I'm sure that I'll get ripped for this, but...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the team are performing to this level with a mediocre backup QB and a bunch of JAGs imagine if they had Kyler, one good draft in '24 and a couple of good FA's.
I feel the same.

I don't understand how overly negative most of the posters are after these two games - both of which the Cards should have won.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was not in the “tanking” camp. I thought all that talk was just the media trying to stir up controversy for the 24’ draft.
But…watching the 4th quarter meltdown, it actually looked like they were allowing NY to comeback! There’s just no plausible explanation for the way this team just stopped playing.
Seriously it looked scripted.
Is it actually possible that they are in fact tanking?
Yes there is, it's called momentum and it happens in most games.

The ludicrous lengths people are going to try and prove tanking is mind blowing.

A team that is determined to tank would never build a lead in the first place. It's really easy to make bad play calls if you want to intentionally lose.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The ludicrous lengths people are going to try and prove tanking is mind blowing.

A team that is determined to tank would never build a lead in the first place. It's really easy to make bad play calls if you want to intentionally lose.
Let me ask this - were the Falcons tanking in the superbowl after they had a 28 point lead or whatever and blew it. Of course not and nobody thinks such a dumb thought.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… that drive gave me a little hope that we weren’t going to see SOC, especially after such an impressive first half Then they gave us all exactly what we feared, know and loathe about this franchise.

That was a bummer. Not necessarily the L. That’s good in the long-run. But to lose the way they did just keeps the SOC stench on the team and culture that they’re trying to change.

Super curious to now see how they respond with a big time team coming to town next week.
I still contend that I am happy if this team goes 1-16, as long as our one win is against the Cowboys. Thankfully for me, we have done pretty well against the Cowboys in the past 20 years...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me ask this - were the Falcons tanking in the superbowl after they had a 28 point lead or whatever and blew it. Of course not and nobody thinks such a dumb thought.
Don't do this.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score

I agree that it doesn’t seem possible to get 53 players and an entire coaching staff on board with the idea of tanking.
I just can’t believe what I watched happen before my eyes. It was too easy for the Giants to comeback. It seriously looked scripted and the Cardinals looked like they knew it was going to happen and just wanted to get it over with.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that it doesn’t seem possible to get 53 players and an entire coaching staff on board with the idea of tanking.
I just can’t believe what I watched happen before my eyes. It was too easy for the Giants to comeback. It seriously looked scripted and the Cardinals looked like they knew it was going to happen and just wanted to get it over with.
Coaches and players get jobs and money for doing their jobs and winning. If any coach or player intentionally loses games for any reason, I don’t want them anywhere near this team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looked like that because the Giants were informed at half time their season would be all but over if they went 0-2 and lost to the worst team in the league.

The coaches got the players to play like their season depended on it, because psychologically it probably did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard