I'm sorry!!!!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I trust Colt McCoy more than I do Kyler Murray. Yes I'm fresh off of my 4th cocktail of the evening, but I am going to give our backup qb his flowers while I can. This is by no means a call for him to be the starter, but it's a pretty damning indictment of our head coach's "tailor made" offense when a qb with nowhere near the physical ability of our franchise qb is more trustworthy, more calm, and more in command of this team when he's under center. I love K1, I back the guy. He's the man to lead this franchise for years to come, but it was a pleasure today to watch Colt operate, and I am thankful he's on this team. Even going back to last year, the Carolina game being his only crap out, he gave us stellar backup play, and operated as someone who has been in this league 10 + years. A flat-out toast to 12 tonight dammit!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can’t “force” talent. Kyler isn’t ready. Colt is.
That Rams team we just played could not run or pass against our piss poor defense that had given up over 30 points 3 games in a row. That made it very easy for our offense to outscore theirs by a lot. That being said, Murray most definitely needs to watch that tape & learn from it.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I trust Colt McCoy more than I do Kyler Murray. Yes I'm fresh off of my 4th cocktail of the evening, but I am going to give our backup qb his flowers while I can. This is by no means a call for him to be the starter, but it's a pretty damning indictment of our head coach's "tailor made" offense when a qb with nowhere near the physical ability of our franchise qb is more trustworthy, more calm, and more in command of this team when he's under center. I love K1, I back the guy. He's the man to lead this franchise for years to come, but it was a pleasure today to watch Colt operate, and I am thankful he's on this team. Even going back to last year, the Carolina game being his only crap out, he gave us stellar backup play, and operated as someone who has been in this league 10 + years. A flat-out toast to 12 tonight dammit!
I'm going to agree. It sure was nice to watch a veteran QB understand the defense and command the offense. My only hope is that KM starts watching the results and starts figuring out a defense and what they are trying to do to him. He signed his big contract and is set for life! The other stuff he gets involved for money is taking away from his true marketable potential. If he figures out defenses, he will have at least 2 more major contacts and push $1b in payouts.

He just might be one of the most dangerous QBs in the league. Athletic, fast, quick, great arm talent and can make all of the throws. Unfortunately, I am not sure he has what it takes between the ears and very few athletic/talented QB's ever figure this side of it out.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Lol totally different gameplan than usual or Colt wouldn’t be standing… almost out after one hit but yeah he’s the man! Glad we won and KK actually did have a gameplan besides the garbage he usually runs out there.
While kyler has faults and should be called out on them, the playcalling this week was a big factor. We got the ball out quick and ran very few plays designed to go backwards.

Maybe if we did that every week, the offense would be better. Crazy but it just might work

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol totally different gameplan than usual or Colt wouldn’t be standing… almost out after one hit but yeah he’s the man! Glad we won and KK actually did have a gameplan besides the garbage he usually runs out there.
Our offense gives a lot of control to the QB and it looks one way with Kyler in and another way with Colt in. Do you think that Kliff is only able to gameplan for Colt? I believe QB decision making is the main difference. I think Colt determines who he is going to throw the ball to based on reading the defense pre-snap, while Kyler doesn't. Kyler forces a lot of balls into double coverage. Colt's timing also seems to be giving our WR's a lot more opportunities for YAC. He seems to be on the same page with them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While kyler has faults and should be called out on them, the playcalling this week was a big factor. We got the ball out quick and ran very few plays designed to go backwards.

Maybe if we did that every week, the offense would be better. Crazy but it just might work

Everyone arguing for Kyler the first 9 weeks was saying the problem was him having to get rid of it too quick. Not enough time for plays to develop etc… Now when our Back up gets rid of it quick and it works it’s a strength?

How do we know the game plan isn’t the same or similar and colt McCoy just reads the defense and knows where to go with it? How do we know those short screens weren’t called but colt wasn’t scared to opt out for another receiver or change the play at the line altogether etc.????

Seems like people will go to great lengths to push this and all other issues off of Kyler. SMH

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler is in year 4. If he wasn’t ready by now, they shouldn’t have given him the big contract
That's easy to say, but pretty hard to do.

Knowing his natural talent level you either had to give him his deal and keep him happy or get rid of him. Going into this season the obvious assumption was he would continue to progress.

Like it or not the Cards didn't really have much choice.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Weird that the offense only looks like this when Colt is in. We did the exact same thing last year for 3 weeks. It's such a shame that Kliff saves the good playcalls and gameplans for Colt .

But for real, we ran a ton of the usual sideways stuff today. The only actual different plays today was under center stuff. Other than that this is the exact same offense we run every week, just with better execution. From QB timing with the receivers to the QB actually finding the open receiver.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's easy to say, but pretty hard to do.

Knowing his natural talent level you either had to give him his deal and keep him happy or get rid of him. Going into this season the obvious assumption was he would continue to progress.

Like it or not the Cards didn't really have much choice.

You really did seeing the way he performed the last six weeks of last season should’ve given you pause… It was a complete and utter decline

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Everyone arguing for Kyler the first 9 weeks was saying the problem was him having to get rid of it too quick. Not enough time for plays to develop etc… Now when our Back up gets rid of it quick and it works it’s a strength?

How do we know the game plan isn’t the same or similar and colt McCoy just reads the defense and knows where to go with it? How do we know those short screens weren’t called but colt wasn’t scared to opt out for another receiver or change the play at the line altogether etc.????

Seems like people will go to great lengths to push this and all other issues off of Kyler. SMH
How many designed wr screens did we have this game? How many plays did we have today that were designed to go backwards?

I'm not arguing kyler doesn't have his faults (he absolutely does) but the playcalling this week was different. There have been several times this year where every good play was followed by an incredibly stupid one. Hell our coach said that having our backup oline going against Aaron Donald was a factor.

The offense has been horrid due to several factors including playcalling. This just feels like the first game where playcalling felt up to snuff.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose