Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it funny that the film reviewer on the radio this morning said "While the 3rd movie is by far the best movie, this is a decent second."

That should illustrate why movies are made for the mainstream audience and not for fanboys.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it funny that the film reviewer on the radio this morning said "While the 3rd movie is by far the best movie, this is a decent second."

That should illustrate why movies are made for the mainstream audience and not for fanboys.

Girls like Harry Potter.

/Donald's little girl

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I might agree with him...as movies go. From a pure entertainment value of them, three and five have it, IMO.

One and Five are the better adaptations.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Girls like Harry Potter.

Do they ever...in the theater when Harry was shown in the opening scene, the fangirls were all a'twitter with gasps and ooooohhh...

I didn't know Daniel Radcliffe was officially a "sex symbol" now, but doing nude stage plays must have done wonders for his groupie base (and it has done wonders for his acting).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they ever...in the theater when Harry was shown in the opening scene, the fangirls were all a'twitter with gasps and ooooohhh...

I didn't know Daniel Radcliffe was officially a "sex symbol" now, but doing nude stage plays must have done wonders for his groupie base (and it has done wonders for his acting).
Did you seem him in Extras? Really funny. He was also good as David Copperfield when he was little.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I might agree with him...as movies go. From a pure entertainment value of them, three and five have it, IMO.

One and Five are the better adaptations.
I thought the 2nd was very good to in doing that. What did you not like from it that you thought it could be better like 1 and 5?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the 2nd was very good to in doing that. What did you not like from it that you thought it could be better like 1 and 5?

I don't know...number two just doesn't have a lot of staying power with me. It was good, but it also wasn't one of my more favorite books. :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did you seem him in Extras? Really funny. He was also good as David Copperfield when he was little.

Radcliffe was hilarious in Extras. Remember the dining trailer? OMG, that was hilarious! What made it funnier was Dame Diana Rigg (who played Emma Peel in the old 60s Avengers TV show).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radcliffe was hilarious in Extras. Remember the dining trailer? OMG, that was hilarious! What made it funnier was Dame Diana Rigg (who played Emma Peel in the old 60s Avengers TV show).
classic scene. classic. Is that the episode he knee'ed the midget?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
classic scene. classic. Is that the episode he knee'ed the midget?

Yeah, Warwick Davis. That was great too. The whole thing about the normal sized woman dating a dwarf was uncomfortably great. And Daniel Radcliffe hitting on Maggie and getting her in trouble with his mom... :biglaugh:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Warwick Davis. That was great too. The whole thing about the normal sized woman dating a dwarf was uncomfortably great. And Daniel Radcliffe hitting on Maggie and getting her in trouble with his mom... :biglaugh:
Maggie stole scenes from Ricky G. That doesn't seem easy to do.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from seeing it, and I absolutely loved it. It's the most faithful to the book since the first movie. It left a lot out, obviously, but the stuff that was in there was very much from the book. The acting is obviously better as well. It certainly had a more epic feel to it, which is different than the 3rd movie (my favorite), which is much more intimate.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from seeing it, and I absolutely loved it. It's the most faithful to the book since the first movie. It left a lot out, obviously, but the stuff that was in there was very much from the book. The acting is obviously better as well. It certainly had a more epic feel to it.

:thumbup:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from seeing it, and I absolutely loved it. It's the most faithful to the book since the first movie. It left a lot out, obviously, but the stuff that was in there was very much from the book. The acting is obviously better as well. It certainly had a more epic feel to it, which is different than the 3rd movie (my favorite), which is much more intimate.

Totally agree with you Chaplin...my favorite so far I think. I loved all of it.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
What was so unfaithful to the book in the 2nd movie? I've heard that a couple times here, but I don't remember what they did differently?