Hopkins' Contract

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol “hope and a prayer” he will be 31 when the season starts plenty of references out there of 31+ year old, wide, receivers falling off a cliff with performance just look at AJ Green as a shining example
Yay! Quebec just showed you Larry Fitz #'s that were great in those years! Do you think Hop is more like Larry or AJ?
Trade him while he still has value.
For what? What is your replacement plan?
Extending him another 3-4 years is plain silly.
What if he continues to produce as a top WR?
This coming season is a freaking waste anyway, and we all know it.
Be pushing 33 before this team is in a possible position to compete.
Who's to say? All I've heard is Kyler will miss half the season, and now he's riding a bike like he's on the Tour De France. Last year was a Murphy's law type year, from a player dying in the offseason, to the Hop suspension, etc. Quick turnarounds in the NFL are possible, and the NFC so far is not that impressive.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay! Quebec just showed you Larry Fitz #'s that were great in those years! Do you think Hop is more like Larry or AJ?

For what? What is your replacement plan?

What if he continues to produce as a top WR?

Who's to say? All I've heard is Kyler will miss half the season, and now he's riding a bike like he's on the Tour De France. Last year was a Murphy's law type year, from a player dying in the offseason, to the Hop suspension, etc. Quick turnarounds in the NFL are possible, and the NFC so far is not that impressive.
Fits is the exception, not the rule…Far and away

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how you guys don’t learn from the mistakes of holding on to Peterson & Chandler for too long lol

I think most of us are expecting a rebuild without actually doing rebuild-things.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For all of you, here are his numbers:
2023 Total Cap Hit: $30.75M
If Cut or Traded before June 1st, there is a $22.6M in Dead Money and a $8.15M cap savings
If Cut or Traded after June 1st, there is a $11.3M in Dead Money and a $19.45M in cap savings.

And if he's restructured, it's a $9.1m Cap saving in 2023.

I'd say the post-June 1 option exists but is the most unlikely. The Cards, IMO, would want draft compensation in the upcoming draft and are not going to let him go for no return.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how you guys don’t learn from the mistakes of holding on to Peterson & Chandler for too long lol

I think most of us are expecting a rebuild without actually doing rebuild-things.
Yup 1000%

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could also just as easily end up like Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Chad Johnson, Julio Jones, & even more aka dominating WRs at their peak but fell off around the same age Hop is at right now.
Bingo

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You overestimate and place too much trust when he’s already been caught using
Meh, he was caught with trace amounts of Ostarine. It's in most pre-workouts and there is no evidence it actually even works.

"People use ostarine for athletic performance, involuntary weight loss due to illness, breast cancer, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses."

Honestly not sure why someone with Hopkins resources would use something this flimsy to cheat.

For the record, I'm ok to move on though. We need to rebuild/retool.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give this one a rest. Yes, he used it as part of his rehab.

It's not a crack addiction!
Mmm hmmm it’s was performance enhancing which is an indicator of fallen performance. Who said anything about street drugs? You can’t let it rest the next one if nabbbed again is a full season minimum.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, he was caught with trace amounts of Ostarine. It's in most pre-workouts and there is no evidence it actually even works.

"People use ostarine for athletic performance, involuntary weight loss due to illness, breast cancer, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses."

Honestly not sure why someone with Hopkins resources would use something this flimsy to cheat.
And one more and it’s still a year. Even if by “accident”

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And one more and it’s still a year. Even if by “accident”
I agree there. He made a dumb mistake and it could hurt us more down the road. But i honestly don't feel he purposely tried to cheat.

Now, let's get some capital back while we can and start to build a solid football foundation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Hopkins and his style of play are more likely to produce 3 years from now, than not.
In a perfect world, probably. Unfortunately, once the hamstrings start to have issues, those issues will linger. He has a really long stride, and hamstring issues can lead to knee issues, especially with that stride. Not saying it will happen, but I could see him missing 3-4 games a season from nagging hamstring issues going forward.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, probably. Unfortunately, once the hamstrings start to have issues, those issues will linger. He has a really long stride, and hamstring issues can lead to knee issues, especially with that stride. Not saying it will happen, but I could see him missing 3-4 games a season from nagging hamstring issues going forward.
If anyone knew for certain, they'd be psychic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn