Inject positive Cards media into my veins

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just some crazy stats from this team this season.... keep it going boys

and still such a lack of respect. I love it. keep that chip on these guys' shoulder, especially after last year's el foldo.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Is our defense living on turnover luck though?

We're +8 in differential. Third in the league. Interceptions are equal at seven for, to seven against.

Fumbles? 10 recovered fumbles for, vs. two fumbles lost.

I know, I know. You make your own turnover luck to a large degree. Both of the fumbles recovered against SF this past week were great plays by great players (Simmons and Murphy).

But is that kind of turnover production sustainable through the rest of the year? If not, does that mean our defense comes back to the mean statistically?

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score

We're +8 in differential. Third in the league. Interceptions are equal at seven for, to seven against.

I know, I know. You make your own turnover luck to a large degree. Both of the fumbles recovered against SF this past week were great plays by great players (Simmons and Murphy).

But is that kind of turnover production sustainable through the rest of the year? If not, does that mean our defense comes back to the mean statistically?
A turnover can be lucky - but most of these are not. They practice forcing them, knocking the ball out, swatting.

Gamblers make the mistake of believing that the roulette wheel has come up red too many times, and bet on black because it has to come up sooner or later. But if the ball keeps coming up red it's likely due to the wheel NOT being perfect - actually favoring red. The smarter bed is red.

Like JJ said, "Maybe we're just better."

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think so. And I say that because all of our fumbles are self-inflicted bad snaps. They aren’t traditional fumbles where the defender is knocking the ball loose.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think a big reason for our turnover success is teams falling behind on the scoreboard. Pressing to try and make a play, an extra yard etc. You can’t go into a game saying “ we need three turnovers to win”.

But here’s the difference. The Cardinals are turning those turnovers into points. The 49ers turned it over on the 8 yard line. We proceeded to go 92 yards, taking 8 minutes off the clock and kicking a FG. That is a 10 point swing. If we go 3 and out the 49ers are right back in business. I believe we lead the league in points from turnovers.

That’s winning football.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We are very fortunate so far with turnovers and they have been key to our wins

Is it sustainable?

That's the big question

And when they go against you it really hurts

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

a fair number -- four or five-- were are bad snaps or Kyler dropping snaps and falling on them,

Even excluding those, the team wont keep recovering at the rate they have. Recoveries are really a 50/50 prop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA