Haywood gets 6/55M.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

i think i'd rather have haywood at $9M/yr than frye at $6M/yr. haywood brings defense, rebounding, attitude, and some interior offense. he averaged 9/9/2 last year split between the wiz and mavs. is it a great deal? no. but i think you're getting more for your money . . . on BOTH ends, than we're going to get with frye.

OP
OP
carey

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Wow, strongly disagree with both of you. 9 & 9 gets you 9M per these days?

I think Frye is a little overpaid but he's going to put up 15 and 7/8 next year.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Haywood is one of the top interior defenders in the league. He's more comparable to Lopez(though as of now Haywood is better) than he is to Frye. So I guess it depends on what you prefer. A legit big man that can defend and finish inside while rebounding at a decent to good rate or a 7ft spot up shooter that rebounds at a poor rate and is a poor defender.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Haywood is one of the top interior defenders in the league. He's more comparable to Lopez(though as of now Haywood is better) than he is to Frye. So I guess it depends on what you prefer. A legit big man that can defend and finish inside while rebounding at a decent to good rate or a 7ft spot up shooter that rebounds at a poor rate and is a poor defender.

You guys are HIGHLY overrating Brendan Haywood.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys are HIGHLY overrating Brendan Haywood.

I guess we just disagree. He's arguably as good or better a defensive center than anyone other than Howard, Perkins, Bynum or Oden. He's an above average rebounder and while he is limited offensively he can finish around the basket.

Not saying I'd be particularly thrilled with him at that price but I do think it's a better deal than paying Frye 6mil.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow, strongly disagree with both of you. 9 & 9 gets you 9M per these days?

I think Frye is a little overpaid but he's going to put up 15 and 7/8 next year.

if frye is averaging 15pts we're a dreadful team. those pts will have minimal impact as they won't serve to breakdown the defense, they won't get defenders in trouble, and if your argument is that those pts will stretch the d, his 11pts/game this year did that plenty. if the 15pts means more 3's from frye it'll only hurt our team/make us more of a gimmick than we are already.

finally, if you're expecting anywhere NEAR 8 rebs/game you're going to be sorely disappointed. even with increased playing time i suspect we'll get 6.5/game. that's small forward sauce.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
if frye is averaging 15pts we're a dreadful team. those pts will have minimal impact as they won't serve to breakdown the defense, they won't get defenders in trouble, and if your argument is that those pts will stretch the d, his 11pts/game this year did that plenty. if the 15pts means more 3's from frye it'll only hurt our team/make us more of a gimmick than we are already.

finally, if you're expecting anywhere NEAR 8 rebs/game you're going to be sorely disappointed. even with increased playing time i suspect we'll get 6.5/game. that's small forward sauce.

Don't fret Ouchie... Frye has never averaged anything close to 15 PPG, and he certainly won't start now... Heck, he's not even starter material...

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare at 100/5 = Haywood/Frye/Warrick. That's almost half the team to win championships with! ;)