Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not guaranteed until Week 1 of the regular season. This is really just agent-speak for he wants another signing/roster bonus.
Thanks for clarification

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but if he’s got 19 million left in salary then that’s guaranteed… even if he gets injured he’s getting that money….
Nope, it's not guaranteed until week 1 ends.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One more time, DHop trade comp will be disappointing. This time it will not be fault of 3rd choice GM.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who's it going to be disappointing to? Surely not you, as you've been on the negative G nosedive for several weeks.
I don't like the vibe of this franchise right now. I know I know there is a new regime but the ownership is same..so...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but if he’s got 19 million left in salary then that’s guaranteed… even if he gets injured he’s getting that money….

It's not. He wants it up front and more money. This is why he wants out

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
so are you going to refer to Monti Ossenfort as "3rd choice gm" for his entire tenure with the team or is this just for this offseason?
Have not made a decision. Probably going to stop it as soon as his first rounder plays the first 5 games of the season. My expectations are very meagre.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of Chandler Jones syndrome going on here.

I was saying from 2020 we should have traded him and recouped some capital while he still had value. We should have traded him at the end of the 2020 season and we could have got at least a 2nd and 5th for him considering he had a pretty friendly contract.

I have the exact same feeling about Hopkins. He's still a very good player but his value isn't getting higher and we don't have the roster or the situation with Kyler's injury to take advantage of what he has left. The money a trading team gets him for is friendly and if we are going to swallow the dead money next year is the time to do it.

Why keep him for potentially one year of premium usage in 2024 when he will be 32?

I don't even mind trading him for a future 1st. If the options are a current 2nd or a 2024 1st take the 2024 1st.

I agree with that. 2 weeks ago I wanted to keep him but we haven't had any news since then that leads me to believe we're going to be any good this year so trade him and let him have a shot in the playoffs somewhere else and get a pick for him

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with that. 2 weeks ago I wanted to keep him but we haven't had any news since then that leads me to believe we're going to be any good this year so trade him and let him have a shot in the playoffs somewhere else and get a pick for him
“Picks”

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
And that's why he has a defaco no trade clause still.
But he has very weak leverage. He has a large contract sitting there, and if he chooses to sit out because of not getting the money up front....then he gets nothing, he might as well retire.

He doesn't have a no trade clause. We can trade him anywhere we want, and if he wants to see 1 more dime he will either work with that team to redo a deal, or he will sit out making $0 for 2 years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he has very weak leverage. He has a large contract sitting there, and if he chooses to sit out because of not getting the money up front....then he gets nothing, he might as well retire.

He doesn't have a no trade clause. We can trade him anywhere we want, and if he wants to see 1 more dime he will either work with that team to redo a deal, or he will sit out making $0 for 2 years.
Teams are giving up day 1 or 2 draft capital for someone what won't play for them. It's a defaco no trade clause.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Matt Verderam
If you're the Chiefs, DeAndre Hopkins makes ample sense. The WR market is barren and there's a clear need atop the depth chart. KC also has a bevy of draft picks to help make a deal with. Big question is whether Hopkins would be comfortable playing on his current deal.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
so are you going to refer to Monti Ossenfort as "3rd choice gm" for his entire tenure with the team or is this just for this

Matt Verderam
If you're the Chiefs, DeAndre Hopkins makes ample sense. The WR market is barren and there's a clear need atop the depth chart. KC also has a bevy of draft picks to help make a deal with. Big question is whether Hopkins would be comfortable playing on his current deal.
Guessing that is THE one team he might. With Dallas moving to a run-based offense, NE and KC make the most sense.