ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miami v VT
Georgia V Florida
Oklahoma v Oklahoma St
USC v Washington St

To a lesser extent:
FSU v Notre Dame

These games could really throw the BCS into chaos. OSU has beaten OU the past 2 years. Will VT step up their game or have the folded up the tents already? PAC10 title on line.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge Weekend for BCS bowls.

Miami @ VT. VT got whacked by West Virginia. WVU almost beat Miami. Neither team is as good as advertised.

Hope: VT win.
Reality: Unless VT gets their D in order, big Miami win.

Georgia vs Florida. Cocktail bowl has real meaning this year. Bulldogs banged up, Florida playing well as of late.

Hope: Florida win
Reality: Which Florida team shows up? If the team that has played the past two weeks does, look for Fla to continue their domination of this series.

Oklahoma vs Oklahoma St Game of the week. Oklahoma has shown they are the best team by far in the nation. OSU should be undefeated, but a bad opening performance against Nebraska blew the opportunity to be undefeated. OSU has won the past two games, and has a better team this year.

Hope: OSU wins, just to screw up the BCS
Reality: OU is too strong.

USC vs Washington State Two teams that are kicking themselves for not being undefeated. WSU had a tough opening loss to a mediocre Notre Dame team, USC lost in OT to Cal.
Washington State takes this one, but barely.

Florida State vs Notre Dame I have to root for ND on this one - FSU is in line for the title game if either Miami or OKLA stumbles, and FSU does not deserve to be there.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you (meaning the generic you) are a proponent of a football playoff in college, then an OSU victory and a VT victory are right up your alley. Those two things happening would open up the playoff talk again...moreso than any other year. I am all for a playoff but only if the opportunities of playing for the title are equal across the D1 spectrum.

I was going to mention the Georgia/Florida game being the World's Largest Cocktail Party but editted it out before posting it.

I cannot wait for this weekend's games.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a big proponent of a DI-A playoff system - one that gives the Mountain West, CUSA, WAC etc a REAL chance to get in.

I would do a 16 team playoff, giving autobids to the champions of the Big 6, plus MAC, MWC, C-USA. WAC and Sunbelt would have to have either a play-in game, or be selected based on RPI.

This would still leave 6 at-large spots for 2nd/3rd place teams.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, the anti-BCS crowd has gotten their wish. Miami just got pummelled

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Well, the anti-BCS crowd has gotten their wish. Miami just got pummelled

USC and OKLA are pretty clear to me they are the best two teams in the country. If FSU stays in front of USC in the BCS standings, it will raise a lot of hell, because FSU is NOT one of the best two teams in the US.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort