Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original cast re-ups!

Up-and-coming British helmer David Yates and screenwriter Michael Goldenberg have been tapped to adapt, and over the summer, Radcliffe, Watson, and Rupert Grint decided to return.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Original cast re-ups!

Up-and-coming British helmer David Yates and screenwriter Michael Goldenberg have been tapped to adapt, and over the summer, Radcliffe, Watson, and Rupert Grint decided to return.

:thumbup: W00t!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry Potter 5 Casting
Source: CBBC Newsround Daily India
May 25, 2006

CBBC Newsround reports that Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange, who was to be played by Helen McCrory in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, will now be played Helena Bonham Carter. McCrory is expecting a baby and would be heavily pregnant when her scenes in the Ministry of Magic were filmed.

Meanwhile, the role of replacement Care of Magical Creatures teacher Professor Grubbly-Plank has gone to Apple Brook.

The casting of the young Marauders has also been completed. Young Sirius will be played by James Walters, Young Lupin by James Utechin and Young Snape will be played by Alec Hopkins.

Actor Jason Piper has also been cast in the part of the Bane the Centaur.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, directed by David Yates, is scheduled for a July 13, 2007 release.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exclusive: Harry Potter and the Wavering Costar
Newsweek

Oct. 2, 2006 issue - "Harry Potter" might lose one of its stars. The fifth film in the series, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," is currently filming at Leavesden Studios north of London. Negotiations to lock in Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) for the final two films are in the preliminary stages, and while the boys are likely to commit, Watson, 16, is unsure. "I don't know yet," she told NEWSWEEK near the set of 12 Grimmauld Place, secret headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. "Every film is such a huge production, and it's a long time." Saying yes would mean she'd be playing the studious Hermione until she's 20. Watson scored near-perfect grades on her national exams. College must be on her mind, not to mention a career, and she's not sure acting is in the cards. "Daniel and Rupert seem so sure," she says, and looks sincerely plagued that she isn't. "I love to perform, but there are so many things I love doing." Pause. "Maybe that sounds ungrateful. I've been given such an amazing opportunity, but I'll just have to go with the flow."

So will Warner Bros. The studio has generated $3.5 billion worldwide with this trio. Recasting Watson, or any of them, would be risky. "It would be a hard thing to change and it would be disrupting," says producer David Heyman, who secured the rights to the "Potter" books from author J. K. Rowling years ago, and has been the franchise's shepherd. "So yes, I would love them all to see it through to the end. I adore them—I feel like an uncle or godfather—but ultimately they have to do what's right for them. This is their lives." He notes that Watson went through this same questioning process before signing on for the third and fourth films. "So I'm cautiously optimistic that it will work itself out," he says.

Meanwhile, girls around the globe will note in these exclusive first-look photos of "Phoenix" that Radcliffe, 17, has short hair again after growing his locks for the last film. "The longer hair made him look boyish," says the film's hair designer, Colin Jamison. "We needed to progress him in age. He's older now, and looks more handsome with the shorter hair." Radcliffe is happy to be done with the mop, too. "It looks great at the end of the fourth film, with sweat and blood matted into it, but we can't have every scene like that," he says, laughing. "And I like to imagine that Harry went home over the summer, angry, and chopped into it himself." In "Phoenix" Harry is coping with a rising rage as he battles the evil new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Dolores Umbridge (Oscar nominee Imelda Staunton), loses someone he loves and learns the truth of his destiny. "This film is about Harry fighting his inner demons more than dragons," Watson offers. "It's about the emotional journey." Whether her journey will include Hermione, she has yet to decide.

—Sean Smith

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope she signs!! 20 would not be too old to start college!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to walk away from this.

Daniel Radcliffe (from imdb.com)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $14,000,000
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) $3,000,000
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) $250,000

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to walk away from this.

Daniel Radcliffe (from imdb.com)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $14,000,000
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) $3,000,000
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) $250,000

Wow - and great that he's getting a good share of the billions being made.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emma better not quit on this...she has become Hermoine.

They have to bring her back whatever it takes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looking forward to this one a lot--to me, not only is this the longest of the books, but it is also when Harry finally "grows up", i.e., doesn't spend the entire movie at Hogwarts. The shot of the wizards on brooms flying by Buckingham Palace was pretty darn cool.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Sweet! On a Nimbus 2000 or a Firebolt?

odds are, it's probably just your basic, flying broom. but i sort of think well maybe it's a nimbus, maybe a firebolt. maybe it's something really cool that i don't even know about. you know, and uh, and i started feeling... what? what i thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

/frank the tank

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I hope Emma Watson stays all the way through. :devil:

Last couple movies have been sort of dissapointing, the 3rd one especially and this one being an even longer book I see a lot of problems fitting stuff in. I was also really dissapointed with the photos, especially Profesor Umbridge...couldn't find an ugly toad lady and had to go with a sweet grandma...:(

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I hope Emma Watson stays all the way through. :devil:

Last couple movies have been sort of dissapointing, the 3rd one especially and this one being an even longer book I see a lot of problems fitting stuff in. I was also really dissapointed with the photos, especially Profesor Umbridge...couldn't find an ugly toad lady and had to go with a sweet grandma...:(

Hmm, interesting. You're one of the only people I know of that don't think the 3rd movie (Prisoner of Azkaban) was actually the best one.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. You're one of the only people I know of that don't think the 3rd movie (Prisoner of Azkaban) was actually the best one.

I thought the Goblet of Fire was the Best

Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Well it was my favorite book and I just thought the movie really, really screwed it up. The 4th one left out a lot of part, understandably, but the challenge scenes were well done so I did enjoy that movie.

This is from over 2 years ago when I was not even 13 so it sounds pretty stupid but this is why I hated the movie. I'm not this stupid anymore but since I already wrote that after I saw it...

[SIZE=-2]Overall Grade:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] F[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Story:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] F[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Acting:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] F[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Direction:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] F[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Visuals:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] F[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!!!!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]by nkompani (movies profile) Jun 13, 2004[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2] 1 of 1 people found this review helpful [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] Months ago before the movie came out I read about what the new director was going to do to make the new movie better.

I hate cuaron!

He totally destroyed my love of the Harry Potter series!

So much stuff was left out. The part were Harry finds out that Sirius is his godfather was the most exciting part in the book, and they ruined it by giving it a 2 minute scene.

There was no talk about the relationship between moony,padfoot, wormtail, and prongs.

I was lying to myself during the movie,saying it would get better, but I almost fell asleep!

Dumbledore was awful!!!!!!!!!
Too bad Richard Harris died, he was a wonderful Dumbledore in the other movie.

Mcgonagall should have had more lines.

The new characters didn't look very much like I imagined, and the clothes were not good for Harry Potter.

Also the song at the beggining started the movie off real bad, it was a sign of what was coming.

This was the worst movie I have ever seen in my life! How could j.k rowling let cuaron do this?
She should sue him!

If you are a Harry Pooter fan and you go to the movie I guarentee you will be in tears by the end of the movie cause it is so boring!!!![/SIZE]

My rating of the 4 movies is:
Chamber of Secrets(didn't leave too much out and was much better than #1)
Goblet of Fire(it did leave a lot out though...it should've been long than 2 1/2 hours...I know I would've watched another hour)
Sorceror's Stone(didn't leave much out but pretty boring)
Prisoner of Azkaban(favorite book but #4 for reasons above)

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

See, here's my problem. Movie 3 was a good movie, yes, but a horrible Harry Potter Movie. Just went in the wrong direction. My ranking:

Sorcerer's Stone
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban (sp?)

I could also switch around Chamber and Goblet, IMO. I love Stone because it brings the book to the screen, while still making a hugely entertaining movie. I rank Prisoner so low because, while making a very entertaining film, it made for a lousy Potter movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard