Importance of Seattle Game and #1 seed

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot understand the thinking that I am hearing and reading that it is okay to increase chances of losing by benching Kyler Sunday.

1. This game is not only a conference game it is a Division game. It could very well be the difference between tie breakers for the Rams for the Division and for the #1 seed.

2. In response to that I have heard and read, "Well I don't want home games in the playoffs anyway. We are better on the road!" WTAH!? The 1 seed is MOST important for the fact you need only two games to make the Super Bowl, instead of three games. And, for the bye in round one for banged up players.

Just had to get this off my chest. Too many to respond to one at a time.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just beat the damn Hags and get it over with. I hope Kyler is good to go, but I don't care how they do it. Just win.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cannot understand the thinking that I am hearing and reading that it is okay to increase chances of losing by benching Kyler Sunday.

1. This game is not only a conference game it is a Division game. It could very well be the difference between tie breakers for the Rams for the Division and for the #1 seed.

2. In response to that I have heard and read, "Well I don't want home games in the playoffs anyway. We are better on the road!" WTAH!? The 1 seed is MOST important for the fact you need only two games to make the Super Bowl, instead of three games. And, for the bye in round one for banged up players.

Preach!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Truth is we have been way, way better on the road. It's a fact. Do I want a bye anyway? Yes of course. Are more teams winning on the road? Yes, another fact. I'll still pull for a bye but the other facts stand.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Truthfully it doesn’t matter who plays this week, if they don’t come out of the gates with their hair on fire and prepared to make a statement it will probably be a long second half of the season. You can’t treat a division opponent , regardless of record , lightly.

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth is we have been way, way better on the road. It's a fact. Do I want a bye anyway? Yes of course. Are more teams winning on the road? Yes, another fact. I'll still pull for a bye but the other facts stand.
I am not ignorant of those facts. And you are not one of the people I mentioned.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I never said you were ignorant and I saw the people you mentioned. I did state we play much better on the road this year.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but without Kyler, our chances of winning are under 40%

Bah, I don't care what the odds are. Just win. I've been to Falcons, Eagles and both Packer playoff games. I also went to the game in New Orleans where the Cards lost. You can't tell me homefield advantage doesn't matter.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bah, I don't care what the odds are. Just win. I've been to Falcons, Eagles and both Packer playoff games. I also went to the game in New Orleans where the Cards lost. You can't tell me homefield advantage doesn't matter.
Yeah I was at the Falcons & Eagles games the year we went to the Super Bowl.

That Falcons game was the loudest game I have ever been to in my life. I still recall then Falcons head coach Mike Smith speaking after the game and admitting they were shocked at how loud it was.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That Falcons game was the loudest game I have ever been to in my life. I still recall then Falcons head coach Mike Smith speaking after the game and admitting they were shocked at how loud it was.

In typical Cardinals fan fashion, at the Falcons game I kept telling my wife... They're gonna lose 31 to 30, they're gonna lose 31 to 30... a miracle!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought the Philly game was louder. I’ll never forget the pregame when Let It Ride (was that the song?) was blasting, everyone was waving towels snd just SCREAMING. That was place was freaking shaking.

Side note... this is so FREAKING WEIRD. I hadn’t heard that song referenced above that whipped the crowd into. Frenzy before the NFC Title game in probably a decade and they JUST played it going to commercial during the Suns/Mavs game. That was BIZARRE.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Anyone saying playing the playoff games on the road is preferable either (a) has never been to an AZ home playoff game; or (b) doesn’t recall what they’re like. It’s mayhem of the best and loudest kind in favor of the cardinals.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought the Philly game was louder. I’ll never forget the pregame when Let It Ride (was that the song?) was blasting, everyone was waving towels snd just SCREAMING. That was place was freaking shaking.

Side note... this is so FREAKING WEIRD. I hadn’t heard that song referenced above that whipped the crowd into. Frenzy before the NFC Title game in probably a decade and they JUST played it going to commercial during the Suns/Mavs game. That was BIZARRE.
Yup. I remember the eagles fans sitting in front of us turning around and just looking at us with wide eyes saying “wow” when the noise ratcheted up. It was awesome.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were sitting in the upper deck with my boy Andy440.. There were like 4 Eagles fans sitting behind us and they were like.. Woah, we've never heard anything like this. I'd have to dig them out but I'm pretty sure I have a couple of those towels in the closet. I remember catching a video clip of Whisenhunt saying, holy crap this place is loud.

Good times.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't remember which of the games but an hour or so before they had some type of hypnotic EDM on the sound system. I think they must have hypnotized us all into a frenzy!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said home field advantage wasn’t HUGE in the playoffs?? It is! Exactly why I want Murray to play on Sunday, even if he isn’t at full strength. My point is that without him, our chances of winning are diminished greatly. And we need to win as many games as possible, especially against divisional foes. I’ll take the risks involved in him playing this week to avoid an almost certain loss without him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think they will play Murray. KK has been saying the same thing for the last 3 weeks: A game time decision! Sorry, but he will sit and the Cards will lose.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we wanted the #1 seed we should have beaten the Packers.

Let's not hamstring ourself by trying to go all in in this Seattle team that isn't going to make the playoffs.

Bye then Bears then the big showdown on monday night. We need to make sure we are healthy as possible out of the Bye. If that means losing to Seattle, so be it. We beat the Rams I think we take the division.

Maybe we still end up with 1 seed, but if we rush back too early we could end up a wild card and limping in the playoffs. Seattle game is important but it's not THAT important to essentially risk our entire season on it.

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were sitting in the upper deck with my boy Andy440.. There were like 4 Eagles fans sitting behind us and they were like.. Woah, we've never heard anything like this. I'd have to dig them out but I'm pretty sure I have a couple of those towels in the closet. I remember catching a video clip of Whisenhunt saying, holy crap this place is loud.

Good times.
That last drive where the Eagles had the ball and we had to stop them...

The noise was thunderous. I remember actually feeling vibrations it was so loud. My ears rang the rest of the day. It was wonderful. Hope to experience that again. All playoff games were loud, but that was the loudest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave