Hassan Reddick

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Reddick situation is kind of a microcosm of the problems with this front office and staff. Reddick should have been identified much earlier as an impact player. The fact that it took 4 years for them to figure out to play him at his "natural" position is a shame. If you are going to draft a player, you have to put him in a position to play to his strengths. The same can be said for Kirk. He is finally thriving playing inside, which is where he probably should have been all along.
Good teams find a way to retain good players. They could have found a way.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're getting 2/3 of the pressure production out of Golden vs Reddick at a third of the price. You can't have all stars at every position.

Huh? Golden has 1 sack in 2 games. Reddick had 3 sacks in 2 games prior to last night where he had another great game with pressures AND sacks. So far we’re getting 1/3rd of the pressure at 1/3 of the price. In other words... you get what you pay for.

And we still have Kennard doing NOTHING at the same price as Reddick. This team absolutely could have afforded Reddick between Golden and Kennard, while having a better pass rush AND being younger at the position.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Huh? Golden has 1 sack in 2 games. Reddick had 3 sacks in 2 games prior to last night where he had another great game with pressures AND sacks. So far we’re getting 1/3rd of the pressure at 1/3 of the price. In other words... you get what you pay for.

And we still have Kennard doing NOTHING at the same price as Reddick. This team absolutely could have afforded Reddick between Golden and Kennard, while having a better pass rush AND being younger at the position.

It's right there in the NGS graphic. Golden is 3rd in pressures behind Reddick and Donald and costing us a fraction of the price.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cant believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad we get to play the Rams before the Panthers. If we had to play the Panthers early in the year (like the last couple of years) I think we'd lose again.

Playing the division first I think we'd be ready to roll vs. them this time.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's right there in the NGS graphic. Golden is 3rd in pressures behind Reddick and Donald and costing us a fraction of the price.

38 pressures to 26 pressures is massive difference as are the sack numbers. You get a fraction of the actual player at a fraction of the price AND you have done nothing for the future of the team with ALL of your pass rushers in their thirties, while watching a guy in his mid 20s become a force for years.

Golden and Gardeck’s money could have easily gone to Reddick and the team is still 6 million under the cap. If as you say (based on absolutely nothing) that Reddick would have demanded 12 per year, they STILL could have done that and locked down one of the best young pass rushers in the game.

You’re just loathe to admit you’re wrong about anything.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A couple thoughts.

1-Reddick is playing off-ball OLB for the Panthers. I don't know if he drops down in pass rushing situations but that role is about the exact middle from an ILB in a 3-4 to an OLB in a 3-4. So, he is thriving in a different role and situation from what he had in AZ. The closest thing would be his role under Wilks.

2-It is true those who point out he didn't get "paid" by Carolina or anyone else for that matter. So he will be a FA next year as well which shows more teams than just AZ wanted to see it again.

3-We definitely have a recent history of drafting players and then trying to get them to conform to the role we have do vs drafting players because they do what we want those roles to do. I would guess this is a communication issue more than anything but it is there.

The end place that I find myself in is that drafting players can be very hard when you have scheme turnover or a lack of communication between the coaches and the front office. You just end up with a lot of square pegs trying to fit into round holes. This all looks worse when that square peg goes to another team that needs to fill a square hole. Also, it is tough to negotiate with players on contracts when their argument can justifiably be that they were successful despite the organization rather than because of it. I am sure Reddick was like "see what I can do when you play me in a role that fits my strengths" and Keim, the guy who drafted him, had to respond to that.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
38 pressures to 26 pressures is massive difference as are the sack numbers. You get a fraction of the actual player at a fraction of the price AND you have done nothing for the future of the team with ALL of your pass rushers in their thirties, while watching a guy in his mid 20s become a force for years.

Golden and Gardeck’s money could have easily gone to Reddick and the team is still 6 million under the cap. If as you say (based on absolutely nothing) that Reddick would have demanded 12 per year, they STILL could have done that and locked down one of the best young pass rushers in the game.

You’re just loathe to admit you’re wrong about anything.

I mean, Golden has played 2 games, and here you are like the season is over. And he's still, you know, 3rd in pressures in the whole league. For $2.5m.

That's fantasy roster building.

If we don't resign Golden every is shouting "We wasted a 5th round pick for 9 games from Golden?"

If we don't resign Gardeck everyone is shouting "He's great on ST's. He got 7 sacks in so few snaps. It's stupid not to resign him"

And we have $4.1m in free cap space, and that's after the Malcolm Butler money back.

Add them all together and you still only have $10m (although you have to replace Gardeck and Golden so at least $2m off that) and zero money for injury replacements or other moves.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, Golden has played 2 games, and here you are like the season is over. And he's still, you know, 3rd in pressures in the whole league. For $2.5m.

That's fantasy roster building.

If we don't resign Golden every is shouting "We wasted a 5th round pick for 9 games from Golden?"

If we don't resign Gardeck everyone is shouting "He's great on ST's. He got 7 sacks in so few snaps. It's stupid not to resign him"

And we have $4.1m in free cap space, and that's after the Malcolm Butler money back.

Add them all together and you still only have $10m (although you have to replace Gardeck and Golden so at least $2m off that) and zero money for injury replacements or other moves.
The Cardinals could have created the cap room to sign him before the season started and still be the same or better cap wise right now. It tells me that sk didn't want him back. IMO

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals could have created the cap room to sign him before the season started and still be the same or better cap wise right now. It tells me that sk didn't want him back. IMO

They absolutely could have created the cap room to sign him.

But then we wouldn't have several players we have right now. So who do we jettison to make way for him?

And it goes without saying that Keim didn't want him or he would be here, or at least, didn't want to spend that money on that position and have 2 edge guys eating up $30m+ cap space in a down cap year.

QuebecCard

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cant believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad we get to play the Rams before the Panthers. If we had to play the Panthers early in the year (like the last couple of years) I think we'd lose again.

Playing the division first I think we'd be ready to roll vs. them this time.

Can't believe you're confusing the team that beat the Titans in their house with what the Panthers have faced so far.

Carolina has faced two rookie QBs and an erratic Winston.