Homeland (SHO) - thread contains spoilers

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do still enjoy the show, but season 1 was reaching "Breaking Bad" territory. Season 2 is definitely not up to that level. But it's still really, really good compared to a lot of the crap that's on.

I just hope it doesn't start to turn into 24.

i can agree with this. i actually thought it was approaching that level again and hit its high point during the episode where Carrie finally broke Brody in the interrogation room, but every since they "turned" him it hasn't been quite the same.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Maybe its just me but I dont like the Carrie Brody love angle and its just setting up for an epic failure and another psychotic break for her and what happens once the attack doesnt happen? Does this turn into a love story? You cant just create another terrorist angle with a new group its based all upon the Abu Nazeer and Brody relationship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do we know if the VP is actually dead or not? I REALLY hope they don't do something where the VP is in a coma or something and then Brody has to kill him again before he wakes up kinda thing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do we know if the VP is actually dead or not? I REALLY hope they don't do something where the VP is in a coma or something and then Brody has to kill him again before he wakes up kinda thing.

I think he's dead. I think Brody waited until he was dead to go for help. But...you know how those darn TV writers are... :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that finale was a big ball of MEH!

and for those of you who might not know and think Saul's the mole because he was speaking arabic, that wasn't arabic. It was hebrew and he was saying the prayer of the dead.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that finale was a big ball of MEH!

and for those of you who might not know and think Saul's the mole because he was speaking arabic, that wasn't arabic. It was hebrew and he was saying the prayer of the dead.

It was MEH? Thought it rocked...I mean, they killed all kinds of people :)

The Hebrew stuff was fantastic. Saul's character is so amazing, I love any second he's on screen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm... so, I just watched this episode again... and that scene between Saul and Carrie (you're the smartest and dumbest ##### person I know is pretty interesting.

First... Saul offers Carrie station chief and she says how did you get that past Estes... Saul says he hasn't yet... then offers a couple excuses why he'll get it done AND he invites her to Nazir's burial.

Now BOTH of those things could be considered normal... Carrie's responsible for getting Nazir and he's been her entire life for 10 years, so maybe it's natural for Saul to invite her to the funeral... BUUUUUUUT...

Was that seeds planted in that scene to reveal Saul as the mole in the future? Think about it... who the hell is left in the agency? He tells Carrie he's going to make her station chief even though he hasn't talked to Estes about it. Does he make that offer because he KNOWS Estes is about to die in that explosion? And he invites Carries to Nazir's funeral so that she won't be at the VP's with everyone who he knows is about to die.

And then he just becomes furious with her when she says she's picked Brody. Telling her "you're throwing your life away".

I don't know... but there could have been more to Saul's grief over Carrie's death and relief at her reappearance. We know he has the softest spot in the world for her and if he is the mole, it would have crushed him to send her to her death, coming at his hands.

Just something to think about.

[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm... so, I just watched this episode again... and that scene between Saul and Carrie (you're the smartest and dumbest ##### person I know is pretty interesting.

First... Saul offers Carrie station chief and she says how did you get that past Estes... Saul says he hasn't yet... then offers a couple excuses why he'll get it done AND he invites her to Nazir's burial.

Now BOTH of those things could be considered normal... Carrie's responsible for getting Nazir and he's been her entire life for 10 years, so maybe it's natural for Saul to invite her to the funeral... BUUUUUUUT...

Was that seeds planted in that scene to reveal Saul as the mole in the future? Think about it... who the hell is left in the agency? He tells Carrie he's going to make her station chief even though he hasn't talked to Estes about it. Does he make that offer because he KNOWS Estes is about to die in that explosion? And he invites Carries to Nazir's funeral so that she won't be at the VP's with everyone who he knows is about to die.

And then he just becomes furious with her when she says she's picked Brody. Telling her "you're throwing your life away".

I don't know... but there could have been more to Saul's grief over Carrie's death and relief at her reappearance. We know he has the softest spot in the world for her and if he is the mole, it would have crushed him to send her to her death, coming at his hands.

Just something to think about.

[/spoiler]

Hot damn that's interesting and good shiz dude.

The only downside is...he was in lockup for like three days. How did he orchestrate that unless he was just the mole.

I also feel like it would KILL ME if he turned out to be working for terrorists because I LOVE that character so much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot damn that's interesting and good shiz dude.

The only downside is...he was in lockup for like three days. How did he orchestrate that unless he was just the mole.

this is a good point. don't know.

I also feel like it would KILL ME if he turned out to be working for terrorists because I LOVE that character so much.

yeah... he's the best character in the show. there's just something VERY off-putting about his smile at the end of the episode.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a good point. don't know.

yeah... he's the best character in the show. there's just something VERY off-putting about his smile at the end of the episode.

Like he was surprised or hoping she wouldn't be there?

Interesting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like he was surprised or hoping she wouldn't be there?

Interesting.

I think he's genuinely relieved... but it could be because of what I said earlier. even if he's the mole, he genuinely didn't want her there in the first place.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's genuinely relieved... but it could be because of what I said earlier. even if he's the mole, he genuinely didn't want her there in the first place.

Well yeah...but if he was a true mole, a true terrorist...why would he want the one person around who knows him the best? She'd see right through him.

I dunno...I like what you are saying, but I also think it may not have been that deep.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yeah...but if he was a true mole, a true terrorist...why would he want the one person around who knows him the best? She'd see right through him.

I dunno...I like what you are saying, but I also think it may not have been that deep.

and THAT is why we come back for season 3!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Just watched it last night. Damn! One of the best season finales of any show I've seen. All season long, we've been marching toward one inevitable conclusion (you know what I mean). And in the last thirty minutes, everything turns on its head.

Wow.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think Cheese is right esp when saul says you cant see whats right in front of your face. There are so many things in that one conversation that it is hard for me to believe that it is not Saul. This is kind of like Dexter the detective who doesnt know her brother is a serial killer. The best CIA agent ever cant see her mentor is a terrorist.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What confirmed it for me was Saul's conversation with his wife. He knew the tragedy would draw her back to him.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
What confirmed it for me was Saul's conversation with his wife. He knew the tragedy would draw her back to him.

I was thinking of that when it happened too :thumbup: You could kind of see it coming ever since he couldnt do that first polygraph test. He is such a calm and cool guy then all of a sudden he is too upset and angry to be tested when everyone else was didnt jive for me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Great finale. Good season.

Here is a nice read about some of your suspicions and what might be coming in season 3.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/homeland-producers-alex-gansa-and-howard-gordon-on-brodys-future-sauls-loyalties-and-more-from-season-2

The (very vague) plan for season 3 so far is to deal with the rebuilding of the CIA in the wake of Nazir's attack. For now, at least, Saul is the acting director, though that's a politically appointed position under normal circumstances. If they can work out a deal with actor F. Murray Abraham, they might bring Dar Adal out of retirement to help staff up the Agency — and provide conflict with Saul — but the goal in the short term will be to show Carrie and Saul dealing with this strange new world, and possibly going after a different kind of target.

(Speaking of which, that happened again in this finale, where Saul again recites the Kaddish prayer, and because the Aramaic of the prayer sounds a lot like Arabic, some viewers who don't recognize the prayer as a Jewish one took this as evidence that Saul was secretly working for Nazir.)

Because of that — and because Gordon and Gansa used to work on "24," a show that took great advantage of the idea that almost anyone (except Jack and Chloe) could prove to be a mole at any time — I asked whether they were ever frustrated that their audience wouldn't take certain events at face value.

"I think the shows are viewed similarly and dissimilarly," said Gordon. "I think we've educated an audience with a vocabulary of paranoia. I think people become much more active viewers on a show like this. They're looking for behaviors and twists, and sometimes seeing things that aren't there. I think it's an advantage, that they're paying such close attention. I don't know that it's frustrating. It's more surprising than frustrating. I think on balance it's a good thing. It means people are engaging with what they're watching... But I think we're all stunned sometimes by the interpretation of meaning."

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I watched both seasons in about a week and it is easily one of my favorite shows. Claire Danes is absolutely phonomenal in this. Can't wait untill season 3 starts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So season 3 starts with more from the horrible daughter character. Ugh.

And Carrie is fast becoming as annoying as the daughter.

I think Carrie is the terrorist or at least should be imprisoned for her work "for" the terrorists.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't know how much more crazy Carrie I can take.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Both Carrie and Brodie locked up. Not very fun TV when the two main characters are not able to run around in the middle of international chaos.

Hoping we get to the good stuff soon. I can't take much more of Dana and her selfies.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Carrie and Brodie locked up. Not very fun TV when the two main characters are not able to run around in the middle of international chaos.

Hoping we get to the good stuff soon. I can't take much more of Dana and her selfies.
I think Brodie's situation is awesome, but that is just me. I am just glad to have him back.

And why in the world wasn't Dana's mom, whatever her name is, more mad at Dana who should be facing criminal charges for breaking into the loony bin?

And can terrorists PLEASE hurry up and take Dana and the useless brother somewhere the cameras can't go?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose