OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pork is hard to plan with because the stall isn't consistent

I've definitely had lunch plans turn into dinner plans.

Not to mention it takes a minute to pull the meat

yeah I have people over at 1 so I want it to be cooked at 12 at the latest to give an hour to sit and then pull the meat so I will just start at 6pm tonight so 18 hours is noon tomorrow.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm quite excited as figuring this out and it coming out well can lead to me making large batches of home made carnitas tacos and more.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yum.

I bought my Camp Chef Woodwind and it should get here on Tuesday. Now to decide the first meat to be smoked!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 of them are done after 17 hours. The third is at 186 and staying on. It tastes AMAZING

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Beautiful! Sometimes I get the two pack from Costco and smoke 2 butts. I have one of those food saver vacuum sealers and the pork freezes great.

IMO with BBQ the most overlooked but important thing is making your own BBQ sauce. Fresh BBQ sauce makes a huge difference!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Sometimes I get the two pack from Costco and smoke 2 butts. I have one of those food saver vacuum sealers and the pork freezes great.

IMO with BBQ the most overlooked but important thing is making your own BBQ sauce. Fresh BBQ sauce makes a huge difference!
So we got through one shoulder, the second one I'll eat for a few days. The third one I split into thirds and put in gallon bags and froze. A food saver is probably a much better idea.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I bought a smoker 30 years ago. I smoked all kinds of meat on it. I loved the taste. My wife, her parents and out kids did not like it. I gave up and gave it to my neighbor. He gives me a plate each time he uses it. I guess it his to each his own, but I love the taste. ( I had been cooking on a smoker for years and my ex-wife and her family loved it but some things are better left unsaid. ;)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You need to do this.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Have an electric smoker (looks like a mini fridge) now.

Working to convince my wife to move up to a Yoders Smoker. They have a great pellet smoker line and I love some of their products.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I have no logical explanation why not, but no. This offends me to my soul and I'm taking a bold stand against smoked watermelon. :ban:
I was sooooo grossed out by this--you are NOT alone.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have an electric smoker (looks like a mini fridge) now.

Working to convince my wife to move up to a Yoders Smoker. They have a great pellet smoker line and I love some of their products.
Those things are pretty awesome (mini fridge smoker)

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a watermelon fan

Reaction score
I've never liked watermelon but for some reason I like watermelon flavored hard candy. Never liked mush melon either.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many smoker threads. I guess I will just post to mine that I made because I clearly didn't bother to search for "bought a smoker" threads before I made it.

Pork shoulders were .88 a lb again last night at frys and I have birthday parties coming up in about 10 days so I am about to throw another 24lbs of pork on the trager again real soon here :)

Last time I did end up freezing bags at about 3lbs each and then I would thaw one bag and just simmer all the pulled pork in 505 green chili sauce with added onions, garlic and corn. SO damn good. doing the same with all the leftovers this time too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. I wonder if there is a shortage here or something. I can't get pork shoulders for 88c like I used to be able to in AZ. For shame.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson