Hamza Abdullah calls out birdgang

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I actually have a real job, you know what where i work and get paid money. Im not gonna waste my money on watching a crappy team, just like i dont waste my money buying crap i dont enjoy.
Are you a season ticket holder? I only ask because if you are, there's aways the risk that a team will be bad. In the Cards case, there's a good chance of it. Why not just buy individual game tickets? I'm not criticizing, just asking.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
No problem with what he said.

Three decent seasons in twenty-three years??? Seems people have forgotten what being a Card fan is like.

Even during the Super-bowl run, we had a couple of really horrific performances late in the season. Same-old-Cards...what's going to change?

I get depressed/angry watching them too, but they're my team. So be it. In 10 years, most of them will be out of the league, and I'll be wishing the new crop of players would quit making the same bone-headed mistakes over-and-over again.

Go Cards!!!

Reaction score
I grew up (spent half my life) in Pennsylvania. I like the Steelers, but I live here and I am a Cardinals fan. I went to the Pittsburgh game with two other people that were originally from PA. and now live here - they are Steelers fans.

I told them flat out, if you are going with me, I won't make you wear RED, but you're not wearing a Steelers shirt and you are NOT taking any yellow towel! One wore a plain black polo the other wore an ASU shirt, no towels. I wore my red Wilson jersey.

What a shameful display for Arizona that crowd was on Sunday. I wonder how many of those assclowns that were in attendance wear Cardinals gear every other Sunday?

Bandwagoners!

Last edited:

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
if we just support a team that is winning, so we just support GB and be all happy
we support a team to win. of course doesn't look like this year, maybe next year or 3 years. also there's a difference between a fan of a team or just follower when the team is foing good and will abandon at failure.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not a Red Wings fan, but maybe I like Pavel Datsyuk better...

Q: Do the Red Wings feel the competition for fans now that the Lions are doing pretty well in the NFL?

A: "There is no competition. The situation in Detroit is very difficult due to the economic crisis. And I think all of the Detroit teams playing — the Red Wings, the Lions, the Tigers — we are all trying to cheer Detroit fans up, make them a little bit happier in these tough times. And sincere thanks to all the fans who come to our games, who find the time for us."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...=Asop.EvJok4RvvOvItk4LYN7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp15699

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL.

Job ? Really ?

Wow, I don't remember the players caring this much about the fans during the lockout.

I thought this is a business. When you suck in business, you lose customers, people get fired, and the company goes bankrupt.

So, when it comes to money, it is a business, but when it comes to delivering a product we are a team, and a community ?

Mr. Abdullah, tell your story walkin'

I could not agree more.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
What Abdullah doesn't realize is that we have a system for supporting our team, and that system works. It works I tell ya. It works. The system that is. It works. I mean the system works. What I'm trying to say is that the system works.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Comparing our fan base and market to Pittsburgh or Green Bay is a little silly. The valley is a city full of transplants. First or Second generation nearly all. The most similar fanbases are Southern California or Florida. All those cities are just like us, people aren't going to support the team in lean years. Look at Miami, for Pete's sake. Thats what we are dealing with here. Waiting for us to turn into Green Bay in terms of fans support is unrealistic. It is what it is. I have enormous respect for die hards but they will always be in short supply here.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Q: Do the Red Wings feel the competition for fans now that the Lions are doing pretty well in the NFL?

A: "There is no competition. The situation in Detroit is very difficult due to the economic crisis. And I think all of the Detroit teams playing — the Red Wings, the Lions, the Tigers — we are all trying to cheer Detroit fans up, make them a little bit happier in these tough times. And sincere thanks to all the fans who come to our games, who find the time for us."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...Asop.EvJok4RvvOvItk4LYN7vLYF?urn=nh l-wp15699

Wow that's awesome. Hard not to respect an athlete like that. Great outlook!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He needs to give us fans a break, we are just makes mistakes, and we will correct them. We have been working hard all week and it just gets frustrating when those same mistakes happen on Sunday. We will get better as fans and we know our system works, we just got to keep up the hard work, we are doing everything we can and it will come ;)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The man never played at SDS.

He has no idea what the true fans have suffered through.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It continues to amaze me when people are surprised especially players, when Stiller fans show up on droves. Look this is one of the best and most affordable NFL vacation destinations.

But really what compounds it is this: Pittsburgh literally has nothing going for it aside from it's teams and it's colleges at this point. And everyone leaves when they graduate from Pitt, CMU, Duquesne, etc. There isn't much of an entry level job market there - trust me on this - I went to law school there.

Their industry is dead there, and a huge chunk of the population still live int he glory days of the 70s. The Steelers are, for a lot of people, the best thing that they have ever had in their lifetimes. Because of that, they are willing to spend every last dollar supporting them.

Had the Cards gone on a 4 TD dynasty run during this economic collapse we are living in, we would see something similar built. But we blew that opportunity by not building an OL that made Kurt Warner feel safe enough to play for 4 more years.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Comparing our fan base and market to Pittsburgh or Green Bay is a little silly. The valley is a city full of transplants. First or Second generation nearly all. The most similar fanbases are Southern California or Florida. All those cities are just like us, people aren't going to support the team in lean years. Look at Miami, for Pete's sake. Thats what we are dealing with here. Waiting for us to turn into Green Bay in terms of fans support is unrealistic. It is what it is. I have enormous respect for die hards but they will always be in short supply here.

Uh, that, and Pittsburgh and Green Bay actually try to field competitive teams, and succeed in doing so.

That helps a lot on both the local, and even more so on the national scale.

It doesn't help when your franchise is talked about in the same breath as the Cubs, Clippers, etc., etc.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...=Asop.EvJok4RvvOvItk4LYN7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp15699

And that is why Datsyuk is one of, if not the best hockey player in the NHL.....and that is coming from a Penguins fan.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What a shameful display for Arizona that crowd was on Sunday.

It was not even a tenth as shameful as what was produced on the field Sunday.

Props to all the "hardcore" fans, but if I needed money, I would have sold my tickets, too.

Best thing about the Cardinals is the tailgate at this point....at least I would assume.

Reaction score
It was not even a tenth as shameful as what was produced on the field Sunday.
You've got a bit of a point...

however I have seen much worse on the field from the Cardinals over the years than this past Sunday's game. It was bad, and quite disheartening to this fan, but not even close to some of the abysmal performances I have sat through over the years.

Props to all the "hardcore" fans, but if I needed money, I would have sold my tickets, too.
Not wanting to get into a big philosophical discussion here; but if a person really "needed" a few hundred dollars, they probably ought not to be buying season tickets for football in the first place.

:shrug: :Jmnsho:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn