Homeland (SHO) - thread contains spoilers

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different strokes.

I think it's very, very close to Breaking Bad. Season 1 was on par IMO. The season 2 premier was good, but not great.

After watching a few more episodes, I think you are right.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm surprised tat he has been outed this early in season 2. Interesting. Could be a short run show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****!!!!!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This is probably my favorite show on TV now...what a great episode!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is probably my favorite show on TV now...what a great episode!

It was great. But I just don't see how this goes much longer than two or three seasons. Especially since Brody has already been outed.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It was great. But I just don't see how this goes much longer than two or three seasons. Especially since Brody has already been outed.

That's OK, Sleeper Cell is still one of my favorite shows ever and it lasted only 2 seasons, they quit while it was still good. This show is destined to resolve itself early and that's fine as I can't see how they could keep the Brody and Carrie dynamic going for an extended period.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brody's not the only baddie in the group... there's still a mole inside the government. I trust these guys, who have done a brilliant job so far, have enough twists and turns planned that they won't be out of a job within the next two seasons.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brody's not the only baddie in the group... there's still a mole inside the government. I trust these guys, who have done a brilliant job so far, have enough twists and turns planned that they won't be out of a job within the next two seasons.

Hope you're right it's a great show.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

I have never fully trusted Saul and so far he is the only one to see Brody's video, nobody else even knows of its existence.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never fully trusted Saul and so far he is the only one to see Brody's video, nobody else even knows of its existence.

What do you mean by haven't trusted him? In what way?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

there were a couple things last year that were shaded against Saul... can't remember what they were tho. one of them had to do with the prisoner who ended up dead i think.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

The failed polygraph, his quick dismissing of Carries theories, the way he handled the prisoner and what is the back story with his wife? They introduced her for a couple episodes and then she left him, didn't seem to tie in to anything, maybe they were setting something up.

AZZenny

Reaction score
--- all of the above on Saul, although I think he's actually not the mole, he's the red herring for us. We'll know next week, if he reveals the chip to anyone or not, I guess. (Then again, knowing there's a mole he might want to keep it under wraps and work it himself, thus keeping his ambiguity going. And the writers didn't set up the whole deal with Mike and the other Marines just to throw it away immediately.)

But there is for sure a mole in CIA (I vote for the little half-lebanese guy that was assigned to work with Carrie last year, but I don't really trust Estes either), and probably one around the Veep, from things said and done in Season 1 ("The VP will call you soon and ask you to run for congress..."). I suspect the Veep's wife, she has an odd look - although it could have been the woman who got assassinated. Otherwise she was a loose end had the plan gone down as intended.

Plus, recall the brief intense romance between Brody and Carrie, and she actually defended him to Saul at one point, the idea that 'turned' could reflect how confused and desperate he'd been, and he wasn't a traitor -- yet. Their sad, mutually twisted relationship is far from over. And it'll take awhile to rehabilitate Carrie both in her own head, and (if ever) in the agency, and she could go mavericky again as a result. (When someone (incorrectly) said half this season would take place in Israel, I thought she could maybe even be picked up by Mossad on the rebound as an analyst, but turns out it's only the arab/lebanese street scenes they shot there.)

If I were CIA/FBI, once Brody is known, I'd want to bug and track him up the yin-yang and find the other Zahir contacts and how he and Zahir communicate, etc., not bust him outright. That could buy you a season or two.

Also recall from the prisoner Saul interrogated that when Zahir gets annoyed, he takes it out on your family -- especially your kids. Maybe he tries w. Brody? or feds make it look like he does under a false flag. Now Brody would have a reason to work along with Carrie, but maybe both off books...

FWIW they signed the leads to like 7-year contracts.

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Excellent episode. This show has great pacing. It seemed like the right time to advance the storyline to someone else finding out about Brody.

AZZenny

Reaction score
LOL. On the one hand, this whole thread is littered with spoilers, and its tempting to say maybe people should not read on if they aren't up to speed. But then again, someone let out a huge spoiler on the Game of Thrones' thread that totally pissed me off, so I sympathize with Mulli.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. On the one hand, this whole thread is littered with spoilers, and its tempting to say maybe people should not read on if they aren't up to speed. But then again, someone let out a huge spoiler on the Game of Thrones' thread that totally pissed me off, so I sympathize with Mulli.

Yeah, I think it's too late to save this thread. If I were a mod I'd change the title to Homeland W/Spoilers and be done with it.

Steve

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's too late to save this thread. If I were a mod I'd change the title to Homeland W/Spoilers and be done with it.
But isn't that the case for just about every TV show thread on here? That's just the nature of this forum. Personally if I'm behind on a show I avoid reading that thread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard