Grey's Anatomy

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season Premier was tonight...we watched it and it was pretty good...looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season will be like.

Mike

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was really good. They have a solid cast.

Note to self: Thanks for not going the med school route!

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second and third episodes were really good...and I heard it got picked up for next season already :thumbup:

Mike

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Second and third episodes were really good...and I heard it got picked up for next season already :thumbup:

Mike

ABC Picks Up Grey's Anatomy
Source: ABC
May 4, 2005

Grey's Anatomy, the new hit midseason drama, has been added to the ABC Television Network's growing list of early pick-ups for the 2005-06 season, the network announced today.

Ranking a dominant No. 1 in its time period, Grey's Anatomy leads its closest competition by 7.2 million viewers (17.8 million vs. 10.6 million - CBS) and beats the combined delivery of CBS and NBC by 22% among Adults 18-49 (7.7/19 vs. 6.3/15). Along with delivering ABC's best audience retention yet coming out of Desperate Housewives, the new show is also producing ABC's strongest series performance in the hour in more than four years. Grey's Anatomy qualifies as the most-watched new midseason drama on all of television in 12 years (since CBS' Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman in 1993) and in 13 years among Adults 18-49 (since ABC's Indiana Jones Chronicles in 1992).

Grey's Anatomy stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Isaiah Washington as Preston Burke, Katherine Heigl as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, T.R. Knight as George O'Malley, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey and James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber.

Shonda Rhimes is creator and executive producer of the series. Mark Gordon, Betsy Beers and Jim Parriott are executive producers. Peter Horton is co-executive producer. Grey's Anatomy is a Touchstone Television Production.

As previously announced, already renewed for next season are According to Jim, Alias, America's Funniest Home Videos, Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Lost.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Classic Season finally! It has become one of my favorite shows.

Agreed, although I told my wife before it started that he was going to be married still :)

Still, I love the show...good characters, funny, fresh...enjoyable!

Mike

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Agreed, although I told my wife before it started that he was going to be married still :)

That one totally caught me off guard. I forgot that he was new to the hospital and not many people knew much about him.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody still watching this? ABC's Super Bowl ploy worked perfectly--I watched my very first episode after the Super Bowl and then around 11:00 last night I realized I missed the next episode...GRRRR!! :bang: Anyway, their website has a 3:44 synopsis of the episode, so I know what happened, but man am I mad I missed it.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I should jump on this Grey's Anatomy background.

I hear it's like the old school ER - great storylines and characterization...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Oh yeah, it's a great show, last night's was awesome!

thirty-two said:
Man I should jump on this Grey's Anatomy background.

I hear it's like the old school ER - great storylines and characterization...

I can't believe I missed it! I had set up my dvr to record it the week before, but because of the superbowl & it starting late, I got "The Game" recorded instead...:bang:

32--definitely start watching--one show and I was hooked on the characters (doesn't hurt that I like Patrick Dempsey a TON!)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
I have a question, but it might be a spoiler if you havent seen the last ep. yet.

Did the bomb squad guy die?

Thanks for being careful about the spoiler....I saw ABC's synopsis of the show, and my guess would be he HAD to. All the king's horses & all the king's men couldn't put that mess back together again!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched this show at all but wanted to pass on that Best Buy has Season One for only $14.99. They've got some really good prices right now on tv series. :thumbup:

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
I haven't watched this show at all but wanted to pass on that Best Buy has Season One for only $14.99. They've got some really good prices right now on tv series. :thumbup:
I tried to watch this show when it started but found it very dull, but for some reason I am always tempted by low prices.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i think the reason it's so low is because it's only six episodes, or something like that.

Yeah, not very many.

Good show though, this past week's episode was great.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i think the reason it's so low is because it's only six episodes, or something like that.

IMDB lists 9 episodes.

I checked the back of the packaging at a Target tonight - 387 minutes.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously...that was a great first part to the season finale...

2-hour finale is tonight...can't wait!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

YOU THE MAN!! Thanks for sharing--money's so tight I haven't even considered buying the first season because I didn't think I'd be able to afford it. Even if it's only 9 episodes, that's a good price. BTVS & Angel was usually around $50/season ($2.27/episode) this would be $1.67/episode.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson