I have chosen to be all in on Rosen

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The more I read about this kid, the more I hear from this kid, and the more complaints made against this kid.

The more I like him.

The complaint that Rosen comes from a rich family, and the whole "don't recruit kids with a two car garage and a long driveway" is working class hero insecurity bullcrap at its finest. Someone call Mike Rowe to wave a flag against Rosen.

You look at NFL QBs through the years, and there are plenty of rich kids.....and plenty of them in the Hall of Fame (no, not putting Rosen in the HOF, just making a point).

Thus I find that complaint, total B.S.

What? He won't "try hard enough" because he already has money ? OK. Then what drove him to work as hard as he has to get into UCLA, and to be a top 10 draft pick ?

Oh, and how about all those players who have lived the "hard life" ? Sure, they are going to work for that money..............once they get paid that money ? How many have you seen sit on that pay day and stop working ? Rosen is not going to do that, he has already lived a life with money, and knows how to handle that situation.

The next complaint is that Rosen rubs people the wrong way. That is a general statement, and so far the best specifics I have heard have been:

1. He is too cocky.

Uh, like a vast majority of players in the league ? Phillip Rivers ?

2. He is smart, and confident.

What ? Seriously, WHAT ? People are complaining Rosen is too smart? Really? Only in the US with our anti-intelligence, anti-science, and stupid is the new smart mantra's is this even brought into light as a viable complaint, and taken seriously. Personally, I find it great. I am 100% perfectly fine that we have a guy that is "too smart". The fact he may ruffle feathers because some football coach that has coached for a long time doesn't like that a young man can pick up concepts, understand them and question them in 10% of the time it took him to figure it out, aint' a Josh Rosen problem. That is a pride, and arrogance problem for people who are too insecure with their own intelligence and job status. One thing this world has taught me is while experience and time are great teachers, it doesn't mean a hell of a lot if the time spent and the experience gained is minimal and of no value. It is not Josh Rosen's job to care about catering to coaches and personnel that are not able to think and understand things as fast as him. Furthermore, it is complete crap that coach is going to slam a player because the player makes him look bad for not know the job as well as he should.

3. He is an millennial.

Like every other player drafted in this draft. WTF. BTW, being the generation between the Boomers and millennial has been an amazing situation. Trust me, Boomers have nothing to talk about when it comes to problems with a certain generation. Millennial have their issues, but so does every generation. Ridiculous claim.

Outside of that......what is there ?

Guy throws the football like Warren Moon. He has played in pro style offenses, and made pro style throws. His teammates had nothing but good things to say about him. He fessed up to be an arrogant punk when first coming to college as a freshman and owns up to it ?

Injuries are really the only concern I see with the guy, and again, all QBs get hurt. So, it is what it is.

Again, the more I read about Josh Rosen, the bigger fan I become. The fact he will be cast as a "villain" in the NFL. FINE BY ME. Keep slamming the guy, I guarantee it is just adding fuel to the fire to motivate Rosen to be better and better.

So, I hope the NFL keeps ripping on this kid, it just adds more motivation.

I 100% admit that I was a Lamar Jackson supporter. He was the QB I wanted, but I think we all got what we needed. Josh Rosen, I feel is the best QB prospect to come out of this draft, that has the chance to be something really special.

I cannot wait, and have seated myself right in the middle of his bandwagon.

PS - We are all going to be spoiled rotten for a few years if all the QB's in the NFC West pan out. Wilson, Goff, Jimmy G, and Rosen. Woah, that is a lot of young talent right there.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rugby, it shows that you are a Cardinals' fan. As I am, and agree with your assessment. I think that the Cleveland exec, who was told by an UCLA coach to speak with his girlfriend, and doesn't, but comes away with a bad feeling about Josh, speaks volumes.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stuff, I like Rosen. It was a terrific pick. It will be fun going to the games and seeing him play.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was convinced about him before this.

But this "Millennial" thing has gotta stop soon here. The term has become synonymous with "those damn kids" at this point, and it's encompassing everyone born from the early-80s to the 2000s? According to Pew Research Center, he's actually the next generation, not even a Millennial. But everyone is getting called that. I'm 10 years older than the kid and lumping me in with his generation when I have still-played videogame systems older than him is ridiculous.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, the more I read and hear the more I like him. He is who I wanted. Had day 1 of draft dvr'd, so when we traded up to take him, I woke my wife up to tell her the Cards drafted my guy.

If we keep him upright and healthy then this is going to be fun for the next decade.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All we can do is hope for the best. Our last 1st round QB didn't work out so well but maybe this time it will. You certainly can't question his gumption that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If you are a fan of this team I don’t think any of you really have a choice ... lol

Well yes and no.

You can root for your team even when you have a player you do not necessarily like. Michael Floyd is a good example, even before his problems I always had an issue with the pick, and never really liked him. Being a 1st round pick and being more of a role player was tough, but I found ways to enjoy his play because he was a Cardinal.

Josh Rosen, I am all in. Like the kid, and want to see him succeed. Think he was a great pick, and furthermore want to watch him prove his doubters wrong.

I was on the fence, now I am in the yard, cooking burgers, and putting the beers on ice. You want cheese with your burger, BTW ? :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Loved him before the draft. Didn’t think we had a shot at him. Was stoked we were able to land him. Not worried about the detractors. His teammates like him and he’s very bright. If McCoy can foster and focus his intelligence they can become a deadly combination . . . for Cardinals opponents.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
To me, Rosen was the second best QB in the draft behind Darnold, but the most pro-ready. He has guts and confidence, which is enough for me. There really isn't much he needs to work on in terms of technique, but rather, to get adjusted to the speed of the NFL game.

My only worry is about his level of patience sitting on the bench waiting for his turn, but given Bradford's injury history, he shouldn't have to wait long to get into a game.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Welcome to the club boys! Dont worry you will not be disappointed. This guy has the juice.

I was convinced about him before this.

But this "Millennial" thing has gotta stop soon here. The term has become synonymous with "those damn kids" at this point, and it's encompassing everyone born from the early-80s to the 2000s? According to Pew Research Center, he's actually the next generation, not even a Millennial. But everyone is getting called that. I'm 10 years older than the kid and lumping me in with his generation when I have still-played videogame systems older than him is ridiculous.

Yea im with you on this. Im considered a millennial and im nothing like the common stereotype you would think of. Its the younger of that group that gives us a bad name

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Welcome to the club boys! Dont worry you will not be disappointed. This guy has the juice.

Yea im with you on this. Im considered a millennial and im nothing like the common stereotype you would think of. Its the younger of that group that gives us a bad name
Even that is an over generalization. It's simply the people that perpetuate the stereotype that give us a bad name regardless of age.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’ve been for Rosen awhile. He’ll be the best QB in the draft.

Like you mentioned, there are no concerns with his on field performance.

I don’t think we have to worry about him going the Jamarcus Russell route.

Didn’t Peyton and Eli Manning come from a wealthy family?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really excited for the kid, love everything I read. Only drawbacks are the concussion worries and they need to curtail his habit of flinging the ball out when he is about to get hit. I like that he is willing to step into throws under pressure... I just wish the results included less turnovers and injuries.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Josh Rosen just has a face you want to punch. I totally get why he rubs people the wrong way.

Ben Roethlisberger is supposedly a ginormous a-hole. I remember years ago finding this blog written by a Pittsburgh radio personality that documented just how big of a jerk Ben R is. He's the guy who goes out with friends to restaurants, has a huge tab, belittles and talks crap to his waiter/waitress, and then tips $3. There were literally 100s of comments on the blog, and many were locals who had run into him and said he is the biggest jerk you will ever meet.

Well guess what? He won two Super Bowls, and I hope Rosen does the same.

What excites me is that Rosen could be this teams QB in the year 2030. This team hasn't had that kind of QB in my lifetime (I'm 37).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson