Grand Theft Auto IV

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work. I started the day GTA IV came out. It took me about 15 hours or so.

I didn't do all of the side missions, (like racing) and focused to the main missions so I could see the ending. The first time I played it, I was one or two missions away from finishing.

That is just insane, i never even finished san andreas but I spent a ton of hours messing around too....

I just dont see how people can finish games that fast, when you get off work do you just magnet to the ps2 the entire time? I guess really it would only take about 3 hours a night and you would be done in 5 nights....

I played COD a ton for months and still only had like 35 hours played

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is just insane, i never even finished san andreas but I spent a ton of hours messing around too....

I just dont see how people can finish games that fast, when you get off work do you just magnet to the ps2 the entire time? I guess really it would only take about 3 hours a night and you would be done in 5 nights....

I played COD a ton for months and still only had like 35 hours played

I got about 2 hours a night during the week. After helping the kids with homework, dinner, and putting them in bed. I have about 3 a night that I can do whatever. I spend a couple of those hours playing GTA:SA.

The first time I played SA, I took the time to get all of the sprays, every gang territory, etc. I didn't need to do that the second time around.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just crazy man, crazy!

I guess school is in my way too, work, school, kids, and I cant sit on a game that long...i dunno...its just always amazed me how quickly people finish games. Even paper mario on the wii, that I played daily till it was finished, took over a week.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you virtual gangsters finished yet? I'd like to have abomb get some work done on things that will make us real, nyet, paypal money.

Let me know when you are done sliding down canopies, talking to thugs and hustling the cops. The land of the living has things to offer...like lots of little Ben Franklin portraits you can carry in your pocket.

:biglaugh: Nice.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
getting the game this weekend at eaither bestbuy or gamecrazy can't wait, it is so cool they finally decided to add online play to gta thats the feature i'm looking forward to try the most :)

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
I got it and im about 15 missions into it but cant play for more than an hour without taking it out and going back online and playing COD4. Cod4 is the best game ever made. But this one is a close second. Now im so used to first person shooter, I cant play the multiplayer on GTA4. I guess I gotta get used to it. When I go stay in Flagstaff ill play GTA4 since I wont have an internet hookup.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just picked up gta4 today on the way back from payson can't wait to play it, I will beat single player first then try out multiplayer :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great game, I love how I have to make these major decisions throughout the game, might even make it worth playing twice. Probably not...I hate playing a game twice.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
A stripper offered me a lap dance and asked me to follow her. I walked with her a couple of paces and then I shanked her.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played a little multiplayer this weekend between chores.

So far, deathmatch and Cops N Crooks are awesome. I need some friends to get the game so I can play with them. You can only play against that crap for so long.

I usually finish in the upper half in the matches, so I dont suck as much as I thought. ;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still overly infatuated with this game.

On a side not, my buddy got discharged from the army finally and moved in with me. He has a ps3 and plays COD4, showed him how to customize his classes and then played a game of BOG and went 27-7. Nice to know I can walk right on and dominate after not playing for months and the first ps3 experience.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A stripper offered me a lap dance and asked me to follow her. I walked with her a couple of paces and then I shanked her.

Often there are no consequences for randoms acts of violence in this game. That's what irks me about this game. There should always be a cause and effect. For instance, you can't come back to the stripper club for 50% of food platter day. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Often there are no consequences for randoms acts of violence in this game. That's what irks me about this game. There should always be a cause and effect. For instance, you can't come back to the stripper club for 50% of food platter day. :D

the cops come...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On the mission where you have to kill the bikers, I called 911 and the cops showed up (after you listen to the stupid messag) and killed them for me. I just went and scooped up the guns

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the mission where you have to kill the bikers, I called 911 and the cops showed up (after you listen to the stupid messag) and killed them for me. I just went and scooped up the guns

I never thought of that..

The game is a little too easy really..

I just did a mission for the cop, the one where you go in the parking garage and off some dealer. I am supposed to go inside and fight my way through but I just ran down the street and sniped the leader in the face.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dam, never thought of that.. I just hopped off my bike and let loose with the shotgun..

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I killed the Russian guy in the club, but Dimitri never called me. The internet says he should have called me to the warehouse to pick up my money, but it's been 3 game days and he hasn't called. I still have jobs for the gay muscle car guy and Little John, do I need to complete those first?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little Jacob and roid freak are both side storylines, are you sure you completed the mission?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort