Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

Sources: The #Texans are trading WR Brandin Cooks to the #Cowboys for a 5th this year and 6th next year. A big-play threat for Dallas.
This was a trade that did not materialize last season, but allegedly was close to it with the level of draft pick(s) being the hang up. D-Hop would have been the splash that a lot of Dallas fans wanted. the cost might prevent Dallas from getting other things done. My concern is that d-hop will go to a nfc rival that beats Dallas down in the regular season/playoffs and we will be once again looking back at a frugal offseason.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Buffalo is a perfect fit for Hopkins. I get holding out for a 1st but that's not happening. Buffalo's pick at 59 might be the best you're going to get. If I'm the Cards, I take it. It's not ideal, but with the way the FO has handled the off season, you almost have to take what you can get at this point.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don't think the Cardinals are desperate to 'get rid of' DHop.
agree. This draft is light on WR...I expect Monti will start getting calls mid way through round 2, from GM's who didnt want to give up a 2 in this draft, but are willing to give up a 3

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don't think the Cardinals are desperate to 'get rid of' DHop.
It seems teams aren't desperate to give up much for him. Look at all the player trades so far, (minus the #1 pick), everyone is going for peanuts. They want a 2nd and change maybe? At this point we may be lucky to get a 2024 3rd. They will get desperate enough, they probably thought they'd get good value.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'll accept a 2 from the 2024 draft.
Then sign OBJ to 2 years, $20 million, $8 mil guaranteed (the amount you save with Hop trade)...makes the cap a wash. Give him a year to reset his value and stay healthy. He said he's not playing for $4...so get creative and go $8.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Trading back for what some think could be a 'haul' could be a bit disappointing this year. If our new GM feels this is a longer term rebuild, the best offer we like could be mainly high picks in the next 2 drafts, instead of this year.

If you could get 50% more that way, should you do that instead of taking less in this year's draft?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Buffalo is a perfect fit for Hopkins. I get holding out for a 1st but that's not happening. Buffalo's pick at 59 might be the best you're going to get. If I'm the Cards, I take it. It's not ideal, but with the way the FO has handled the off season, you almost have to take what you can get at this point.

Buffalo has 20 outstanding Free Agents, $13m in Cap room and Stephon Diggs.

Cards Crazy

Rookie
Reaction score
Lots of Twitter chatter now saying Dhop to Patriots is close to being immenet possibly tomorrow comp includes a player and draft picks, last time we traded with them it worked put rather well Johnathan Cooper for Chandler Jones straight up I could certainly live with something like that again

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Lots of Twitter chatter now saying Dhop to Patriots is close to being immenet possibly tomorrow comp includes a player and draft picks, last time we traded with them it worked put rather well Johnathan Cooper for Chandler Jones straight up I could certainly live with domething like that again
Cards gave up a 2nd with Cooper for Jones. Still a great trade, but not as lopsided as we think.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JMO, but to make a trade because you take whatever you can get AT THIS POINT makes zero sense. Just hope that our Front Office is less short sighted.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the NE rumors are based on this picture. SMH

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we know this is a joke.