Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yes, Kyler was being a female for those actions. He’s not above it. No one is.

But for some reason, it’s cool with you when another person airs out the dirty laundry. That’s cool, I guess. Luckily, I didn’t grow up like that.
maybe... they have talked to kyler in private over the last four years and it isnt getting through.
Maybe, team mates have had interventions...but kyler aint tryin to hear that..
I would just whoop his ass every week till he straightened up... but dude already got one busted ass knee, and it aint helping the team to bust the other one.
so you hit him right in the one place these children feel it.. in the socials... make him have to field the questions from friends and family and strangers at parties. make him uncomfortable. Refuse to allow him to hide from the issue, sometimes it takes extreme measures to get through to these twenty something knuckleheads. I know if I was a team mate I would want to see change... a fella wants to get a ring and nobody getting a ring with a pouty qb that quits when the game gets hard. it been 4 years and apparently nothing else is working...so hell yeah put his ass on blast

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think I see his point because the women in my family dislike it when a guy addresses them as "female" over "woman". Even a few find some negative connotation behind it.

Besides the whole woman/female debate, which certainly matters in context, the layer of misogyny beyond that is still present.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
PS: While the overall jury is still out on Murray, I think he's handling the Beachum stuff the right way by not saying anything. When some mention how Durant handled Barkley in the media, that's 2 HOF/Best In Class type players going at each other...totally different situation with Beachum and Murray. As some have said, Kelvin is a fringe starter/replacement player. Murray does not need to say anything about Beachum in public. I think the only reason Kyler even clapped back at P7 last year, was because he sees the 2 of them at the same level.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You often have some odd takes, but I think this one takes the cake.
My takes are only different, not odd. You & most others here see it differently due to age/racial/cultural/regional difference between yourself & I. You & most others probably see it as delusional as opposed to differential.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My takes are only different, not odd. You & most others here see it differently due to age/racial/cultural/regional difference between yourself & I. You & most others probably see it as delusional as opposed to differential.
Possibly, but I don't get this female argument.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Besides the whole woman/female debate, which certainly matters in context, the layer of misogyny beyond that is still present.
I think that's where different cultures comes into play. I understood what he meant on first read, but others did not and probably still do not. I don't think misogyny was present at all, but I get it from others' POV.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think that's where different cultures comes into play. I understood what he meant on first read, but others did not and probably still do not. I don't think misogyny was present at all, but I get it from others' POV.
Mm, different culture doesn't mean it isn't misogynistic. Lots of manners of speech are misogynistic in lots of different cultures. Still, I say we pack it away and simply continue talking about the topic at hand. I hope to listen to this later at home.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: While the overall jury is still out on Murray, I think he's handling the Beachum stuff the right way by not saying anything. When some mention how Durant handled Barkley in the media, that's 2 HOF/Best In Class type players going at each other...totally different situation with Beachum and Murray. As some have said, Kelvin is a fringe starter/replacement player. Murray does not need to say anything about Beachum in public. I think the only reason Kyler even clapped back at P7 last year, was because he sees the 2 of them at the same level.
Yeah… I’m happy this hasn’t devolved into a war of words.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Honestly if you had said beeyatch (sorry mods) instead of female I don't think I would've even blinked, I've called both males and females that when they don't or can't handle things well. But I think even that is a no-no now lol times be changing

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mm, different culture doesn't mean it isn't misogynistic. Lots of manners of speech are misogynistic in lots of different cultures. Still, I say we pack it away and simply continue talking about the topic at hand. I hope to listen to this later at home.
It's not misogynistic nor I did not want it to come off such a way. My mother raised me way better than that. However, someone understood me so I know I'm not delusional.

But yea, you're right about reverting back to what the topic of this thread is.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, Beachum is right. Kyler just needs to grow up and become a better leader and the talk will go away. He has regressed and is being called out on it.

I don't know if I like the word better. I think I would say he needs to be a mature leader. While I don't think it should matter how much he makes in regards to wear he lives, a mature leader would understand how it can precieved and take action to show mature leadership.

Either way, this stuff doesn't bother me. I only care about what happens in the football field and the rest is just noise to me. They are men playing a kids game that I watch to escape reality for a few hours a week 20 to 24 times a year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
lol, how the hell is Beachum not getting slandered for doubling-down on the dirty laundry he has aired out like a 16 year old female?

Beachum could be Trent Williams & Kyler could be Nathan Peterman & I would still feel the same.

I know Kyler is unlikable around these parts, but Beachum continuing to put a teammate on blast is just some weird high school sh/crap. Kyler could’ve stooped to Beachum’s level in public, but he has refused.
Cause he’s right. When there’s a report of an anonymous teammate questioning his leadership the Kyler honks so there’s no name on it. But when a teammate is honest publicly the same honks say it should be private. Usually well respected teammates don’t go public with this stuff unless they’ve already tried privately. I agree the locational stuff is just radio fodder. I know Mahomes is pretty involved in KC year round but I don’t hear about similar QB’s doing the same.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. I just don't want to hear people whine about Kyler not being more beloved in Arizona. It is similar to the home crowd turnout. Don't complain about visiting fans if you can't put out a consistently winning product.
Is anyone whining about this?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just a fan with an opinion on a message board.

A fan who is a longtime season ticket holder and has seen how NFL players have lived and acted in the Valley of the Sun since 1988.
Where in the valley did John Navarre live? Kent graham? Jeff Blake? Kevin kolb? This was very important to you, you must have a spreadsheet of past and present players home locations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Have you actually listened to the comments either time he has shared them?

He says he feels Kyler has what it takes to be a leader and he has shown some progress, but in his opinion (which he and others are entitled to have, right?) he feels Kyler needs to grow up and be a man. Step up even more and be a strong leader. He says he feels he has it in him.

Everyone took the comment about growing up and ran with it which is the only reason he repeated it when asked about it in another interview. Personally, I like a guy like Beachum who says what he feels and doesn't back down or try to redefine what he previously said. He said what he said and he stands behind it.
Should’ve just told kyler that to his face. What constructive purpose does it have embarrassing your teammate publicly?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, I just made it up in mind as I was listening to Bobby Womack.

Yea, you like the high school female mindset of gossiping & airing out dirty laundry in public instead of acting like grown men & handling your business in private.

I’m not sure how any “grown man” is cool with what Beachum is doing, but hey, do you. I hate that Hollywood retaliated & stooped to Beachum’s level.

Maybe it’s just a generational thing. Maybe that’s what you were used to growing up. I’m clearly not with your generation(or many others on here), but if I got beef/tension/criticism with a teammate, we will handle whatever conflict behind closed doors. Don’t be a weirdo/female & put me on blast. Especially if we’re teammates.
This is highly offensive and misogynistic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like Kyler who was suspended in college for cursing out one of his coaches on the field and on the sideline during a game?

Like professional football player Kyler who cursed at his coach (Kliff) on the field and on the sideline during a game?

Like that? So is Kyler now a female in your mind?
Well those are face to face. Have more respect for that.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where in the valley did John Navarre live? Kent graham? Jeff Blake? Kevin kolb? This was very important to you, you must have a spreadsheet of past and present players home locations.
None of those guys were drafted #1 overall and expected to be the face of the franchise, but back in the day the hot place to live was Ahwatukee. You could go into a Safeway or Circle K and run into a player or two. Most players - even now - live in the East Valley, if they live in Arizona.

• Disagree
Reactions: urs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose