Hopkins' Contract

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Despite all this I’m hearing the Cards are still holding him for better than a late second round that’s being speculated. I heard Tennessee has offered pick 42. I‘m still hearing a low round 1 is possible. It’s an open bidding war if the Cards stay patient. No rush until the draft.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tennessee makes zero sense. They traded Brown because they didn't want to pay him. So why trade for a much older WR with a PED suspension on his record to pay him $20 million in 2023 while Browns cap hit isn't much more.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Despite all this I’m hearing the Cards are still holding him for better than a late second round that’s being speculated. I heard Tennessee has offered pick 42. I‘m still hearing a low round 1 is possible. It’s an open bidding war if the Cards stay patient. No rush until the draft.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Look at this list! Hell, you might even get a 2 back for Hollywood at this point.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Tennessee makes zero sense. They traded Brown because they didn't want to pay him. So why trade for a much older WR with a PED suspension on his record to pay him $20 million in 2023 while Browns cap hit isn't much more.
Tennessee makes a lot of sense. Vrabel was visibly upset at the Brown trade...their offense suffered and the GM lost his job. This would be a swing for the fences move, for the new GM to prove he's got the coaches back.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tennessee makes a lot of sense. Vrabel was visibly upset at the Brown trade...their offense suffered and the GM lost his job. This would be a swing for the fences move, for the new GM to prove he's got the coaches back.
Let me add this then. The team has no cap money, only about $5 after the rookie pool and still have Julio Jones on the books for $10 million in dead money this up coming season. They aren't trading for a guy to have to clear space when they have other holes and the Hopkins is a bad test from a year suspension.

This is why the Giants make the most sense. They have just under $50 million in space and can afford the risk..

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let me add this then. The team has no cap money, only about $5 after the rookie pool and still have Julio Jones on the books for $10 million in dead money this up coming season. They aren't trading for a guy to have to clear space when they have other holes and the Hopkins is a bad test from a year suspension.

This is why the Giants make the most sense. They have just under $50 million in space and can afford the risk..

Why so emphatic?

Harry has simply reported a rumour that Tenn has put draft pick #42 in play, and if they have then it should go without saying there's a plan to manage the Cap implications. It's a question of priority followed by creative accounting, and it's done every year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why so emphatic?

Harry has simply reported a rumour that Tenn has put draft pick #42 in play, and if they have then it should go without saying there's a plan to manage the Cap implications. It's a question of priority followed by creative accounting, and it's done every year.

Why can't I have an opinion?

I am providing facts to support my opinion, but that seem to bother you and now you're getting personal. I pointed out why I feel Tennessee doesn't make sense. Why does thst bother you?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why can't I have an opinion?

I am providing facts to support my opinion, but that seem to bother you and now you're getting personal. I pointed out why I feel Tennessee doesn't make sense. Why does thst bother you?

It's hardly personal to point out that GMs for this or that team may have priorities you are not privy to and can find ways to bring Dhop into their fold should they choose.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

We see teams every year, who are at or over the cap, figure out ways to trade for or sign big FAs... And each year ASFN has threads and comments like, 'I wish the Cardinals had a GM who could do that....'

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We see teams every year, who are at or over the cap, figure out ways to trade for or sign big FAs... And each year ASFN has threads and comments like, 'I wish the Cardinals had a GM who could do that....'

Long story short, if you're a team with unlimited cash, you can magically wash away all your problems! Unfortunately our owner is the opposite of these owners, and we play by traditional rules. (lose)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Long story short, if you're a team with unlimited cash, you can magically wash away all your problems! Unfortunately our owner is the opposite of these owners, and we play by traditional rules. (lose)

Well, the 'magic' can become the illusion that it is.

RAMS are a cautionary tale albeit after a Super Bowl win.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

Assuming they’re not offering 26, the best they’ve got is pick 58.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

They are rumored to be considering moving on from Tannehill. Dupree is also on thin ice. Both would be cap hits. They’d be easier after June 1, but you don’t lose a player you want because of it. Hopkins could restructure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are rumored to be considering moving on from Tannehill. Dupree is also on thin ice. Both would be cap hits. They’d be easier after June 1, but you don’t lose a player you want because of it. Hopkins could restructure.

Rumors today are that Titans are sticking with Tannehill. They don't have much option really with $19m dead cap and god awful Malik Willis as the only alternative.

They keep Tannehill and add Hopkins and that division is open for them with Henry and Burks too.

Colts and Texans going to struggle with rookies and new coaches. Vrabel quite rightly thinks it can be them or the Jags for the division. Vrabel doesn't seem like the type to accept being trash.

They had a lot of injuries last year too, especially on defense, so possible they can content in that division with everyone healthy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumors today are that Titans are sticking with Tannehill. They don't have much option really with $19m dead cap and god awful Malik Willis as the only alternative.

They keep Tannehill and add Hopkins and that division is open for them with Henry and Burks too.

Colts and Texans going to struggle with rookies and new coaches. Vrabel quite rightly thinks it can be them or the Jags for the division. Vrabel doesn't seem like the type to accept being trash.

They had a lot of injuries last year too, especially on defense, so possible they can content in that division with everyone healthy.

I take it back...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I take it back...

On saying that this is a good RB class and Henry is 29. Shopping 29 year old RB's is something everyone should do.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who plays LT for them or Center? I could see Humphries traded there before Hopkins. Jones showed that he can step in at LT and has been horrible at RT.

Again, just my opinion.

But thank you for actually debating with facts. I do appreciate that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who plays LT for them or Center? I could see Humphries traded there before Hopkins. Jones showed that he can step in at LT and has been horrible at RT.

Again, just my opinion.

But thank you for actually debating with facts. I do appreciate that.

Don't forget to thank BRITCARD, who has taken apart your assertions about the so-called 'Patriot Way.' ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard