Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This kind of talk shows how far his market has been depressed - pretty sad, we give up a first for a middling talent like Hollywood and the machinations of our front office has us at this point, where people are actively speculating about a straight out release. #birdshittyfootball

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
DHop is a superstar 3 years ago.
Now DHop is just a good WR on the wrong side of 30, with PED issue and an injury year in two seasons. Good luck getting anything more than a 4th at its best.
He's still a top 10 WR. He might not be in the argument for best WR, but he's still a good #1.

Did you not see what he's done the last 2 years? Failing to monetize on a good asset would be a huge failure.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's still a top 10 WR. He might not be in the argument for best WR, but he's still a good #1.

Did you not see what he's done the last 2 years? Failing to monetize on a good asset would be a huge failure.
I hope they get a 2nd. For the reasons I listen above it is going to be a fourth or worse.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've never understood this phrase. Is there a long end of the stick? How can a stick have both a long end and a short end? If you break it then you would have 2 sticks, one might be the short straw I guess, but that's a whole different phrase!

Like many idioms that have roots from way back, the initial meaning is lost but the saying continues and applies to a multitude of situations.

Just looked this one up myelf. It's not quite what I expected.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DHop is a superstar 3 years ago. Now DHop is just a good WR on the wrong side of 30, with PED issue and an injury year in two seasons. Good luck getting anything more than a 4th at its best.
His production disagrees with you. He is one of the top 5 wr when he is playing for now. Yeah he is older, but he absolutely can be a major difference maker for a contending team.

If we cut him I will lose all faith in our new GM. Let him sit home and I guarantee you some team will come calling at the deadline with a decent offer trying to put themselves over the top.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
His production disagrees with you. He is one of the top 5 wr when he is playing for now. Yeah he is older, but he absolutely can be a major difference maker for a contending team.

If we cut him I will lose all faith in our new GM. Let him sit home and I guarantee you some team will come calling at the deadline with a decent offer trying to put themselves over the top.
Especially in the clutch. Other receivers may have comparable numbers but Dhop is straight cash money when the game is on the line and always wants the ball when the pressure is on. I love me some Dhop, and not just as a player, when he flipped off all the trumpers on the I-10 freeway I almost went out and bought his jersey :lol:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This kind of talk shows how far his market has been depressed - pretty sad, we give up a first for a middling talent like Hollywood and the machinations of our front office has us at this point, where people are actively speculating about a straight out release. #birdshittyfootball
I think the money given to WRs last year has cooled the market.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lmao

1) Dhop doesn't want to miss out on any money - Dhop wants a trade and even more money, tried to strongarm his way into getting it all but reality and a league full of talent had other plans

2) I've been pretty damn clear lol

3) Now you get it! Somebody give Quebec a cookie!

Spot on!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sooooo.... Dhop won't get the new contract he wants and the Cardinals won't get any draft picks they want all because Dhop wanted to run his mouth around the valley about not wanting to be here lol are Dhop and Lamar Jackson related?
If he gets cut he’s more likely to get the contract he wants. More suitors because no trade comp.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If he gets cut he’s more likely to get the contract he wants. More suitors because no trade comp.
Word, that's why I can see New England putting out that BS offer - like hey, if you're unhappy with that dope ass sports car give us the keys and we'll take over payments

Thing is, we invested a whole lot in that dope ass sports car and somebody's going to eventually want it

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Word, that's why I can see New England putting out that BS offer - like hey, if you're unhappy with that dope ass sports car give us the keys and we'll take over payments

Thing is, we invested a whole lot in that dope ass sports car and somebody's going to eventually want it
Maybe. The determining factor is if someone is willing to pay for it and how much.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When he gets on the field, he's still one of the best abs a true difference maker. I'm still confident we get a late second for him. It might not happen until the 28th of this month when a team feel desperate because they missed out on the guy they wanted.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
O'Brien is the primary issue in NE. The salary is the excuse to appease the Pat's fan base. DHop won't adjust his salary because of the OC.

Obviously the reality that Hopkins won't adjust his salary unless he gets his desired destination reduces what the Cardinals get back.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O'Brien is the primary issue in NE. The salary is the excuse to appease the Pat's fan base. DHop won't adjust his salary because of the OC.

Obviously the reality that Hopkins won't adjust his salary unless he gets his desired destination reduces what the Cardinals get back.
100%. He is the one that shipped D-Hop to us in the David Johnson trade. He is going to pay him now when he didn't want to pay him then.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
100%. He is the one that shipped D-Hop to us in the David Johnson trade. He is going to pay him now when he didn't want to pay him then.
He’d be on the other side of the reason Hop was shipped in the first place: cap-constrained from adding more guaranteed money.

Now the shoes on the other foot. OBrien isn’t an idiot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’d be on the other side of the reason Hop was shipped in the first place: cap-constrained from adding more guaranteed money.

Now the shoes on the other foot. OBrien isn’t an idiot.
He could have lowered D-Hops cap hit by giving him a new contract. Confused.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s the case. We can’t really do that right now, which is why we’re trying to trade him.
I don't mean us, I mean O-Brien before he traded D-Hop to us. They could have lowered his cap.

I think I thought you were saying that the Texans were cap-constrained from adding more guaranteed money back in the day, not the Cards now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't mean us, I mean O-Brien before he traded D-Hop to us. They could have lowered his cap.

I think I thought you were saying that the Texans were cap-constrained from adding more guaranteed money back in the day, not the Cards now.
I believe both are true

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave