Hassan Reddick

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s pretty ripe coming from the guy that sniffs out any post related to PP and feels he has to chime in and defend him? Who has the obsession with a player that’s not here anymore?

This was hugely debated on this board toward the latter end of the season and into the off season. Keep or not keep and at what cost. An update on the progress so far this season is hardly an obsession or out of line. SMH.

So am I not supposed to post on threads? Isn’t that kind of the whole point of this thing? Do you see me creating threads on ex players? Bumping them when they do anything in whatever game they are playing in?

If you feel some type of way that’s on you. Sorry you know what from now on I’ll just avoid them if it makes you feel better

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not taking anything away from Reddick. Are you saying the Texans are not horrible? They just let Darnold go for 300+ and 2 rushing TD.
Darnold is another player in Carolina, different environment, different weapons for him
He has the talent to be a good qb in this league, at least in the top 15

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So am I not supposed to post on threads? Isn’t that kind of the whole point of this thing? Do you see me creating threads on ex players? Bumping them when they do anything in whatever game they are playing in?

If you feel some type of way that’s on you. Sorry you know what from now on I’ll just avoid them if it makes you feel better
I’m not the one on here complaining about posts relevant to other players... you literally came on here complaining about a supposed obsession which doesn’t exist I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy I don’t care what you post. Or about who. But clearly you do.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I despise Golden biting on every PA bootleg, but at least he can pass-rush more often than not

Kennard is just….lol
Yep golden always give something despite his slowness he can put some pressure
Then he is super cheap
But i think Reddick is in another level at this point
Having him with jjwatt abd Jones would have put the Cardinals defense in a much better position
Just hope Collins step up and replace Hicks cerebral game pretty soon

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty ripe coming from the guy that sniffs out any post related to PP and feels he has to chime in and defend him? Who has the obsession with a player that’s not here anymore?

This was hugely debated on this board toward the latter end of the season and into the off season. Keep or not keep and at what cost. An update on the progress so far this season is hardly an obsession or out of line. SMH.

Some people just can’t admit when they’re wrong.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Lollllll

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Darnold is another player in Carolina, different environment, different weapons for him
He has the talent to be a good qb in this league, at least in the top 15
I’m still not sold on Darnold. The coaching staff is so phenomenal in Carolina I knew they would get to at least 9-8 this year regardless of the qb.

With that said, he is off to a great start.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this argument is missing 2 key factors.

1. Reddicks $8m deal is the "I'm going to play 1 year with my old coach Matt Rhule and show I can do it again" price. There is absolutely no way Reddick resigns here for multiple years at $8m per. Players often sign 1 year deals elsewhere for less that multi years offers from their original team because they feel "disrespected". If he signs a multi years deal here your looking at $12m+ AYP. Maybe more.

2. Let's be generous and say that we could have signed him for $12m. Who are you not signing to pay for that? Markus Golden is on a very reasonable $2.5m deal. Where are you finding the other $10m? Don't sign JJ Watt? You can see what a difference he has made in leadership and motivation. He may be the only good iDL we have. Imagine this line without him. AJ Green? No Green then Kirk is still outside and everyone is still moaning about Kirk. Cutting Kennard was never an option. His salary this year was fully guaranteed.

Personally, I like the balance of this team better than removing multiple players to fit in signing Reddick. And there's no telling that Reddick would be performing better as well in this defense as he is for Carolina. Vance isn't blitzing at the rate the Panthers are. And the OLB on that side is often tasked with dropping into coverage in Vance's scheme (that's why Simmons has been playing there on 1st down most the time).

And with Gardeck showing promise last year and CJ coming back I understand the decision not to resign him for big money. Good luck to Reddick, it's good to see him finally having a career, but it was the right call for both sides.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having him instead of golden and Kennard whom makes his money and we would have had a much better defense
He will lead the nfl in sacks soon

Kennards salary was fully guaranteed this year. Cutting him was never an option.

Golden is only on $2.5m per year and there's no way Reddick was going to sign a multi year extension for only $8m AYP.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not taking anything away from Reddick. Are you saying the Texans are not horrible? They just let Darnold go for 300+ and 2 rushing TD.
Panthers haven’t played any world beaters but through 3 games they have yet to trail for even a single minute. So darnold’s doing his job. He was a highly desirable QB before the jets got hold of him. Might be a perfect reclamation project we are seeing unfold.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Reddick situation is kind of a microcosm of the problems with this front office and staff. Reddick should have been identified much earlier as an impact player. The fact that it took 4 years for them to figure out to play him at his "natural" position is a shame. If you are going to draft a player, you have to put him in a position to play to his strengths. The same can be said for Kirk. He is finally thriving playing inside, which is where he probably should have been all along.
Good teams find a way to retain good players. They could have found a way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're getting 2/3 of the pressure production out of Golden vs Reddick at a third of the price. You can't have all stars at every position.

Huh? Golden has 1 sack in 2 games. Reddick had 3 sacks in 2 games prior to last night where he had another great game with pressures AND sacks. So far we’re getting 1/3rd of the pressure at 1/3 of the price. In other words... you get what you pay for.

And we still have Kennard doing NOTHING at the same price as Reddick. This team absolutely could have afforded Reddick between Golden and Kennard, while having a better pass rush AND being younger at the position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh? Golden has 1 sack in 2 games. Reddick had 3 sacks in 2 games prior to last night where he had another great game with pressures AND sacks. So far we’re getting 1/3rd of the pressure at 1/3 of the price. In other words... you get what you pay for.

And we still have Kennard doing NOTHING at the same price as Reddick. This team absolutely could have afforded Reddick between Golden and Kennard, while having a better pass rush AND being younger at the position.

It's right there in the NGS graphic. Golden is 3rd in pressures behind Reddick and Donald and costing us a fraction of the price.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cant believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad we get to play the Rams before the Panthers. If we had to play the Panthers early in the year (like the last couple of years) I think we'd lose again.

Playing the division first I think we'd be ready to roll vs. them this time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's right there in the NGS graphic. Golden is 3rd in pressures behind Reddick and Donald and costing us a fraction of the price.

38 pressures to 26 pressures is massive difference as are the sack numbers. You get a fraction of the actual player at a fraction of the price AND you have done nothing for the future of the team with ALL of your pass rushers in their thirties, while watching a guy in his mid 20s become a force for years.

Golden and Gardeck’s money could have easily gone to Reddick and the team is still 6 million under the cap. If as you say (based on absolutely nothing) that Reddick would have demanded 12 per year, they STILL could have done that and locked down one of the best young pass rushers in the game.

You’re just loathe to admit you’re wrong about anything.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A couple thoughts.

1-Reddick is playing off-ball OLB for the Panthers. I don't know if he drops down in pass rushing situations but that role is about the exact middle from an ILB in a 3-4 to an OLB in a 3-4. So, he is thriving in a different role and situation from what he had in AZ. The closest thing would be his role under Wilks.

2-It is true those who point out he didn't get "paid" by Carolina or anyone else for that matter. So he will be a FA next year as well which shows more teams than just AZ wanted to see it again.

3-We definitely have a recent history of drafting players and then trying to get them to conform to the role we have do vs drafting players because they do what we want those roles to do. I would guess this is a communication issue more than anything but it is there.

The end place that I find myself in is that drafting players can be very hard when you have scheme turnover or a lack of communication between the coaches and the front office. You just end up with a lot of square pegs trying to fit into round holes. This all looks worse when that square peg goes to another team that needs to fill a square hole. Also, it is tough to negotiate with players on contracts when their argument can justifiably be that they were successful despite the organization rather than because of it. I am sure Reddick was like "see what I can do when you play me in a role that fits my strengths" and Keim, the guy who drafted him, had to respond to that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
38 pressures to 26 pressures is massive difference as are the sack numbers. You get a fraction of the actual player at a fraction of the price AND you have done nothing for the future of the team with ALL of your pass rushers in their thirties, while watching a guy in his mid 20s become a force for years.

Golden and Gardeck’s money could have easily gone to Reddick and the team is still 6 million under the cap. If as you say (based on absolutely nothing) that Reddick would have demanded 12 per year, they STILL could have done that and locked down one of the best young pass rushers in the game.

You’re just loathe to admit you’re wrong about anything.

I mean, Golden has played 2 games, and here you are like the season is over. And he's still, you know, 3rd in pressures in the whole league. For $2.5m.

That's fantasy roster building.

If we don't resign Golden every is shouting "We wasted a 5th round pick for 9 games from Golden?"

If we don't resign Gardeck everyone is shouting "He's great on ST's. He got 7 sacks in so few snaps. It's stupid not to resign him"

And we have $4.1m in free cap space, and that's after the Malcolm Butler money back.

Add them all together and you still only have $10m (although you have to replace Gardeck and Golden so at least $2m off that) and zero money for injury replacements or other moves.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I mean, Golden has played 2 games, and here you are like the season is over. And he's still, you know, 3rd in pressures in the whole league. For $2.5m.

That's fantasy roster building.

If we don't resign Golden every is shouting "We wasted a 5th round pick for 9 games from Golden?"

If we don't resign Gardeck everyone is shouting "He's great on ST's. He got 7 sacks in so few snaps. It's stupid not to resign him"

And we have $4.1m in free cap space, and that's after the Malcolm Butler money back.

Add them all together and you still only have $10m (although you have to replace Gardeck and Golden so at least $2m off that) and zero money for injury replacements or other moves.
The Cardinals could have created the cap room to sign him before the season started and still be the same or better cap wise right now. It tells me that sk didn't want him back. IMO