Homeland (SHO) - thread contains spoilers

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best show on TV right now. They did a great job of subtly refocusing the storyline from whether or not Brody has been turned to the actual terrorist plot. I don't think this show could have lasted very long if it was all about Brody. But now they were able to reveal what really happened to Brody as part of a bigger storyline.

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
Now we find that Brody was (is) part of the scheme. Even better. I'm not sold on Saul's patriotism.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Claire Danes was absolutely amazing in the last episode.

yup.

I kinda think they gave away wayyyyyyyyyyy too much in the preview for the next episode. that being said, i'm dying to see it and i'm sure they'll pull a rabbit out of their hat that i don't see coming.

it's crazy... either way... brody pulls the trigger, or doesn't pull the trigger... i'm probably going to be pretty entertained/surprised. that probably speaks how well they've written that character and not just painted in broad strokes.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I'm 9 episodes in and this show is fantastic. Don't want to read this thread and spoil anything. It's approaching Breaking Bad status IMO. (Not quite as good. But very close.)

I'm just hoping that they don't get too crazy with the plot and it goes the way of 24.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dayum that was good!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
So next episode is the finale? I didn't watch the preview since I've read that it gives away too much.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So looking forward to next season of this. My biggest complaint is that they gave way too much away in the teaser for the finale. Without seeing some scenes in the teaser, I would have fallen out of my seat instead of just sitting on its edge.

Mandy for Best Actor should be all but sewn up now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome finale. one of the best first year shows ever.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I refused to watch any of the teasers, since I know they tend to give too much away. Finale was awesome. The show and actors are going to get a ton of awards.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great finale. Those scenes in the bunker were intense. I really liked how they resolved that situation with Brody and his daughter. That would not have happened on 24.

For next season, it does leave Brody still in the same place as before, without no one other than Carrie (and perhaps his daughter to some extent) suspecting him of anything (and it will take Carrie some time to remember the connection she made). I don't know if that's good or bad.

I did have one small qualm about this two-step terrorist attack plan. If their intention was to take out a bunch of high value targets, why not have Walker shoot the vice president first and let Brody take out whomever was left in the bunker afterwards. That would have a much higher probability of success in terms of eliminating the highest priority targets. Of course it wouldn't work as far as the show's storyline.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great finale. Those scenes in the bunker were intense. I really liked how they resolved that situation with Brody and his daughter. That would not have happened on 24.

For next season, it does leave Brody still in the same place as before, without no one other than Carrie (and perhaps his daughter to some extent) suspecting him of anything (and it will take Carrie some time to remember the connection she made). I don't know if that's good or bad.

I did have one small qualm about this two-step terrorist attack plan. If their intention was to take out a bunch of high value targets, why not have Walker shoot the vice president first and let Brody take out whomever was left in the bunker afterwards. That would have a much higher probability of success in terms of eliminating the highest priority targets. Of course it wouldn't work as far as the show's storyline.

I can give you one scenario to justify how they did it.

Brody wanted to avenge the death of Isa by taking out the man who ordered the strike. That was a big part of his motivation for going through with the plan to begin with. :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Watched the last 5 episodes today back to back to back to back to back.

Awesome.

Mandy Patinkin (sp?) was great.
Damian Lewis was awesome.
but Claire Danes blew them both away IMO. I never saw that coming.

They all deserve Emmy's.

Great ending also.... Her making the connection right before she's pumped full of juice.

I cant wait to see where they take it in season 2.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit TV series 'Homeland' heading to Israel

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=710624&ocid=ansent11

The hit TV series "Homeland" is heading home — to Israel.

Showtime says its Golden Globe-winning thriller will film part of its second season in Israel. It's adapted from the Israeli drama "Prisoners of War." The network says "Homeland" is its highest-rated new drama series ever.

"Homeland" is one of several American TV shows inspired by Israeli programs in recent years.

The network says the second season of "Homeland" will premiere on Sept. 30.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I was curious if the original show, Hatufim (The Kidnapped) was available with English subtitles, and ran across this - an interesting article, I thought.
Sounds like the two series have very different style and focus.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/the_ticket/item/gilad_shalit_and_israeli_tvs_searing_prisoners_of_war_20111031/
I know a former POW who was held in Syria, and he said pretty much these same things.

Turns out season one is being shown in England with subtitles already, but not available here yet.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I'm about 2/3rds through the season 1 DVD, and the show is outstanding -- exceptionally well-written and acted. Damian Lewis' portrayal of PTSD is just about the best I've ever seen. As a professional I'm having trouble figuring out just what mental illness Carrie is supposed to have, though I 'buy' her character otherwise. I gather (from reading this thread) that may become a little clearer at the end, since they're making a big deal about her access to meds.

Later - OK, got it. Well done.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about four episodes into season 1. NO WAY is this better than Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Sorry, I just don't see it. The leads are good, but come on now.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I am about four episodes into season 1. NO WAY is this better than Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Sorry, I just don't see it. The leads are good, but come on now.

Different strokes.

I think it's very, very close to Breaking Bad. Season 1 was on par IMO. The season 2 premier was good, but not great.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different strokes.

I think it's very, very close to Breaking Bad. Season 1 was on par IMO. The season 2 premier was good, but not great.
Some of the interactions between the two leads are just too unbelievable. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard