Initial thoughts of the game

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
1) Murray had his best game as a cardinal. With that being said, he also was really careless with the ball today. The play before the Hopkins fumble was definitely a fumble but in the end it didn’t matter anyways. Also, that interception was literally right to the defender...

2) great to see Fitzgerald get the opening play pass for 15 yards, and his first TD of the season (great catch). Why can we not put him on the outside more for 50/50 balls and quick out routes? It seems that would be his best feature at this point in his career. On a side note, why wasn’t he in on the last drive? Injured?

3) horrible games from JR Sweezy and Mason Cole. We really need to bench Cole for Gaillard and hope Pugh can come back next week.

4) Hopkins made up for his fumble early in the game. He was amazing

5) Arnold is a valuable asset and keeps getting better. Sounds like Maxx Williams may be out again?

6) Patrick Peterson was absolutely horrible

7) on the play where Kirkpatrick “fell down” looked like obvious offensive pass interference to me...

8) Dennis Gardeck is unblockable and he needs to be playing more

9) Haason Reddick had another solid day, but the general DL as a whole was underwhelming today despite a depleted Eagles OL

10) Simmons had so many “almost” plays, and it’s frustrating he couldn’t make any of them, but the talent is obviously there.

11) it could be 3rd and 40 and we somehow always let them convert...

that’s all I can think of at the moment.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kk is still a bad play caller in clutch moments
Vance Joseph isn't good in adjustment and player evaluation, how gardeck plays so few snaps...
Murphy is better suited to play safety, since he is amazing when he has the ball in front of him, and struggle when he turns the back
Allen i guess was great, couldn't watch the full game, but eleven tackles and a sack speaks for itself
Finally Fitz got a TD and wasnt an easy one
Murray has to be aggressive with his running game if he wants to put this offense in another level

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1) Murray had his best game as a cardinal. With that being said, he also was really careless with the ball today. The play before the Hopkins fumble was definitely a fumble but in the end it didn’t matter anyways. Also, that interception was literally right to the defender...

2) great to see Fitzgerald get the opening play pass for 15 yards, and his first TD of the season (great catch). Why can we not put him on the outside more for 50/50 balls and quick out routes? It seems that would be his best feature at this point in his career. On a side note, why wasn’t he in on the last drive? Injured?

3) horrible games from JR Sweezy and Mason Cole. We really need to bench Cole for Gaillard and hope Pugh can come back next week.

5) Arnold is a valuable asset and keeps getting better. Sounds like Maxx Williams may be out again?

7) on the play where Kirkpatrick “fell down” looked like obvious offensive pass interference to me...

9) Haason Reddick had another solid day, but the general DL as a whole was underwhelming today despite a depleted Eagles OL

10) Simmons had so many “almost” plays, and it’s frustrating he couldn’t make any of them, but the talent is obviously there.

3. I have no idea why Gaillard isn't starting? Cole sucks at times.

11. I think they would've converted from 3rd & 60 lol

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree on Cole and Sweezy. Just not good. Peterson was bad. Too much cushion at crunch time. Hate to be negative after a win but we made that game far too difficult. Don't remember cursing that much during a win. But it was a HUGE win!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cole seems to have regressed last few weeks. Kirk is an empty suit on the field, and VJ more often than not is our coached

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shame is that it should have been his best game. Probably should have put up 6 tds today, but two costly turnovers in the redzone.
Right now, its only about getting the W. He still put up 30+ for the fantasy folks so its good all around I guess

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shame is that it should have been his best game. Probably should have put up 6 tds today, but two costly turnovers in the redzone.

For this franchise, overcoming mistakes like that and still winning, no matter who the opponent is, is not the norm. The team, and Murray, kept fighting, did not panic (while we all did) and got a huge W.

On to Saturday.

Reaction score

Great job with your post windcardinal.

1. Murray looked the most confident today..
But he didnt run enough and was careless with the football at times

2.agree with all of your points

3.agree with all - but cole did get one big fumble recovery

4.100%
5. Agree on armold.. what happened to max??

6.agree - he is the 7th highest paid cb in the nfl $14 mm per year.. he hasnt been the same player since he was suspended the firs 6 games in 2019 for PED. He is still the best corner we have..and its not even close.. i think with him being great for so long, we have the expectation that it will continue..i think we should just be happy that we have a guy that is very good..and i would re sign him to a cap friendly contact next year. If someone wants to over pay him.. let him walk.

7.kirkpatrick was pushed.. but he was going to get beat, and i think he tried to oversell it..he is a wimp.

8.gardecki has great desire and motor and so does marcus golden. They are both really good players who give max effort..golden has been a godsend..im so glad he is back..
Did gardecki get hurt? They didnt show on tv?

9.reddick is getting more consistent. I love his effort..i want him back.

10. Simmons was ok..the angles he takes is still a work in progress..but he is getting there.. he isnt there yet, but i think he can be a superstar next year.

11. agree why is it so hard for them to stop teams on 3 rd and long.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree on Cole and Sweezy. Just not good. Peterson was bad. Too much cushion at crunch time. Hate to be negative after a win but we made that game far too difficult. Don't remember cursing that much during a win. But it was a HUGE win!

This summed up my final minutes.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said to my wife before the snap that even though it's 3rd and 29 they will throw a screen pass and pick up 28, so I was off by 4 yards. I want to grab VJ and slap him at times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, its only about getting the W. He still put up 30+ for the fantasy folks so its good all around I guess
Yup. He got me into my title game next week almost singlehandedly.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gardeck got carted off...Please tell me he’s ok! Never good when a player gets carted off. This team can’t afford to lose any more competent pass rushers!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don’t think I have ever seen a QB with such terrible throwing mechanics, yet who can put up big offensive numbers and keep the team in just about every game he plays.
Maybe Cam Newton in terms of poor throwing mechanics... and due to amazing athleticism, he was able to produce competitive teams.

I don’t believe Kyler will be able to produce winning at the next tier (consistent post-season trips), unless he improves his mechanics.
And just like Cam, Kyler has yet to show he can make pre-snap reads and think his way thru his progressions while in the pocket.

For now, he is getting by on his arm talent and his legs... But Cam had those gifts too. And.... well, need I say more?
This off season will be HUGE for Kyler. He must demonstrate marked improvement in his 3rd season...

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeh’ on almost every 3rd and loooong the air in my living room just turned Blue.....thank goodness I was alone lol.