Homeland (SHO) - thread contains spoilers

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But isn't that the case for just about every TV show thread on here? That's just the nature of this forum. Personally if I'm behind on a show I avoid reading that thread.

That's just common sense. We can't have that here !!

:sarcasm:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great episode. Funny how they made us think that he was on the run with the previews last week when that isnt the case at all. Apparently Saul can be trusted!

AZZenny

Reaction score
Lebanon considers suing Showtime's 'Homeland'

They are outraged that it made Beirut - downtown Beirut, a safe and cosmopolitan place, and busy Hamra street no less - look like it's violent and overrun with militant thugs and that Hezbollah controls the streets. (Also offended it was filmed in Israel.)

Same news-cycle:

Massive car-bomb rocks downtown Beirut; 7 dead, 80 injured.

Hamra Street was where Christopher Hitchens, Michael Totten, and a another journalist were threatened, chased, and beaten by a group of militant thugs 2-3 years ago.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Excellent. I'm enjoying this season a lot. The show has surprised me -- They've already short-circuited a couple plot-lines they could have milked for at least several episodes.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brilliant episode. This show is just getting better and better.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT:

I just watched the first two episodes of this season. How is someone going to send a text message from deep in a government building (on a 3G network) in a room full of the Joint Chiefs and have it get all the way around the world to Lebanon?!?!?!

Otherwise, this show is good TV. :)

AZZenny

Reaction score
Yeah, there are occasional gaffes like that which bother me -- an AQ head honcho would never have a Hezbollah 'district commander' as his confidant, much less his lieutenant; no one would ever be left unattended in David Estes' office... But aside from those minor glosses, yes - good TV.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there are occasional gaffes like that which bother me -- an AQ head honcho would never have a Hezbollah 'district commander' as his confidant, much less his lieutenant; no one would ever be left unattended in David Estes' office... But aside from those minor glosses, yes - good TV.
Thanks. Just needed to confirm I wasn't being nitpicky.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scenes with the daughter and her boyfriends feel like a complete waste of my time.

"Dad, are you okay?"

Blech...:)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scenes with the daughter and her boyfriends feel like a complete waste of my time.

"Dad, are you okay?"

Blech...:)

Thanks for the insight. That was compelling and rich!

AZZenny

Reaction score
The acting on this show is incredible. And they're ratcheting up the sense of threat, as all else seems to be spinning into chaos, just right.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to recent events involving the CIA, I take back my statements about certain activities between characters being unbelievable.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I love the show but I dont know how long I really want to see a Carrie and Brody romance. I perfered it when they were going after each other. Interesting to see where the story can go though because they can only drag out the terrorist attack for so long.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I think the Carrie-Brody thing will heat up and melt down in unpredictable ways. He is using her more than the reverse, and she really is the more emotionally and professionally vulnerable of the two. Her connecting with Mike -- wishing him well re: the wife -- was a fascinating little tweak. That will yield.

Brody stole CIA secrets for Nazir's people, still to be revealed - he failed to mention that, right? Suicide vest still unaccounted for. And we still don't know who the inside CIA leak is - or if he was someone offed at G-burg.

I think the way the VP is handling the hit-and-run is going to push Brody hard back towards Nazir, at which point he becomes a triple agent.

And Mulli - I have learned over the last few years that almost nothing in fiction is as far-fetched and convoluted as reality.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon further review, since I am now just an episode or two behind, there were not that many spoilers in this thread.

My apologies. :)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Last episode seemed to have that "24" feel. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last episode seemed to have that "24" feel. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
I was thinking the same thing, at least during the first half. But I think they recovered nicely.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I do still enjoy the show, but season 1 was reaching "Breaking Bad" territory. Season 2 is definitely not up to that level. But it's still really, really good compared to a lot of the crap that's on.

I just hope it doesn't start to turn into 24.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard