Greatest regular season Cards win??

Greatest regular season Cards win

• Total voters

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In light of such a resounding win, I was curious as to which game you guys enjoyed more. I could be out of pocket or overlooking a game, but I’m literally counting these three games as the greatest regular season wins, ever. (Had we beaten the Bears in the “Crown their a** bowl”, that might have made the list). For me, that Seahawks game was dreamlike. Sunday night, height of Legion of Boom, hated division opponent. I couldn’t sleep that night after the game, I was so riled up. Sunday was such a mop job that I was coasting on arrogance by mid 3rd quarter. Of course the Boys game was amazing, but we were trash and it was more like a one time anomaly than the start of something big. I didn’t count the Chargers game to qualify for the playoffs, because that game speaks for itself and was basically the playoffs for us. Thoughts??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's got to be the 1998 season deciding game that we won on a walk off FG to make the playoffs.

i think yesterday's game could come in a second if this ends up being a special season.

i mean, last year we all probably would have said the Hail Murray was the best regular season win ever... and then we totally fell on our faces after.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn’t even close, but not enough old guys to remember this. Monday Night Football back in November 1970 when the whole world watched it, the Cardinals demolished the Super Bowl bound Dallas Cowboys 38-0 IN DALLAS!!! It was week 9 & the Cowboys didn’t lose again until they lost the SB to the Baltimore Colts on a last second FG. Tom Landry said the beating they took on both sides of the ball was the stimulus they needed to turn their season around. For many years, he said this was the worst beating he ever encountered as a player or coach at any level. Still is the most dominant regular season performance by a Cardinal team against an outstanding football team that I have ever witnessed. No other Cardinal regular season win is even close. I wore the same shirt, pants, underwear, socks, and shoes for every game after that hoping for the same results:)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win over SD in 1998 to put us in the playoffs, for me. Win over SF in 1988 was pretty awesome as well.
The SF Game was my first NFL game ever. The SD game was the first NFL for most of my family, who were visiting for Christmas

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
yeah, it's got to be the 1998 season deciding game that we won on a walk off FG to make the playoffs.

i think yesterday's game could come in a second if this ends up being a special season.

i mean, last year we all probably would have said the Hail Murray was the best regular season win ever... and then we totally fell on our faces after.
If this season does become special, this win could trump that win.

Seeing it live was insane. I projected my typical, Cardinals are going to lose face, but in the back of my mind I felt it could be close. Not once did I consider that the game could be a rout.

The shock on Rams fans faces was priceless, especially considering how cocky they were in earlier in the day.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win over SD in 1998 to put us in the playoffs, for me. Win over SF in 1988 was pretty awesome as well.

A piece of trivia that may interest only me...

I will never forget the '88 game. Being at the game is only part of the story. It was the day I hit bottom. I'll spare you the gory details of what happened at SDS but I have been clean and sober since that very day... I'm coming up on the 33rd year of being clean in about 3 weeks. Thanks for reminding me @wa52lz !

Good times!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nothing greater than the ending where the entire stadium stormed the field in celebration
Yep...I was there for both the Saints game and the Chargers game. We deserved those days.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this season does become special, this win could trump that win.

Seeing it live was insane. I projected my typical, Cardinals are going to lose face, but in the back of my mind I felt it could be close. Not once did I consider that the game could be a rout.

The shock on Rams fans faces was priceless, especially considering how cocky they were in earlier in the day.
Krang, I would have given an eyetooth to have been there!!! Sheez!!!!

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2015 @ Seattle was the most impressive win. They were coming off b2b SB’s and we ended their reign.
Gator, that's it for me. That game will live forever in my heart. NO ONE had us getting that W.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang, I would have given an eyetooth to have been there!!! Sheez!!!!
Bro it was lit.

I was probably the loudest person in my section and I was definitely letting the Rams fans know their team was getting taken to the woodshed.

After the 2nd Quarter, they all pretty much knew it was over.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
At my age the past does not exist. Those other games are simply vague memories if that. I certainly can't remember any game that gained Cards so much respect from the pundits. And in the absence of major injury, it appears that we should keep, and even grow, that respect.

And it is nice to know that all the other teams in the league finally fear playing the Cardinals. Hope it lasts for a few years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015 @ Seattle was the most impressive win. They were coming off b2b SB’s and we ended their reign.

That was an epic WE ARE FOR REAL game in our second best season ever. It’s high up there.
Yep...I was there for both the Saints game and the Chargers game. We deserved those days.

Yup. The end of that season was nuts. Our last three wins were walk off field goals, starting with one in OT at the Eagles.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The SF Game was my first NFL game ever. The SD game was the first NFL for most of my family, who were visiting for Christmas
Ha, that was my first game too. I still remember all the paper plates being flung out of the lodge after the last TD

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A piece of trivia that may interest only me...

I will never forget the '88 game. Being at the game is only part of the story. It was the day I hit bottom. I'll spare you the gory details of what happened at SDS but I have been clean and sober since that very day... I'm coming up on the 33rd year of being clean in about 3 weeks. Thanks for reminding me @wa52lz !

Good times!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray magic gm just an unrea escape throw and catch by nuk!!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lo
L i watched that gm on youtube awesome gm!! Lomax was fun he was bit before i became a cards fan moved to az in 89 lol age 9

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, that was my first game too. I still remember all the paper plates being flung out of the lodge after the last TD

I remember Cardinals CUPS flying off the upper deck, raining down below. One of the greatest/weirdest/spontaneous ways to celebrate ever.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This isn’t even close, but not enough old guys to remember this. Monday Night Football back in November 1970 when the whole world watched it, the Cardinals demolished the Super Bowl bound Dallas Cowboys 38-0 IN DALLAS!!! It was week 9 & the Cowboys didn’t lose again until they lost the SB to the Baltimore Colts on a last second FG. Tom Landry said the beating they took on both sides of the ball was the stimulus they needed to turn their season around. For many years, he said this was the worst beating he ever encountered as a player or coach at any level. Still is the most dominant regular season performance by a Cardinal team against an outstanding football team that I have ever witnessed. No other Cardinal regular season win is even close. I wore the same shirt, pants, underwear, socks, and shoes for every game after that hoping for the same results:)
I never saw that game. I was stuck on the other side of the world. I need to try to find out how to watch that game. I can see where you are coming from. That would be difficult to too. Great post.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those were the same two games I thought. It was at the SF game I became a true Cards fan. The SD game ended 11 years of misery and release of pure joy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison