Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler really has no excuse for not getting that big contract from the Cards because contrary to popular belief, it does not take much for the Cardinals to reward a player at a high profile position. Jake Plummer won a playoff game against the hated Cowboys and I believe for that day and age the Cards gave him a hell of a new contract. Kyler has a ton of talent... simmer down boy and throw down like an actual Texas kid and stop wanting when you are fully capable of earning that if you apply yourself :)

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I just wish one of the geniuses posting on this board would maybe think that the fact that Cardindals run defense sucks and pass defense is suspect at best might (Just Might) be a problem.
It's great when the Cards are putting up point in the 30's and Kyler is doing great. But can anyone tell me how many games this team wins if the they put up less than 20 points?
I think high school running backs could get 10 yards on the Cards run defense. It's all great to try and bash the Kyler Murray kid but as I keep saying. How many games would the Cards lose with (Chosen Rosen).
At some point posters on this board are going to start wondering why Steve Keim got paid even though the guy doesn't seem to be able to put a good Total defense on the field to save his life.
I will apologize to those posters on this board that believe Steve Keim has given the Cardinals the greatest defenses in the history of football. I know that Vance Joseph is the greatest defensive coordinator I've ever seen. I remember 2 years ago when other teams tight ends Never caught a pass (sarcasm)... Maybe just maybe the reason the Cards struggle might not be ALL on kyler murray (Just Sayin)

Last edited:

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me. When Warner was trying to get money out of our FO, didn’t he make a trip to our arch rivals… the Niners? So, were the same group that are criticizing Murray for doing what every QB should do, did you criticize Warner just as severely? No you didn’t. Everyone need to STHU & wait to see how it all plays out. Otherwise, you all look foolish.
Stupid analogy.

Warner was WORTH the $$ and worth pursuing by other teams. 49ers invited him in, he accepted. BFD.

Kyler just imploded and expects to be paid for future success. FUNKDAT. Ship him to some AFC loser who will soon regret acquiring him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stupid analogy.

Warner was WORTH the $$ and worth pursuing by other teams. 49ers invited him in, he accepted. BFD.

Kyler just imploded and expects to be paid for future success. FUNKDAT. Ship him to some AFC loser who will soon regret acquiring him.
Absolute stupid comment. But that’s ok. When Murray is killing it & taking another team to lofty levels, no one would hear from you.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me. When Warner was trying to get money out of our FO, didn’t he make a trip to our arch rivals… the Niners? So, were the same group that are criticizing Murray for doing what every QB should do, did you criticize Warner just as severely? No you didn’t. Everyone need to STHU & wait to see how it all plays out. Otherwise, you all look foolish.
He's no Warner!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t have to think about the money at all. I’m not the owner or GM. All I care about is seeing this team continue to win. Murray has taken us from the worst team in Cardinal franchise history to 11 wins in the toughest division in football. You may not give a damn how long I’ve been a fan, but I know more about the mistakes this franchise has made over the years than most on this board. Letting Murray go would be right at the top.

Come on. At least be honest.
Murray never played with " the worst team in franchise history "

And if we are really being honest, kliff Kingsbury did more to elevate the team than kyler.
Evidence???
Kliff posted a .666 win percentage with colt McCoy
Which means he would have pulled off 10 or 11 wins with just about any semi competent QB starting...
How far did Murray and his transcendent greatness surpass that?
Simple fact...there is verifiable Evidence kliff can win without Murray in the nfl.....while there is zero evidence Murray can win in the NFL without kliff.

P.S.
Man I really hope you see the irony in a guy calling others stupid while he compares a guy under contract to a veteran free agent.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And if we are really being honest, kliff Kingsbury did more to elevate the team than kyler.
Evidence???
Which means he would have pulled off 10 or 11 wins with just about any semi competent QB starting...
Simple fact...there is verifiable Evidence kliff can win without Murray in the nfl.....while there is zero evidence Murray can win in the NFL without kliff.

P.S.
Man I really hope you see the irony in a guy calling others stupid while he compares a guy under contract to a veteran free agent.
Your PS is stupid because the RECENT QB’s worth a damn like Mahomes & Allen have been extended after 3 years. Just like what Murray is asking for. And, as I have already demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt, Murray has already outperformed what Allen has done their first 3 years. And Murray has FAR more to do with our success than KK has. If you get your way, and Murray moves on, then you will be proven wrong. That I’m sure of.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Your PS is stupid because the RECENT QB’s worth a damn like Mahomes & Allen have been extended after 3 years. Just like what Murray is asking for. And, as I have already demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt, Murray has already outperformed what Allen has done their first 3 years. And Murray has FAR more to do with our success than KK has. If you get your way, and Murray moves on, then you will be proven wrong. That I’m sure of.

Sigh.....
But yet, you didn't compare Murray to Allen, or any other guy on a rookie contract.

You in fact, jumped in with both feet and compared a guy still under contract to a super bowl winning HOF caliber quarterback who was a free agent.
The comparison is ridiculous. The two situations are not even remotely similar.

But hey, I get that you have a man crush on kyler,.... I too saw The Empire Strikes Back, and also thought ewoks were cute.
But then you kinda get over it and move on.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He’s like 11 years younger than the day that Warner signed with us. He’s far more talented at 24 than Warner ever was. He just needs to continue to develop & MATURE.
:biglaugh:

C'mon, man, be realistic. PHYSICALLY talented? Yes. Talented as an NFL QB? Laughable.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

C'mon, man, be realistic. PHYSICALLY talented? Yes. Talented as an NFL QB? Laughable.
If you think that Murray’s talents as an NFL QB are laughable, then you are laughable.
Sigh.....
But yet, you didn't compare Murray to Allen, or any other guy on a rookie contract.

You in fact, jumped in with both feet and compared a guy still under contract to a super bowl winning HOF caliber quarterback who was a free agent.
The comparison is ridiculous. The two situations are not even remotely similar.

But hey, I get that you have a man crush on kyler,.... I too saw The Empire Strikes Back, and also thought ewoks were cute.
But then you kinda get over it and move on.
Nothing to do with man crushes & EVERYTHING to do with waiting a lifetime for a QBOF. So sign the extremely talented kid & move on like you said.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stupid analogy.

Isn’t that was contracts are based off of, their potential???? Wasn’t that argument made for Buddha’s extension on this board?? But when Kyler is involved it’s different…

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Isn’t that was contracts are based off of, their potential???? Wasn’t that argument made for Buddha’s extension on this board?? But when Kyler is involved it’s different…
I think contracts are based off of success and a continued expectation of said success.

When contracts are made based off of "potential," they're lower contracts.

Reactions: PJ1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If you think that Murray’s talents as an NFL QB are laughable, then you are laughable.

Nothing to do with man crushes & EVERYTHING to do with waiting a lifetime for a QBOF. So sign the extremely talented kid & move on like you said.
Agree. We have to pay a QB....and boom or bust with Murray will only be known with time.

But honestly, if I were keim...I'd call kyler into my office, show him a fantastic contract, then hand him a list of experienced reputable agents.
Tell him as soon as he fires that chump he has and retains an agent that knows the right way to do business....the contract is his.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Evidence???

P.S.
He had his 1st (only?) 4 td 0 int game against the Browns on the road when Kliff didn't coach. And apparently had more say in the play calling.

He did that with a guy calling plays the 1st time...ever?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had his 1st (only?) 4 td 0 int game against the Browns on the road when Kliff didn't coach. And apparently had more say in the play calling.

He did that with a guy calling plays the 1st time...ever?
The defense had 5 sacks, an INT, and forced two fumbles. But then again...it was against the 8-9 Browns. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose