Hollywood Brown Arrested on Criminal Speeding Charges (126 MPH per Trooper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you are justifying this because you did it when you were young just proves you were as dumb as he is.
If you are justifying this 20 years after you did it you’re as dumb as he is.
If you are justifying this because there was no traffic and no risk to anyone, EGADS! What about his loved ones?

He can afford any fine he is forced to pay so what’s the big deal? Right?
He won’t get suspended so what’s the big deal? Right?

Stop the idiocracy of defending this goofball. It’s not cool. It’s not okay. Realize there might be a 16/17 year old out there that idolizes him and thinks he is cool.

Young men have been killing themselves and each other for 3 millennia now. Nature of the beast stuff. Relax.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Young men have been killing themselves and each other for 3 millennia now. Nature of the beast stuff. Relax.
Agreed. A large number of young people make stupid choices and neither money nor athletic prowess changes that. It doesn't excuse the behavior nor prevent natural consequences but it should not be a shock.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really don't think y'all are actually outraged. I think y'all feel the need to make everybody THINK you are. Who has time for that???? Concern for others? Sure. Worry that he may have hurt someone? Absolutely. But all the outrage? I dont buy it. So yeah, I know what the word means.
You’re right, by your own admission no one has time for that, so if people are actually taking the time to post about what does that tell you?

And you used the word “outrage” I don’t believe anyone else did. So not sure why you would feel the need to call out anyone’s “outrage,” particularly given the fact that you concede that posters can legitimately have concern for others, which just makes your entire post calling out posters . . . weird.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's get real guys. They make great cars now that can go close to 200+. If you invest the amount that these cost, you would be stupid not to go out and see what they can do sometime. And yes, I know, you can take them to a track if you want. But there is nothing like the thrill of pulling up to another high end car at an intersection, give the other driver a nod or wink, rev it up, and wait for the light to turn green. Race for pink slips anyone?
Lol, it’s not 1952 anymore Danny Zuko.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. A large number of young people make stupid choices and neither money nor athletic prowess changes that. It doesn't excuse the behavior nor prevent natural consequences but it should not be a shock.

It always surprises me how much fans expect players (and coaches) to be different to the average human being.

If anything, considering the higher rate of deprived backgrounds coupled with the sudden access to large amounts of money and freedom the rates of offending should be higher in the NFL population.

Players are people. They gonna do the same dumb things normal people do.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. We can acknowledge how stupid it is, but also understand that young people make mistakes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's your take. My take is that young people do stupid things, like a lot of us regular, non multi-millionaires.

It doesn't make it right, it just makes it stupid.
Okay. I’ll continue to look down on it. Of course in todays world you can break the law and simply buy yourself out of trouble….if you can afford it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It always surprises me how much fans expect players (and coaches) to be different to the average human being.

If anything, considering the higher rate of deprived backgrounds coupled with the sudden access to large amounts of money and freedom the rates of offending should be higher in the NFL population.

Players are people. They gonna do the same dumb things normal people do.
Well, many of us don’t hold them to higher standards, we hold them to the same standards, as other people. We just don’t know about the others.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay. I’ll continue to look down on it. Of course in todays world you can break the law and simply buy yourself out of trouble….if you can afford it.

And when exactly was the time when someone who could afford a better advocate didn't have an advantage?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, young people aren’t necessarily the only ones who make mistakes. They might be more prone or likely, but certainly others do too.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You’d think Brown and all other young rich athletes with money who feel invincible learned a lesson from the Ruggs incident, but they never do.
Could be easy to justify to yourself that it isn't the same if you aren't drinking and your driving on a freeway instead of a city street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose