IPhone junkies

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too pricey for me to even come close to considering.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Take it back and wait for the 3G version!!!! (unless it is out already and that is the one you got)

I don't think the first series iPhone has A2DP (for bluetooth stereo headphones) either.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
i've had my iphone since December and i did hear about the 3G newer phones... oh well.. i do love my phone and it was definitely worth it to me... it's on eof those things that i couldn't imagine living without now!

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Go to iclarified.com to the iPhone tutorials section and look for the most recent tutorial on jalbreaking your phone.

Once jailbroken you have access to tons of free apps on cydia.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to iclarified.com to the iPhone tutorials section and look for the most recent tutorial on jalbreaking your phone.

Once jailbroken you have access to tons of free apps on cydia.
thanks!

So why can I access the internet, but the Itunes function tells me I am not connected to wi fi?

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
You can get on the Internet via the cell network (edge/3g) or wifi. Wifi would be a wireless router or similar. The iTunes store won't let you download super big apps through the cell network you have to be on wifi to download them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cost of the phone is not the problem. However, the monthly plan is. It's outrageous. I almost bought one until I reviewed the plan. I went instead with the Samsung Instinct touch phone and love it. It does everything I need for a touch phone and the monthly plan is much better. I get almost double the minutes, on two phones with unlimited data for the same price.

Until the IPhone becomes more reasonable with it's monthly service plans it's a thumbs down for me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Seriously..... The Samsung Omnia is a bad mama jama. Check it out here --> http://omnia.samsungmobile.com/

iPhone is a marketing wonder and a phone underperformer.

Many Windows devices (blackberries too for that matter) are 20 times the device this is.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously..... The Samsung Omnia is a bad mama jama. Check it out here --> http://omnia.samsungmobile.com/

I just got the Omnia. It is friggin awesome. The web-browsing alone makes it freaking awesome. I'm still getting used to the touch phone, but overall, it's an awesome phone.

sorry to thread-crap on an iphone thread...

edit: i am not changing the fact that i said "awesome" 3x in those 3 sentences, lol

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Hubby recently got in iPhone from his employer; I have the LG Vu920. While both are touchscreen, the iPhone I think is more intuitive and the screen is much brighter. But I have more problems texting with the iPhone than with mine (maybe my thumbs are too big, lol)

The more recent iPhones now come with bluetooth but still no voice dialing. :mad:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

iPhone is a marketing wonder and a phone underperformer.

Many Windows devices (blackberries too for that matter) are 20 times the device this is.

I just got the Omnia. It is friggin awesome. The web-browsing alone makes it freaking awesome. I'm still getting used to the touch phone, but overall, it's an awesome phone.

sorry to thread-crap on an iphone thread...

edit: i am not changing the fact that i said "awesome" 3x in those 3 sentences, lol

Is the Omnia just on Verizon now? I saw something that said it was coming to AT&T, but it doesn't seem like it's there yet.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding information about GPS. What I'm looking for is a phone I can take around the world and use GPS. Even if there are no maps for that place, I'd like the ability to at least mark certain spots (geotagging?) in case I get lost.

I am with AT&T and will probably stay with them, but want to upgrade my phone to something with GPS and a screen decent enough to read documents on. Any tips greatly appreciated. :D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Omnia does have GPS and the geotagging thing (at least, im pretty sure) but you have to purchase the Verizon GPS package thing, which is like an extra 15 bucks a month - yes this phone is just with Verizon as of right now.

The screen is great, the browser is the best out of the smart phones. It's a fun little machine.. I mean phone!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am a PC fanatic, and I just got an iPhone. I LOVE it! We are on vacation and forgot our white noise machine we sleep with. I went to the app store via the icon on the phone, typed in white noise, and viola, a free white noise machine that worked great on my phone! It even handles the multiple folders I have in Outlook and imported them in the folders I had them in! The message function works just like the answering machine you have at home. No more typing in codes, etc, like in Verizon just to hear a message. So far I LOVE this phone! :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife got my iphone at an ATT store. When I tried to go on Itunes, it already had someone else's email programmed into it. I took it back to the Apple store and exchanged it for a new one. Had to wait over an hour only to have the guy (who was still mad at the jerkface he dealt with before me) try to tell me I needed to take it back to ATT store.

I convinced him I was going to go postal if he didn't exchange the phone since the other five people I talked to before him never told me to go to the ATT store.

So I exchanged the phone.

We also bought a new iMAc. Sweet ride that is.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
7A7LPWMKNAR9

This is the code for "20 free songs" on Itune. Might be a catch. Haven't tried it yet. Might be for "indie music" only.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
7A7LPWMKNAR9

This is the code for "20 free songs" on Itune. Might be a catch. Haven't tried it yet. Might be for "indie music" only.
forget it. Don't enter it. It just gets you free songs from people I have never heard of.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My phone got the "white screen" last night. Thought I was going to cry.

User Manual helped me restart it. It has been fine since.

Close one.