansen while physically hottttt really just isn't very pretty overall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huh... guess I'm in the minority on this one. I thought it was pretty mediocre.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
huh... guess I'm in the minority on this one. I thought it was pretty mediocre.

It was the action sequences that tipped the scales for me in this one. I would recommend it. :thumbup:

However, the story was a bit haphazard in my opinion...it just didn't feel very contiguous. I mean, all the thematic elements were there...but they didn't flow very well, they felt "pieced in".

But, as a big fan of Rhodie from the comics...

Seeing War Machine in action was awesome, and the action sequences were better and more numerous. Favreau did an excellent job capturing what I would have envisioned from the comics I read as a kid.

Is this as good as Chris Nolan's Batman series? No...but that's a mighty tall order to live up to.

It does exceed any reasonable expectation for a comic book franchise though...at least in my opinion.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I really liked the movie. It just confirms for me that Scarlett Johansen while physically hottttt really just isn't very pretty overall.

I thought she was hot personally, in every single way...and it's the best she's looked in a very long time.

And to go a bit further...of all the action in the movie, seeing her break into that building and kick ass...was probably my favorite part :)

Wow did she look good.

I hope everyone stayed for the end of the credits.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How sweet was the scene where the black widow was ripping through the building while Happy was just trying to get that one guy down? Awesome fight scenes and hilarious finish to Happy's fight.

LOL, like i just said above, I think that was my favorite part of the movie :)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Overall I liked the movie. The first part I couldn't stand. I hate it when movies pretends to be a tv channel, especially when they cut between a shot with graphics for a tv show and then a clean piece of video and this movie did it all the time. Once they got past all of that the movie picked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard