I don’t get the hate

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And let me explain it again. There are only 11 starters on defense. The idea of a "front 7" is at best a two run down mentality given that most teams run 3+ WR 70% of the time

So Hicks wasn't a thing. Unless the Campbell/Simmons spot didn't play.

Snap counts against Seattle week 11
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cardsw...1-defensive-snap-counts-and-observations/amp/

snap counts against the rams in week 13

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cardsw...4-defensive-snap-counts-and-observations/amp/

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this board has transformed into overtly negative about everything over the past year or 2. some here will disagree with every single thing we would have done tonight it it wasn't the the 1 prospect they wanted. ridiculous.

i used to take pride in being a dark sider, now we all are

I am usually all sunshine and puppies

I am such a homer I bought a Rosen jersey so who knows. Maybe Collins is a future all pro. He certainly seems bright

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
this board has transformed into overtly negative about everything over the past year or 2. some here will disagree with every single thing we would have done tonight it it wasn't the the 1 prospect they wanted. ridiculous.

Dude, we've been mediocre at best since 2015, how is it not appropriate to be negative?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
so you were going to complain no matter who the pick was because we've been mediocre since 2015
I had players I wanted us to take. We have glaring needs on this roster.

I don't pay attention to football just to complain, so... no.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

which point ? The one where you said Chandler/ Simmons / Golden was the base?

Well again Chandler would have played those snaps if he was available

I mean if your counter here is that a guy on IR didn't play then yay you win the smart award.

My actual point was that taking Collins removes a recently added starter from the mix and thus has minimal impact this year. It's taking Simmons after you sign Campbell and then being bewildered he doesn't play

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you realize we looked pathetic down the stretch, going 2-5, haven’t had a winning season since 2015, just had an off-season that would have been great in 2015, but it’s 2021 and our glory days and most of our FAs were years ago, right?

weird that people are on the darkside right now.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My actual point was that taking Collins removes a recently added starter from the mix and thus has minimal impact this year. It's taking Simmons after you sign Campbell and then being bewildered he doesn't play

what rookie would come in and be an instant starter? Serious question.

The Cardinals tried to start Simmons day one but it was clear that he wasn’t ready early on. He just wasn’t whether it was the lack of an off-season or whatever

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tampa just won a Superbowl with a rookie starter but from our pick on in order drafted

Toney.
Darrishaw
Harris.
Etienne.
Newsome
Bateman.

Potentially

Paye.
Farley
Rousseau
Leatherwood

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Base defense is now Nickel. It's why we took Byron Murphy at the start of round 2

So you have Zach Allen and Watt on the line.

You have Chandler, Simmons, and Golden.

So where does he play outside of sub packages unless it is at the expense of Golden?
Isn’t a nickleback usually four down linemen.... with two ilb’s and five db’s? Five db’s being why it’s called a nickle
Which in our case is usually actuall a 2-4-5 with our olb’s dropping in to play de

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Drafting a player in the 1st round to play a position with ZERO college snap-history. Cardinals. smh Seriously, how many times do you try pounding a square peg into a round hole before you learn this might not be the best strategy?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seriously, how many times do you try pounding a square peg into a round hole before you learn this might not be the best strategy?

I’ll use a calculator and break it down by century. Give me a couple weeks…

my guess we have far more straight up busts than square pegs

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I think with a real camp our LB group is gonna show big improvement especially with vets like Watt and Jones in the front 7.

I’m just thinking of all the possibilities with Jones and Watt what you can do with Simmons and Collins now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is Hicks replacement . They aren't moving him, he is the Mike LB per KK and Keim.

Darren Urban
Steve Keim said Zaven Collins will play MIKE linebacker next to Isaiah Simmons in the 3-4 alignment. Jordan Hicks is the current starter there now.
Kingsbury said who starts between Hicks and Collins will play out, but that Collins' intelligence is high and he expects Collins to pick up the game quickly and play a lot as a rookie.
Keim: "It's not like he's a projection" at that position. Compares to Tremaine Edmunds.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He is Hicks replacement . They aren't moving him, he is the Mike LB per KK and Keim.

Darren Urban
Steve Keim said Zaven Collins will play MIKE linebacker next to Isaiah Simmons in the 3-4 alignment. Jordan Hicks is the current starter there now.
Kingsbury said who starts between Hicks and Collins will play out, but that Collins' intelligence is high and he expects Collins to pick up the game quickly and play a lot as a rookie.
Keim: "It's not like he's a projection" at that position. Compares to Tremaine Edmunds.

2 straight ILBers drafted in the first round, when the second taken very much wasn't a glaring need, there were better options this year, we have a GLARING need at a position that still had 1st-round talent (CB) and the top RB available at another position of need, and, oh by the way, we have a young #1 pick QB on his first contract. Oof! Rough!

If I'm displeased (if unsurprised--Keim told EVERYONE what he's going to do ahead of time, again), @DVontel must have his head exploding right now.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The team says that he'll play the same position as Jordan Hicks. Now, in run defense, I thought Hicks played pretty well. But in pass defense, he was always a step (or two) slow. So, as he learns the position, I hope Collins is a better pass defender than Hicks. We'll see, and I have my fingers crossed that we'll have an offseason.