Happy for the Valley and for you guys

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy for the valley as a whole. The city deserves a championship. And I could’nt be happier for all the long standing Suns fans that rode the hard road the entire time. Growing up a Cubs, Cards and Suns fan I know the hard road and the frustrations that go with it. I pretty much quit the NBA after 1995. Not here to claim I have been a suffering suns fan. I haven’t. I pretty much gave the NBA up. But I am super happy for the rest of you long suffering souls. This team is super fun to watch and happy it’s fun enough to get me back to watching again. I will celebrate if they win it. But not with the emotion and tears I know many of you will have…. Finish this Thing!

oh and happy birthday Cheesey!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy for the valley as a whole. The city deserves a championship. And I could’nt be happier for all the long standing Suns fans that rode the hard road the entire time. Growing up a Cubs, Cards and Suns fan I know the hard road and the frustrations that go with it. I pretty much quit the NBA after 1995. Not here to claim I have been a suffering suns fan. I haven’t. I pretty much gave the NBA up. But I am super happy for the rest of you long suffering souls. This team is super fun to watch and happy it’s fun enough to get me back to watching again. I will celebrate if they win it. But not with the emotion and tears I know many of you will have…. Finish this Thing!

we ain’t done squat yet Shane! TWO MORE TO GO AND THEN WE’LL BE HAPPY!!!

and thanks dude!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In 2004, when my life went from 40 hour weeks working on computers to 70 hour weeks cooking, the NBA fell off for me. Was a fairly easy choice to make considering what Sarver had done to the team. I haven't watched in years, but my first sports memory is of Gar Heard's shot heard round the world. Was a rabid fan since, and used to post on this forum all the time, joining back in Mike O's Rivals days.

I didnt even know the Suns were in the Playoffs until the Denver series. I didn't even know the playoffs were happening. So, I deserve nothing for this run. The epitome of fair weather fan. But I agree with Shane. It has been fun to watch this happen, and I immediately thought of this forum and the old timers when The Suns made the finals.

I hope y'all are well, and enjoying the ride.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I pretty much quit in 1995 too. I watched a little bit of 1998-1999, but the strike tainted it for me. I hate to feel like a bandwagoner (I don’t think I am), but this team has really rejuvenated my interest. It really has nothing to do with them “finally winning one,” but rather the character of this team. They’re fun to watch and they epitomize what a TEAM should be. Breath of fresh air if you ask me.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My story pretty much is the same as Shane's. I echo his sentiment regarding the joy in, hopefully, seeing the Suns win a championship at long last.

I was there from the beginning, through all of the ups, downs and scandals. But, the NBA pretty much became unwatchable to me a long time back (probably because I'm old and exaggerate how "great" it was in the long ago). Get off my lawn! LOL

This team has a kind of "old school" feel to me. No "load management", tough as nails defense and CP3 and Booker remind me kind of like KJ, The Greyhound, Thunder Dan, et al.

2 more and history will be made in The Valley.

Go Suns!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In 2004, when my life went from 40 hour weeks working on computers to 70 hour weeks cooking, the NBA fell off for me. Was a fairly easy choice to make considering what Sarver had done to the team. I haven't watched in years, but my first sports memory is of Gar Heard's shot heard round the world. Was a rabid fan since, and used to post on this forum all the time, joining back in Mike O's Rivals days.

I didnt even know the Suns were in the Playoffs until the Denver series. I didn't even know the playoffs were happening. So, I deserve nothing for this run. The epitome of fair weather fan. But I agree with Shane. It has been fun to watch this happen, and I immediately thought of this forum and the old timers when The Suns made the finals.

I hope y'all are well, and enjoying the ride.
DUDE, here is an blast from the past!

Curious about your timing though. We were consistently top of the league or close do it that 2nd half of the decade, so I'm curious why you would stop watching in 2004 when we were still good. Those were the fools gold years where the Suns were good, but not necessarily because of Sarver. After all, Nash was in his double-MVP years then.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DUDE, here is an blast from the past!

Curious about your timing though. We were consistently top of the league or close do it that 2nd half of the decade, so I'm curious why you would stop watching in 2004 when we were still good. Those were the fools gold years where the Suns were good, but not necessarily because of Sarver. After all, Nash was in his double-MVP years then.
Feels like its been so long. I just stopped kind of liking basketball in general. Not sure why. The seven seconds or less Suns are my last memories, so apologies if the timing is off. 2004, I graduated culinary school and started working my **** off, not being a desk jockey anymore. It wasnt the team at that point, but it became so when I would check in from time to time, and then when they hit rock bottom, I was already out.

Good to hear from you, dude!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed seeing some @Joe Mama drive by’s. I’m wonder where @Thegrahamcracker is these days?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh God no. Delete this

we ain’t won a damn thing yet.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm just thrilled I decided to watch this season from the start for some ungodly reason. I'd left basketball, like many, because the super teams made it impossible to care. But the bubble was fun, and I was blacked out from all hockey teams. This year was so much fun when I had very little else going on. Now, it's simply magical.

Let's keep it going guys! Two more.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always kept an eye on the standings just to see how competitive the team was... They weren't competitive so I quit going to their games.. I switched to the Yotes.... I figured watching bad hockey was cheaper and more fun than watching bad basketball.