Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Debatable. I'm not sure trading both of them is the better long term play. I can see people not wanting to re-sign Hollywood. If the Cards long term goals is to be successful, they can't roll out with an oft-injured Rondale, old Ertz, Dortch and McBride.

Well, I'm not sure how going into 2023 with bad WRs hurts long-term goals. I guess there's reputational damage, but Stout's looking to burn through 2023 and get to 2024 with another high pick and cap space(??).

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
13 years ago, the Cards traded Anquan for picks in an effort to get value from a disgruntled, aging WR. Those picks essentially turned into Andre Roberts and O'Brien Schofield.
thanks for the reminder on that one, lol.

Arguably my favorite player traded for a busted lb from WI and a small wr from Citidel.

What a stupid franchise...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure how going into 2023 with bad WRs hurts long-term goals. I guess there's reputational damage, but Stout's looking to burn through 2023 and get to 2024 with another high pick and cap space(??).
What do you mean when you consider long term goals. I don't think it is really feasible to try and plan out long term roster decision more than 2 or 3 years out. It is likely half of your team can change or more in that amount of time.
But if you sign good free agents in 2024, you don't get any sort of comp pick for Brown.
Yep. That's why kicking the tires down the road for Hollywood might be the way to go. Funny enough, it is the same idea that a lot of people had with Kyler last year vs signing him to his new deal. (let him play out his deal and then decide)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What do you mean when you consider long term goals. I don't think it is really feasible to try and plan out long term roster decision more than 2 or 3 years out. It is likely half of your team can change or more in that amount of time.

Yep. That's why kicking the tires down the road for Hollywood might be the way to go. Funny enough, it is the same idea that a lot of people had with Kyler last year vs signing him to his new deal. (let him play out his deal and then decide)

So what is the difference between short-term and long-term for you?

When I think of long-term goals, it's usually the season after the current one and beyond. I'm trading D-Hop because I hope the long-term improvement (draft pick + cap flexibility) will be better than whatever short-term benefits I'd otherwise enjoy (better WR play than all but a handful of players in the league).

What a strange question to ask.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is the difference between short-term and long-term for you?

When I think of long-term goals, it's usually the season after the current one and beyond. I'm trading D-Hop because I hope the long-term improvement (draft pick + cap flexibility) will be better than whatever short-term benefits I'd otherwise enjoy (better WR play than all but a handful of players in the league).

What a strange question to ask.
Short term to me is less than one year and/or one offseason.

Long term for me is greater than one year.

I guess it isn't a strange question since we seem to agree on what this means.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chiefs seem to be clearing space with release of Clark. Could be DHop. Could be OBJ.
Looks like some cuts are already on sportrac. They current have $17 million after the rookie pool. They can cut Marquez Valdes-Scantling for a giant savings. KC could be a great fit for both since they have 12 picks. Still don't see a 1st for him. I'm guessing 63 and 122 or 134.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
given JGs statement that the team will live in 11, 12 and 13 personnel -- really 11 and 12

that means the team has enough WRs under contract/control

hollywood, rondale, dortch --

and then looking for one or two guys NFL vets with some size that come for cheap contracts / a later day draft pick

it probably means adding a TE, maybe day 2 of the draft given the depth at the position
Don't forget Antoine Wesley, maybe even Auden Tate might surprise, next year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Looks like some cuts are already on sportrac. They current have $17 million after the rookie pool. They can cut Marquez Valdes-Scantling for a giant savings. KC could be a great fit for both since they have 12 picks. Still don't see a 1st for him. I'm guessing 63 and 122 or 134.
Hope we get more.