I do not want the following on this team next season.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
If the Cardinals had any semblance of a pass rush that didn't require blitzing, we wouldn't be so critical of Cro and PP. Bowles' defense really puts pressure on the DBs, and I for one will cut them some slack

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Cardinals had any semblance of a pass rush that didn't require blitzing, we wouldn't be so critical of Cro and PP. Bowles' defense really puts pressure on the DBs, and I for one will cut them some slack

Very true, Bowles has to send the kitchen sink in order to get pressure, we have been burned too many times doing this, teams are catching on.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think either Minter nor Carson is any less athletic than Foote, they just aren't as good at playing football, including sorting through blockers, tackling and moving decisively to the right place at the right time. Carson did do some ok tackling, but dragging down after initial contact versus standing someone up - that may be an athletic issue. Regardless, I could care less if either of them is on the roster next fall.

I `d like to see Carson get some more chances to see if he can help as a ST guy and backup ILB...........1 game is too soon to decide IMHO.As for Minter I think he plays out his rookie contract here and unless the light comes on he`s elsewhere.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I `d like to see Carson get some more chances to see if he can help as a ST guy and backup ILB...........1 game is too soon to decide IMHO.As for Minter I think he plays out his rookie contract here and unless the light comes on he`s elsewhere.

Agree on Carson, for a UDFA he made the team and actually led the team in tackles Sunday. I just think he needs a little more seasoning. He can replace Minter and at worse he is probably a little better than Minter. I think Carson can be a run plugger with a more athletic ILB next to him like DWash. Imagine if the defense had Foote and DWash at ILB. DWash really screwed this team and his teammates.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to see Cro gone. He will be VERY difficult to replace, and until we have a solid pass rush from the front 7 the CBs will continue to be on islands and tested often.

I don't see a replacement out there for him that would bring the value on the field for the money we'll likely have to pay. I say you drop Powers and put that cap savings toward re-signing Cro.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are thinking coaching overcomes talent, what we saw against SF might be the best we ever see from Lindley. He never completed 60% of his passes in college and it wasn't like he was playing in a power conference either. That accuracy can't be taught...Lindley is what he is, a fringe 3rd QB, he has the measurables you look for without the actual talent to take him any further.

Disagree. He's already shown progression in his skill level between his first start, the first half of the Seattle game and the 9ers game.

He has the tools to be a decent backup, not a fringe 3. However he would have to continually improve to be that. Not saying it will happen, just that it isn't impossible. I'm surprised at his showing last week.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't want to see Cro gone. He will be VERY difficult to replace, and until we have a solid pass rush from the front 7 the CBs will continue to be on islands and tested often.

I don't see a replacement out there for him that would bring the value on the field for the money we'll likely have to pay. I say you drop Powers and put that cap savings toward re-signing Cro.

Meh...Cromartie is a one dimensional player whose attitude isn't great for a defense. He is an asset, and at his salary this year was a nice signing, but I wouldn't pay him a cent more. This teams needs a LB overall and young leadership from the position as well more than a #2 CB who is marginally better than Powers.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Disagree. He's already shown progression in his skill level between his first start, the first half of the Seattle game and the 9ers game.

He has the tools to be a decent backup, not a fringe 3. However he would have to continually improve to be that. Not saying it will happen, just that it isn't impossible. I'm surprised at his showing last week.

Sure he showed progress from one of the worst QBs I had ever seen to simply one of the worst ones in the NFL. His 3 INTs were atrocious and can't be overlooked. This is a guy who could either end up at best a #3 for years or a guy who could be out of the NFL by the end of next training camp, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room there--it will all depend on where he is and who he is competing with.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure he showed progress from one of the worst QBs I had ever seen to simply one of the worst ones in the NFL. His 3 INTs were atrocious and can't be overlooked. This is a guy who could either end up at best a #3 for years or a guy who could be out of the NFL by the end of next training camp, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room there--it will all depend on where he is and who he is competing with.

His interceptions weren't nearly that bad. Stanton and Palmer have both thrown similar balls that should have been picked (or were picked).

Far too much being made about interceptions, IMO. QBs throw them...backup QBs throw a lot of them.

I was more impressed with his deep ball (his placement is terrible) and stepping up into the pocket. He's not as terrible as Derek Anderson, and not as skittish as Kevin Kolb. We have started both of those chumps in the past too. I was pleased with his development and have absolutely no emotion tied to the guy. He's not nearly as bad as its being made out to be. He ain't good, that's for sure, but I've seen a LOT worse trotted out there in the NFL and many of those on the Cardinals...including Rookie Lindley.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
His interceptions weren't nearly that bad. Stanton and Palmer have both thrown similar balls that should have been picked (or were picked).

Far too much being made about interceptions, IMO. QBs throw them...backup QBs throw a lot of them.

I was more impressed with his deep ball (his placement is terrible) and stepping up into the pocket. He's not as terrible as Derek Anderson, and not as skittish as Kevin Kolb. We have started both of those chumps in the past too. I was pleased with his development and have absolutely no emotion tied to the guy. He's not nearly as bad as its being made out to be. He ain't good, that's for sure, but I've seen a LOT worse trotted out there in the NFL and many of those on the Cardinals...including Rookie Lindley.

John Skelton had a game against the 49ers where he threw 3 TDs, 282 yards and completed 67% of his passes(and 2 ints)...that was an outlier and he looked better than Lindley from his first snap. Skelton is not on a roster as far as I know...Lindley's upside is about where Skelton's is.

I just have zero faith in Lindley stringing good starts together.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Powers isn't going anywhere. This staff loves him.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keep Minter

this was essentially his rookie year. Virtually all rookies, except for the special guys, struggle their rookie years.

2 new OLBs would help a ton. Right now we have the slowest pair in the NFL in Acho and Okafor. We really only have 2 speed guys on the entire D, PP and Deone. Thats why Wilson can scramble on us, because once he gets by our slow Dline and slow LBs, hes gone.

again, dont underestimate how important DWash was/is to our D. His speed was an X factor

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keep Minter

this was essentially his rookie year. Virtually all rookies, except for the special guys, struggle their rookie years.

2 new OLBs would help a ton. Right now we have the slowest pair in the NFL in Acho and Okafor. We really only have 2 speed guys on the entire D, PP and Deone. Thats why Wilson can scramble on us, because once he gets by our slow Dline and slow LBs, hes gone.

again, dont underestimate how important DWash was/is to our D. His speed was an X factor

Your soft spot for Minter is showing. Many rookie ILBers have made big impacts and countless have played better than he has thus far. IMO you are making excuses for a player you loved in college and have been defending since he became a Cardinal. I hope you are right and he gets it figured out but I'm not banking on him or DWashout at this point.

DWashout was the guy who kept Wilson and Kaperneck from gashing us with huge amounts scramble yardage. Los helped as well and both were great blitzers. Obviously this D missed them, especially the last 3 or 4 games of this season.

I like Okafor a lot and so I would prefer 1 OLB and 2 ILBers brought in this offseason.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I want to see Cro and PP together one more year (with hopefully a stud pass rusher and some LB help)

As bad as they were exposed this year, This defense still managed to give us a shot to win all but 2 or 3 games this season.

If Palmer was healthy all year, I truly believe we would have been a 13-14 win team.

I think most games where the D crapped the bed, you have to give them slack for the 3 and out machine that was our offense more times than not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard