Home Opener Against Dallas

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
Unless something changes drastically, there's no way in h*ll that the Cardinals that played today beat the Cowboys that played tonight..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dallas is good, but they're not 13-3 good. This team is beatable at home. I wouldn't put much stock into this win as the Giants look disorganized, old, and slow. No running game, subaverage defense, and a QB who has depreciated a lot faster than Palmer.

The biggest worry for me is the health of Johnson. If he's out an extended period of time, we're screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Who cares about Dallas right now, that is light years ahead with Indy looming. All you need to know is that it's a road game out of the Zona time zone and they have professional athletes too... you bet we could lose to the Colts lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm not sure you quite grasp how awful Indianapolis is. If Luck doesn't play, that team is atrocious. Like, rivals its 2011 form. Even with how badly we played today, we would've beaten them by 2 possessions.
All I'm going to say to this if you turn the ball over 4 times like today, you stand a good chance on losing!!!

Come on TJ, there's no such thing as a given victory when you make the mistakes they did today even against a bad team

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
All I'm going to say to this if you turn the ball over 4 times like today, you stand a good chance on losing!!!

Come on TJ, there's no such thing as a given victory when you make the mistakes they did today even against a bad team

If we lose to Indy, then this team should consider a 76ers tank job. I simply don't see it, even without DJ.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas is good, but they're not 13-3 good. This team is beatable at home. I wouldn't put much stock into this win as the Giants look disorganized, old, and slow. No running game, subaverage defense, and a QB who has depreciated a lot faster than Palmer.

The biggest worry for me is the health of Johnson. If he's out an extended period of time, we're screwed.
13 wins or not...until the cowboys improve on defense they will always have problems especially at home or in a climate controlled stadium vs. a potent offensive team. which makes the giants point total that much more alarming. now a bad or average offense? no problem they can hide their D with their offense.

Arizona.. wish I could go to that game. It's too early to tell what that game will be. Dallas has Denver next on the road and that won't be easy. last night the Giants looked the same on defense and much worse on offense. Dallas for me looked A lot like last year. With that said they still had a rough go at it with giants defense. I don't know that much has changed except dallas has a tougher schedule(as of now) which as you say would make 13 wins very difficult. A lot will depend on the defense and Prescott if they can take a step forward. He looked good not great last night. No dumb mistakes on his part playing with a lead against a defense that forces a lot of turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are the Cardinals the only team that has to wait till week 3 for their home opener? Excluding the Florida teams affected by the hurricane of course.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
13 wins or not...until the cowboys improve on defense they will always have problems especially at home or in a climate controlled stadium vs. a potent offensive team. which makes the giants point total that much more alarming. now a bad or average offense? no problem they can hide their D with their offense.

Arizona.. wish I could go to that game. It's too early to tell what that game will be. Dallas has Denver next on the road and that won't be easy. last night the Giants looked the same on defense and much worse on offense. Dallas for me looked A lot like last year. With that said they still had a rough go at it with giants defense. I don't know that much has changed except dallas has a tougher schedule(as of now) which as you say would make 13 wins very difficult. A lot will depend on the defense and Prescott if they can take a step forward. He looked good not great last night. No dumb mistakes on his part playing with a lead against a defense that forces a lot of turnovers.

I watched quite a bit of this game last night and the Giants seem to always be starting inside their own 20. They seem to have long fields to drive. The Cowboys on the other hand always seem to have short fields. Prescott didn't impress all that much. A lot of bad throws with most of his completions being of the short variety with a lot of yards after the catch. HE has a nice number of playmakers that pad his stats.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I watched quite a bit of this game last night and the Giants seem to always be starting inside their own 20. They seem to have long fields to drive. The Cowboys on the other hand always seem to have short fields. Prescott didn't impress all that much. A lot of bad throws with most of his completions being of the short variety with a lot of yards after the catch. HE has a nice number of playmakers that pad his stats.
That's a good point. For me that's a good thing(about Prescott being efficient with the style of offense they have). The field position was massive. And the clock management was near perfect by Dallas.

Prescott was definitely off his game and missed a couple of TDs. If the giants are going to be a playoff contender they have to improve a lot on offense. I'm sure they will look different with Beckham, but that was bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we lose to Indy, then this team should consider a 76ers tank job. I simply don't see it, even without DJ.

man... even though I think we're screwed without DJ, there's that little bit of early season hope inside of me that will be completely extinguished should we lose this week.

I mean, even if we just eek out a W, I'll still be able to delude myself for another week, especially going into a MNF game against Dallas that I'm stupidly flying home for!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... even though I think we're screwed without DJ, there's that little bit of early season hope inside of me that will be completely extinguished should we lose this week.

I mean, even if we just eek out a W, I'll still be able to delude myself for another week, especially going into a MNF game against Dallas that I'm stupidly flying home for!

Im coming in too.. Seriously considering changing those plans now.. UGHHH

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im coming in too.. Seriously considering changing those plans now.. UGHHH

if we lose this week, only reason I would still come in is because I get to see my ridiculously adorable niece. Otherwise, I'd prob cancel that trip if we lose a team that just lost by eleventy billion against the Rams.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we can still beat Dallas at home. We have a good run D and if we shut down elliot, Dak will have a hard time.
Lets just hope our fans buy up all the scalper tickets.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless something changes drastically, there's no way in h*ll that the Cardinals that played today beat the Cowboys that played tonight..
You were impressed with Dallas? I sure wasn't. The only reason they looked as good as they did is because the Giants ran the most conservative gameplan in history. But with the exception of a couple of drives, Dallas didn't really move the ball that well until the Giants defense got worn down. They only scored 1 TD and got into the red zone a few times.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Listen you negative ninnies, it doesn't matter if we are fielding an entire team of girl scouts come the home opener, we do not carry this attitude against the gosh damn Cowboys!!!!

Last I checked, you still have to play to win the game. Every damn one of them. We don't just bail on the team over a loss to a team that, IMO is one of the best in the league and will likely win the NFC North, and an injury.

It's the damn Cowboys. We show up and scream our bloody heads off no matter who hits the field. I am not getting a Cowboys pinata made for nothing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen you negative ninnies, it doesn't matter if we are fielding an entire team of girl scouts come the home opener, we do not carry this attitude against the gosh damn Cowboys!!!!

Last I checked, you still have to play to win the game. Every damn one of them. We don't just bail on the team over a loss to a team that, IMO is one of the best in the league and will likely win the NFC North, and an injury.

It's the damn Cowboys. We show up and scream our bloody heads off no matter who hits the field. I am not getting a Cowboys pinata made for nothing.

Woot!