Greetings Suns Fans-I look forward to a spirited competition.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like Barbosa was expecting Dragic to move. Watch his hand gesture.

Somehow I have finally achieved the distinction of being Andrew's alter-ego...finally.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Then why declare for the draft at all? Answer: He hoped that he would be a projected higher pick. Each year, he lowered his expectations, and each year, the projections had him even lower than that.

Pure conjecture. Got proof?

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
What are you talking about? It is a fact that Splitter dropped out of the draft several years in a row, and it is a fact that he was projected lower in each draft than he was in the one before it. In other words, his NBA stock peaked long ago, and he knows it. Those aren't "random biased opinions": they aren't random, or biased, or even opinions. They are facts. I guess you hadn't heard of Splitter until the Spurs drafted him, but among those of us who are past their teenage years, his name has been in circulation for a long time.

I guess you're angry at me for tearing down your Splitter fantasy, but don't shoot the messenger. It doesn't make any difference what I say; you'll figure it out on your own soon enough.

While I might agree with you that projections went down, I ask you do you know the actual reason why it went down? Some boards indicated, it was purely for money reasons and lighter schedule in terms of travel and commitments. It had nothing to do with his skill level. Also, it takes some level of success to be nominated for top 10 player for Euro League. He was nominated and is a member of 1st team All-Euroleague. I mean Andrea Bargnani was a #1 pick in the draft and some pundits say that Splitter is better.
I'll say that as long as he could be a solid rotation player with physicality and size, then...I'd welcome him as a Spur. Because, other than Duncan and McDyess, the Spurs don't have any.

Last edited:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Nah I hate to say it (like it matters though I can be paranoid at times) but what the spurs need is another bowen, we sort of have him in Dudley.

Solid defensive player who knocks down threes who will start and play pretty hefty minutes.

Jefferson doesn't fit quite right with the spurs mold. His primary offense is inside slasher and the spurs already have plenty of that with Parker and Manu. It is redundant.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Do YOU have proof? I know you're upset, but Tiago friggin Splitter isn't going to help you.

I would say Thiago Alvez fits the mold of the Spurs a little better.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Do YOU have proof? I know you're upset, but Tiago friggin Splitter isn't going to help you.

I'm not upset. The better team won and I gave the team and this board the props they deserve. I just want to point out about players from across the pond. It's like Goran Dragic. We can all say that he didn't have the pedigree(Never made an All-Euroleague team like Splitter has) that he hasn't shown anything but then we see what we saw and you have to say, doesn't that make you wonder?
We all know that Andrea Bargnani was an overall #1 pick for Toronto and again, many people say that Splitter is better than him. I realize that this isn't a Spurs board but this subject will be talked about. Tiago Splitter can provide something that neither Matt Bonner or DeJuan Blair can provide...7 feet with long arms. That's automatic.

Again...I'm just looking for links to the hypotheses and more than pure conjecture.

I'm just asking for proof(A link will do) that the conjecture given is based on facts.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Nah I hate to say it (like it matters though I can be paranoid at times) but what the spurs need is another bowen, we sort of have him in Dudley.

Solid defensive player who knocks down threes who will start and play pretty hefty minutes.

Jefferson doesn't fit quite right with the spurs mold. His primary offense is inside slasher and the spurs already have plenty of that with Parker and Manu. It is redundant.

You're are absolutely right. Jefferson doesn't have the mentality that Bowen does. Hill doesn't have the size or the smarts. I'm fairly sure that that will be as big a priority as bringing in Splitter.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually think Splitter will be a good player if the Spurs can bring him over. He seems to have a bit of an ego problem but from what I've seen of him he reminds me of a Scola/Camby mix.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Oh and you guys....party it up! You just watched a Steve Nash led team beat the San Antonio Spurs.

We can get back to this at a later time. And thanks SunTzu. I see the same thing. And that can only help the Spurs.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
LOL @ Tiago Splitter hype hehehehe. The guy is as slow as molasses.

Slow? That must have been the absolutely worst choice of random negative, since Splitter actually can outrun defenders on the fast break. (check random youtube video). Bad luck. If you had guessed he is not a great rebounder on the other hand, then you would have guessed right.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm just asking for proof(A link will do) that the conjecture given is based on facts.

There's no reading Splitter's mind, of course. If you want to construct conspiracy theories for why he wussed out of the draft however many years in a row, I can't literally disprove them. (That's the beauty of conspiracy theories.)

I can tell you that, even though I don't follow Euro ball, I pay pretty close attention to draft chatter. (Of course, I can't prove that claim either.) As I'm sure you know, there's tons of stuff out there about "name" European players, what it will take to bring them over, etc. The consensus of what I read was that Splitter kept hoping for a higher projection and kept turning tail when he wasn't getting it. But none of those people can prove it, obviously; nor can I track down all of the little snippets from people who may or may have known what they were talking about.

Let's just put it this way: I gave up on Splitter long, long before the Spurs drafted him. If he belonged to the Suns, I'd be saying the same things about him. But, you know what, a few years ago I would have said the same things about Luis Scola, and I would have been wrong.

So, good luck with Splitter. Just don't get your hopes up.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention he looks like the boy band version of a nba player.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Tyler and CaptainInsano are right. Spurs need to get tougher.

elindholm: It's ok. You put forward some rational arguments. Let me just explain where I come from. Im 41 years old and I have followed euro ball closely since I was a teenager. Don't expect me to be impressed by any comments based on internet gossip. Also, if someone is interested and has internet access it's so easy to watch euro bball these days (actual games). I understand if americans don't care about euro bball but please don't pretend you know **** if you don't.

Enough about this ok? Celebrate your great win. You were the better team this year and I wish you all best of luck. Hope you will beat the Fakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll say that as long as he could be a solid rotation player with physicality and size, then...I'd welcome him as a Spur. Because, other than Duncan and McDyess, the Spurs don't have any.

The Suns would take Blair off your hands. :)

As far as Splitter, I know little about him other than draft talk and rumors. However, if the Spurs like him this speaks volumes. Scola and Oberto are some recent examples of the Spurs finding talent in Europe.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Jefferson. He sucks.

Whos gonna guard Nash? He torched the Spurs in the regular season now that Bruce Bowen is gone. 20 pts and 12 assist average on 57% shooting in three games versus the Spurs. Im not too worried about Dickie Jefferson going off because Steve Nash is on him.

Or screw it, put him on Parker or Hill. AMAZING that neither of those two managed 20 points against the Suns this year in any of their three meetings considering Nash sucks so bad at defense (you have to hide him).

Even more amazing is Hill couldnt even score in double figures (even though he played 40 minutes in the second game).

Im pretty sure Spurs fans are scared. They traded veteran craftyness for youth and inexperience.

The Suns have the best player (Amare), the smartest player (Hill), the best defender (Dudley), the best leader (Nash), the most explosive player (Richardson), the better bench and home court advantage.

Suns in five. Parkers gonna demand a trade in the off-season.

Jeez Im good.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes good analysis da_suns_fan but too modest!

BTW I just checked the Mavs forums and they are going crazy with "we look even worse now" threads. Funny!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes good analysis da_suns_fan but too modest!

BTW I just checked the Mavs forums and they are going crazy with "we look even worse now" threads. Funny!

About half of them seem to think the Mavs would have beat the Suns. Thats what makes me laugh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn