Good game by Skelton

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I was very impressed with how well Skelton played. Even though his receivers dropped alot of passes he kept his poise and was on target with most of his throws. He came to play today and did a fine job!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was better. But still looked like crap.. I'm sorry. That wasn't a good performance..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skelton did not lose this game for the Cardinals. Extremely disappointed with the WR drops and the defense. Should also mention special teams.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He missed some throws that he needed to make, but I agree the loss wasn't on him, he had an "OK" performance. If we had a decent running game a lot less pressure would be on him to perform.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe Skelton is the answer but he did not lose this game for us. He had very little help and our D gave up the big play continually.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not losing a game isn't a high standard for a starting quarterback. :shrug:

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I was really disapointed with our DB's this game. William Gay is really bad. Fleming at least is a rookie and I expect him to have a learning curve, but all of them had bad plays. Even Adrian Wilson blew the tackle that allowed a TD. I still think William Powell should be the starter until Beanie gets back. LSH is just too small to run up the middle for short yardage.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Skelton did not lose this game for the Cardinals. Extremely disappointed with the WR drops and the defense. Should also mention special teams.

The WR drops really hurt the offense. All of them dropped passes. Early Doucet has wore out his welcome to me. I hope the Cards get rid of him along with Batiste and William Gay this off-season.

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
So he's a below-average backup at best. Not all on him, but I just don't see it with this guy. Didn't lose it, but didn't play well enough to win it either.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
From what I saw today I thought Skelton played better than average and was very solid. If he had a running game and his receivers didn't drop like ten throws I think we would have won today. Also our defense didn't help much either. Today was the best that I have seen our QB'S play this year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skelton is not a starting Qb in this league. Maybe he would be competent if surrounded by a perfect supporting cast, but he's not and he won't be for a while.

Rewatch the game closely.

He constantly stares down his receivers.

He contantly throws late or maybe he just has a slow release..maybe???

He lacks of touch.

He is immobile. Granted he's big enough to shake off a few hits, but we will NEVER see him on a 20 yard scamper and IMHO, is neccesary in today's NFL. Did you see what that ability did to us today.

Cmon guys. Andrew Luck threw for over 400 yards today. Watch him. He has more in game sense, touch, mobilty and moxie than Skelton and Kolb put together.

Someone mentioned our CB play today. On the 2 td passes Gay and Flemming had near perfect position on their guy. But guess what? They got beat by 2 perfect throws. Skelton couldn't make either of those throws with that precision if he was allowed to try it 10 times.

Face it. Skelton is a 5th round pick from Fordham. He will NEVER lead us to a Super Bowl. Seriously.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's nonsense snakester! Kolb had multiple games better and got us of to a 4-0 start. Just because Skelton didn't throw a score for the other team doesn't make it a great
Game geesh.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That's nonsense snakester! Kolb had multiple games better and got us of to a 4-0 start. Just because Skelton didn't throw a score for the other team doesn't make it a great
Game geesh.

Kolb was 3-1 in games he started along with a last drive win vs. Seattle.

NE could have been a loss, Philly blowout, Miami should have been a loss (got out played by a rookie). Mixed results at best. Not all the QB's fault on this team obviously. No run games, no consistent blocking.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Point was wildbb not the best cardinal QB game all season which was the nonsense spewed by snakester! Kolb got us wins when he wasn't on his back his last 3 games setting sack records because of terrible coaching and line play!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Skelton played alright but still seems to show signs even when he seems alright that he is probably not our franchise QB. Kolb is a lot better but that does not mean probably nothing more than slightly above average when on, but Kolb's accuracy is a lot better. Skelton is an ideal career backup to have, Kolb a good stop gap (though an expensive one) till we get this OL figured out and a young QB with good potential.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Game geesh.

You and I disagree. I have not seen Kolb play this good ever. I will say that Kolb has played decent at times this year but not this good for an entire game. Our defense got us to a 4-0 start before they decided to play half hearted here lately.

Skelton had a solid game today. No he was not Kurt Warner good, but he played well. Well enough to win for sure.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
He missed some throws that he needed to make, but I agree the loss wasn't on him, he had an "OK" performance. If we had a decent running game a lot less pressure would be on him to perform.

:yeahthat:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Point was wildbb not the best cardinal QB game all season which was the nonsense spewed by snakester! Kolb got us wins when he wasn't on his back his last 3 games setting sack records because of terrible coaching and line play!

And he also inexcusably missed open receivers, sometimes for TDs. He's not the savior you make him out to be either. He's average to below average. We don't have a QBOF on this roster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and I disagree. I have not seen Kolb play this good ever. I will say that Kolb has played decent at times this year but not this good for an entire game. Our defense got us to a 4-0 start before they decided to play half hearted here lately.

Skelton had a solid game today. No he was not Kurt Warner good, but he played well. Well enough to win for sure.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he played well but he played well enough for the team to win and I think it's unreasonable to expect more than that from either of our QB's. I'd put his game on a par with Kolb's first two starts this season. Far better than Skelton's previous starts or Kolb's other games.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And he also inexcusably missed open receivers, sometimes for TDs. He's not the savior you make him out to be either. He's average to below average. We don't have a QBOF on this roster.

Sad but true. Kolb continues to be Kolb, getting worse every game he plays and then getting hurt. Vs Philly 127 rating, next game 84 QB rating. Next game 72.8 and last game 64.3 rating. Completion % 70,60,56,53.

Skelton continues to be Skelton. Just can't make the throws necessary in the NFL consistently so will never be anything but a backup.

No QBs and now we have no Running Backs. Not much left for this season except :beer:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Skelton was ok serviceable today, but that was it. Facts are it is unlikely everything will go right for a QB on Sundays, and the better QBs in the league find ways to get it done. Skelton had protection for most of the game, but was unable to score enough points to win. This is about as good as it will get with him.