Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welp. If thats true, who would do this deal?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not just no.
For me it depends. If the choice is between this trade and giving Hop more years and money, you grit your teeth and take this trade. You simply cannot claim we're doing a rebuild and tearing it down while giving more years and money to an aging WR. The two do not correlate.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it depends. If the choice is between this trade and giving Hop more years and money, you grit your teeth and take this trade. You simply cannot claim we're doing a rebuild and tearing it down while giving more years and money to an aging WR. The two do not correlate.
I just don't think it is enough compensation and it is the wrong combination of players. If I am trading D-Hop, it is for draft picks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I just don't think it is enough compensation and it is the wrong combination of players. If I am trading D-Hop, it is for draft picks.
He wants another contract, which would be massively stupid for us to do and would run counter to our supposed current strategy. If the choice is to extend and pay or trade for peanuts, which would you prefer?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wants another contract, which would be massively stupid for us to do and would run counter to our supposed current strategy. If the choice is to extend and pay or trade for peanuts, which would you prefer?
Of those two. I keep him possibly extending.

Hopkins is worth more than peanuts.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5th + 2 expiring role players(one of them who has been not a total bust, but underwhelming to where he was picked, & another who just had a disastrous year). Hilarious.
So you'd rather get the 4th round pick instead (if that is indeed the case)?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fellas, who would trade for a 30 plus year old receiver who missed significant amount of time both of the past two seasons for anything more than a 4th 5th or sixth round?