Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 2nd and 3rd is not a "McCaffrey package". He went for 4 picks.

It's just a normal trade for a 2nd and 3rd.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you blame the cards? I mean asking price and settling price are two different things

Not at all. As far as I'm concerned the Cards are playing it right. There's no rush to move him. There are no bonuses due that we have to move him by.

Someone's star receiver is going to get hurt or someone's draft pick is going to suck in camp and then they will come begging.

I'm guessing the OBJ situation isn't helping. Once that gets resolved and he signs elsewhere it will focus minds.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not at all. As far as I'm concerned the Cards are playing it right. There's no rush to move him. There are no bonuses due that we have to move him by.

Someone's star receiver is going to get hurt or someone's draft pick is going to suck in camp and then they will come begging.

I'm guessing the OBJ situation isn't helping. Once that gets resolved and he signs elsewhere it will focus minds.
Some teams just using media to hype odell as an option.
But if you want a reliable guy he isnt.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd rather keep DHop than trade him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick.
Unfortunately it's not an easy either/or at this point. Do we trade him or keep him AND give him more years and money. Otherwise it turns into an ugly situation we really don't want at this point, with team perception far below rock bottom. It would be a terrible idea to give him years and money, too. It's a bad spot to be in.

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not an easy either/or at this point. Do we trade him or keep him AND give him more years and money. Otherwise it turns into an ugly situation we really don't want at this point, with team perception far below rock bottom. It would be a terrible idea to give him years and money, too. It's a bad spot to be in.
Personally I would prefer to extend him for 3 more years (2 more after this year) than get basically nothing for him. He can definitely help whoever is starting opening day.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I would prefer to extend him for 3 more years (2 more after this year) than get basically nothing for him. He can definitely help whoever is starting opening day.

I love Hopkins, but I'm afraid of injuries with him. You can't pay him over $20 million a year to miss 6+ games a season. I'm telling you, his running styles is going to make his leg issues get worse as he ages.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I love Hopkins, but I'm afraid of injuries with him. You can't pay him over $20 million a year to miss 6+ games a season. I'm telling you, his running styles is going to make his leg issues get worse as he ages.
I don’t like his character , doping As the best wr in the NFL , understand the injury was involved, but I never buy the bs any player selks on this, just to damned sophisticated medical industry, like inflate gate, bounty gate, spy gate, act like they made mistakes groppling with the crap with low light in a basement. Not true, just lying to cover their AZ.
damn good player, great personality, may not look so great if others cheated sling side him, but mist don’t . i respect that.

but if we don’t get a 2nd , keep him. May be used to get a bigger haul on the 3rd pick in the draft. Would give 3rd and Hop for ricky Williams type haul,

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep. Can't do it. It's terrible business especially in a purported rebuild.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Sooooo.... Dhop won't get the new contract he wants and the Cardinals won't get any draft picks they want all because Dhop wanted to run his mouth around the valley about not wanting to be here lol are Dhop and Lamar Jackson related?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL LOL LOL LOL. The 3rd choice GM is not even going to bring in a 5th rounder for DHop?