Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've never seen it anywhere other than posters here saying he wants out. Only speculation on the board.
Speculation started with Hopkins with his goodbye post on IG but even his body language said a lot and then the consideration made by the new coach and gm about having just motivated players

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This trade is such a great way to save 8mm. #BirdCity

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Of those two. I keep him possibly extending.

Hopkins is worth more than peanuts.
Keeping him and extending him is just bad policy that runs entirely counter to what (we're told) the team is (supposedly) doing. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Your thought of keeping him and trying to ignore his threat of holdout is a better one. Still, that could potentially get really ugly and spoil what the team's trying to do right outta the gate.

It's certainly a conundrum. So many folks made "no biggie" noises leading up to this offseason, but others saw it coming like a freight train. Likely no good answer. To me, the only unacceptable answer is extending him. That would be the definition of shooting our "rebuild" in the foot.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeping him and extending him is just bad policy that runs entirely counter to what (we're told) the team is (supposedly) doing.

Agreed.

Plus you should listen to what you are told about what the team is actually doing.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I just don't think it is enough compensation and it is the wrong combination of players. If I am trading D-Hop, it is for draft picks.
It’s still a bare market for Dhop at this point given he wants more $$$ & what other quality WRs & other positions have been traded for in the last 2 seasons. We got him for a 2nd rounder & very possibly won’t get more than a third or fourth imo. A month ago I would’ve never thought that.

Now that could change come draft day, but it might not either.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This board saying Monti sucks based on a dingle report by Dov Klieman is silly.

How about we wait until he's traded to judge it?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This board saying Monti sucks based on a dingle report by Dov Klieman is silly.

How about we wait until he's traded to judge it?
Its GM chicken right now. Monti is being tested because he is a rookie.
The truth is, if a team wants an experienced wr their options at this point is obj, jeudy. Or Dhop.... and everyone knows if you start the season with obj his season will be over by december... jeudy is an up and comer but denver isnt likely to let that rookie contract go cheap... so if they want reliable experience without giving up a 1st... hop is the only real option..
Im interested to see if monti blinks but i dont think he will. Hop is a cardinal until he aint.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The truth is, if a team wants an experienced wr their options at this point is obj, jeudy. Or Dhop.... and everyone knows if you start the season with obj his season will be over by december... jeudy is an up and comer but denver isnt likely to let that rookie contract go cheap... so if they want reliable experience without giving up a 1st... hop is the only real option..
Im interested to see if monti blinks but i dont think he will. Hop is a cardinal until he aint.
Yeah, we need an experienced GM now (not Keim), and we have a rookie GM who just put on his training pants. Who knows how this will play out? The other GMs are probably licking their chops going up against our rookie GM. Or maybe Monti will shock the world. This is going to be a fun ride.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A weak rookie GM would have traded him already for a bag of chips. He's doing exactly the right thing. It's a weak WR class and on draft day when JSN and Johnson are gone and a team like the Bills or Chiefs are on the clock with slim pickings Hopkins will start to look much more enticing for a 2nd round pick.

This is Josh Allens last year with a low cap hit. Only $18m this year. It's $47m next year. This is the Bills last year to have a real shot.

Plus, Monti is in no rush. We don't need the cap space. So if needs be hold on to him until the trade deadline when someone loses their WR1, or their offense looks trash.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Agreed.

Plus you should listen to what you are told about what the team is actually doing.
I am paying attention. It's like the team is Jekyll and Hyde right now, though. Dr. Jekyll will lecture about the structure and measured approach to the calculated tear down we're doing, then he'll morph into Mr. Hyde, do a few things that absolutely run contrary to what Dr. Jekyll said, and so on. If this FO were acting consistently, cool! Sadly, it isn't.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am paying attention. It's like the team is Jekyll and Hyde right now, though. Dr. Jekyll will lecture about the structure and measured approach to the calculated tear down we're doing, then he'll morph into Mr. Hyde, do a few things that absolutely run contrary to what Dr. Jekyll said, and so on. If this FO were acting consistently, cool! Sadly, it isn't.

What are the inconsistencies?

Stout

Reaction score
What are the inconsistencies?
Burn it down and don't waste cap v re-sign the old fogeys. We need to strip it to the studs and only keep valuable long term contributors v letting the young talent walk. We need to build a long term core so we can compete starting in 2024 while only relying on the draft and ignoring you are allowed to sign long term young talent in FA--kind of like Denver and Minny did. Whether you agree with what they've done or how they've done it, those are inconsistencies.

It's alright to disagree. What's not alright is, as usual, folks trying to tell the doubters to shut up and that our concerns aren't valid for X, Y, Z reasons. Sadly, us doubters have a helluva good record versus the homers ;)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Burn it down and don't waste cap v re-sign the old fogeys. We need to strip it to the studs and only keep valuable long term contributors v letting the young talent walk. We need to build a long term core so we can compete starting in 2024 while only relying on the draft and ignoring you are allowed to sign long term young talent in FA--kind of like Denver and Minny did. Whether you agree with what they've done or how they've done it, those are inconsistencies.

It's alright to disagree. What's not alright is, as usual, folks trying to tell the doubters to shut up and that our concerns aren't valid for X, Y, Z reasons. Sadly, us doubters have a helluva good record versus the homers ;)

There are no inconsistencies.

Moving on from Conner and Ertz would be a net loss. They would cost more to replace with far worse players and guys like McBride (and I expect a rookie RB) would lose valuable vets to learn from. Also Ertz is injured and the extra guarantees and injury settlement makes it even more of a loss.

All the players we have signed except Hamilton are young. Certainly most the outside signings. White, Frodholt, Daley and Collier are all 26. I think the oldest is Pascal at 28. We having signed any old bandaids like Keim would.

Nobody is telling you to shut up, just that some of what you say is wrong. The cap savings, contract restructures and Conner and Ertz sticking are completely baseless complaints that are easily countered. There's no money savings, there's no future cap wasted, there's no benefits at all.

As is "We need to build a long term core so we can compete starting in 2024". If you were a good, young free agent, let's say Jamal Dean, Ben Powers or Mike Gesecki, and you have 5-6 teams interested would you choose the Cardinals with their injured starting QB and certain losing season? Would you choose to come here?

All this goes against what you said the last 2 months. You said you didn't expect them to make any major moves in free agency, that next year was a sure fire losing season and that this was going to take some time to turn around. So why the complaining now when exactly that is happening?

Stout

Reaction score
There are no inconsistencies.

Moving on from Conner and Ertz would be a net loss. They would cost more to replace with far worse players and guys like McBride (and I expect a rookie RB) would lose valuable vets to learn from. Also Ertz is injured and the extra guarantees and injury settlement makes it even more of a loss.

All the players we have signed except Hamilton are young. Certainly most the outside signings. White, Frodholt, Daley and Collier are all 26. I think the oldest is Pascal at 28. We having signed any old bandaids like Keim would.

Nobody is telling you to shut up, just that some of what you say is wrong. The cap savings, contract restructures and Conner and Ertz sticking are completely baseless complaints that are easily countered. There's no money savings, there's no future cap wasted, there's no benefits at all.

As is "We need to build a long term core so we can compete starting in 2024". If you were a good, young free agent, let's say Jamal Dean, Ben Powers or Mike Gesecki, and you have 5-6 teams interested would you choose the Cardinals with their injured starting QB and certain losing season? Would you choose to come here?

All this goes against what you said the last 2 months.
You said you didn't expect them to make any major moves in free agency, that next year was a sure fire losing season and that this was going to take some time to turn around. So why the complaining now when exactly that is happening?
...and Prater, and Clement, etc...but you're running around telling people they're wrong.

#2: Yeah, signing young talent on long-term vision is a challenge. Good thing we hired a FO whose job is to do exactly that. I guess we can't expect them to do their jobs? lol

You trying to say I'm being contradictory to my own wishes with this rebuild is hilarious. You're not just the Representative of All That Is Right And Wrong, but the keeper of my opinions. Nice try

I didn't expect them to make any major moves, nor am I advocating it now. Signing a handful of mid-level FAs to 3-4 year deals isn't the same as making "major moves." That is simply disingenuous and--wrong.

I'll play you're game, @BritCard You're wrong. The only two FA options aren't "major moves" and bargain-basement moves. False equivalence, my man.

But, please, go on and continue to pathetically try to tell people they're wrong and their own held opinions are totally worthless. It's entertaining.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...and Prater, and Clement, etc...but you're running around telling people they're wrong.

#2: Yeah, signing young talent on long-term vision is a challenge. Good thing we hired a FO whose job is to do exactly that. I guess we can't expect them to do their jobs? lol

You trying to say I'm being contradictory to my own wishes with this rebuild is hilarious. You're not just the Representative of All That Is Right And Wrong, but the keeper of my opinions. Nice try

I didn't expect them to make any major moves, nor am I advocating it now. Signing a handful of mid-level FAs to 3-4 year deals isn't the same as making "major moves." That is simply disingenuous and--wrong.

I'll play you're game, @BritCard You're wrong. The only two FA options aren't "major moves" and bargain-basement moves. False equivalence, my man.

But, please, go on and continue to pathetically try to tell people they're wrong and their own held opinions are totally worthless. It's entertaining.

Wow. Clement who's 28, you got me. And a 38 year old kicker when half the teams have kickers who are 30+ and it's the oldest position group in the league.

I didn't say you were wrong on everything. Just on those specific points regarding cap management and Ertz and Conner. Which to be honest, seem to be a basis for most of your arguments.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow. Clement who's 28, you got me. And a 38 year old kicker when half the teams have kickers who are 30+ and it's the oldest position group in the league.

I didn't say you were wrong on everything. Just on those specific points regarding cap management and Ertz and Conner. Which to be honest, seem to be a basis for most of your arguments.
Sure, if that's what you want to think. You're on your own planet at this point, so I'm not wasting more time on you with logic or polite arguing of points.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Personally I will reserve judgement until I see the week 1 roster. I get what they are doing but I also get why people are pissed off. No one likes watching their team lose, but maybe Gannon, Rallis etc are able to make average good. I have all fingers crossed