Henry Ruggs III

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Alabama is run heavy based offense and the best WR core in the history of college football. 3 legit 1st round WR

When you look at this you have to look at it in perspective. This is where numbers can be deceiving.

by you telling me this it tells me you didn’t actually watch or pay attention to Alabama football. If you looking at black and white numbers.

ask anyone Saban included and they will tell you Ruggs is the alpha in that WR room.

Weird that the alpha could never lead his team in yards, receptions, or touchdowns. I watched plenty of their games, btw.

Ruggs is a Desaun Jackson / Kenny Stills / Will Fuller IMO. Nice guy to have, but will not be an NFL WR1. He should not go in the 1st.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird that the alpha could never lead his team in yards, receptions, or touchdowns. I watched plenty of their games, btw.

Ruggs is a Desaun Jackson / Kenny Stills / Will Fuller IMO. Nice guy to have, but will not be an NFL WR1. He should not go in the 1st.

so your saying the leader of your team is always the guy with the best stats?

I think if you have you would understand what that guy brought to that team and how defenses needed to pretty much put two guys on him.

but I get it. It’s all good you don’t see it and I do. We disagree

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well on the same hand who’s to say Wirfs is the next Pace? Also, I’m not advocating taking Ruggs. I’m saying if the Broncos we’re willing to trade up and give us additional picks to select Ruggs, are we missing something?

none of the OT are even close to being in the class of guys like Pace or Ogden

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons looks incredible to me, he is really the guy I am hoping the cardinals can get. Can't see how he will be there though unless both a 3rd QB, Okudah, an OT or 2 or Brown go before us - which seems pretty unlikely unfortunately.

I really like Kinlaw's highlights, he looks like the next Calais Campbell to me. Would not mind picking him if we trade down.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well on the same hand who’s to say Wirfs is the next Pace? Also, I’m not advocating taking Ruggs. I’m saying if the Broncos we’re willing to trade up and give us additional picks to select Ruggs, are we missing something?
No, we're not missing something - we're doing what smart teams do, and letting a team who is desperate to pick a player in one of our positions of strength move up to take him, while getting assets from them for the privilege. Just like with a QB.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Would make our offense nearly unstoppable!
Imagine Nuk on the left, Kirk & Fitz in the slot and Ruggs down the right sideline. Even more frightening with Drake in the backfield and Kyler’s wheels. Might have 30 on the scoreboard before they even walk out of the tunnel.
Imagine all of them doing that with Kyler on his back - or at least running around in the backfield hoping for someone to come back to the ball, instead of actually being able to throw the routes as designed.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Imagine all of them doing that with Kyler on his back - or at least running around in the backfield hoping for someone to come back to the ball, instead of actually being able to throw the routes as designed.

And a rookie RT will solve all those problems, right???

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing we will take a OT at #8. Marcus Gilbert was brought back and Justin Murray did a nice job. We have competent players and OL coach in Kugler. The line just has to be adequate for K1 to succeed. Much more important to get him weapons.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing we will take a OT at #8. Marcus Gilbert was brought back and Justin Murray did a nice job. We have competent players and OL coach in Kugler. The line just has to be adequate for K1 to succeed. Much more important to get him weapons.
Why does it have to be “adequate” though?

Why can’t it be great or damn near elite?

This is the same mindset Seattle’s FO has rolled with & Russ has to end up like Clark Kent every game.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why does it have to be “adequate” though?

Why can’t it be great or damn near elite?

This is the same mindset Seattle’s FO has rolled with & Russ has to end up like Clark Kent every game.

K1 is not a statue like Palmer, Warner, etc. He can scramble. Russell, Rodgers were at their best that way but have lost a step. It's more about scheme and adequate athletes (and depth) for this OL.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And a rookie RT will solve all those problems, right???
He will long term. You just never want to solve the issue? A 4th WR is more valuable?

We're bottom third in the league. That's not "competent."

Just because we survived one season of this (and that's arguable, since it was the 16th ranked offense and Kyler was a top-5 pressured QB), doesn't mean it's the right direction. Kyler needs weapons? We just gave him DeAndre Hopkins.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
K1 is not a statue like Palmer, Warner, etc. He can scramble. Russell, Rodgers were at their best that way but have lost a step. It's more about scheme and adequate athletes (and depth) for this OL.
Again, sounds like a strategy that encourages "run away and create offense on broken plays" for our QB. This isn't backyard football.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He will long term. You just never want to solve the issue? A 4th WR is more valuable?

We're bottom third in the league. That's not "competent."

Just because we survived one season of this (and that's arguable, since it was the 16th ranked offense and Kyler was a top-5 pressured QB), doesn't mean it's the right direction. Kyler needs weapons? We just gave him DeAndre Hopkins.

The offense was much better at the end of the season. #7 I believe.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know got my point, but anyway.

Just because Kyler is a special athlete doesn’t mean it’s okay just to “get by” on the OLine.

Lamar Jackson just won an MVP being a special athlete while having a great OLine. Now just imagine Kyler behind a similar OLine, but better passing ability.

Would take this offense to the next level.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Again, sounds like a strategy that encourages "run away and create offense on broken plays" for our QB. This isn't backyard football.

Worked well for Seattle. K1 has elite speed and should be running more like vintage Russ. Turning him into a pocket passer wouldn't make sense.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t know got my point, but anyway.

Just because Kyler is a special athlete doesn’t mean it’s okay just to “get by” on the OLine.

Lamar Jackson just won an MVP being a special athlete while having a great OLine. Now just imagine Kyler behind a similar OLine, but better passing ability.

Would take this offense to the next level.

Do you expect us to take Wills at #8? I like him, just saying it's unlikely.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

You keep saying the same thing repeatedly, like it’s going to change our minds. I get it... You want them to improve the oline as do I, just not with unproven rookies that are difficult at best to project like QBs.

And your same inane argument continues to center on K1 getting injured, which hasn’t happened yet since he’s quicker than the 11 trying to catch him at every level.

I’d much rather grab game breaking speed and athleticism at outside WR that loosens up the defense and make it easier to get the ball out quickly to all of these playmakers underneath than running Fitz, Kirk, and the rest of the 2020 misfits out there again for more 12 and 21 personnel.

Let’s light the fuse and watch the scoreboard explode!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Worked well for Seattle. K1 has elite speed and should be running more like vintage Russ. Turning him into a pocket passer wouldn't make sense.
There's a difference between "pocket passer" and strategically asking your QB to create something from nothing.

If you're going to focus on "vintage Russ," please tell me which elite, 1st round WRs the guy had. He won the Super Bowl with Golden Tate and freaking Doug Baldwin getting less than a thousand yards. He returned to the Super Bowl with Doug Baldwin again under 900 yards, and the next guy at less than 600. Never did he have a 1000 yard receiver, never did he need four.

You know what he did have? A dominant ground game, led by a star center in Max Unger, a two-time Pro Bowler in Russel Okung, a first round guard in James Carpenter, and solid offensive line play all around. Plus a dominant defense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose